This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mid-Season 3Parter Pre Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ok, this is to discuss the Mid-Season Three-parter, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd and Spoils Of War.

This is what we know so far:

This Mortal Coil
    Spoiler:
    * "Brad [Wright] will probably be too busy to write an episode of Atlantis this season but has come up with a terrific story that should figure into the mid-season two-parter." (Joseph Mallozzi's February 21 blog)
    * "No hints but I will say that it will be very different from previous mid-season two-parters." (Joseph Mallozzi's March 19 blog)
    * "I put out the outline of the first part of the mid-season two-parter, an episode Carl Binder is particularly [looking] forward to." (Joseph Mallozzi's March 21 blog)
    * "As for which episodes fans should be looking forward to most for each member of the team - it's tough to say only because my opinion could be very different from fan opinion especially when you start factoring in the different fan factions. But, in my opinnion, I’d say: [...] This Mortal Coil for Weir [...]" (Joseph Mallozzi's April 15 blog)
    * "I do a final re-read and pass on This Mortal Coil and hand it off to Alex Levine who will proof it and then put it out to the writing department." (Joseph Mallozzi April 18 blog)
    * "James [Robbins, Production Designer] and Tom [Wells, Supervising Art Director] pop in for an impromptu meeting with Paul and I, looking ahead to possible builds for the next few episodes. No major construction for The Seer, but we will marry some of the exterior scenes from this episode to the This Mortal Coil shoot. James and Tom also pitch out how they’d like to pull off the “horrific reveal” at script’s end. I love it!" (Joseph Mallozzi's April 18 blog)
    * "Well, we started prep on This Mortal Coil today with a nice line-up of all-day meetings." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 4 blog)
    * "Paul finished his pass on This Mortal Coil and did a great job. The script is much clearer and cleaner." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 7 blog)
    * "A short walk over to the FX stage found Will Waring shooting one of the This Mortal Coil walk and talks." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 22 blog)
    * "I was in editing most of the morning, working with Rick Martin on This Mortal Coil [picture included]. It’s coming along swimmingly and still only two minutes short. I already picked spots for the two scenes I’ll be writing - one with the entire team, the other a McKay/Zelenka scene - both nice character moments for all." (Joseph Mallozzi's June 6 blog)
    * "One gate malfunction coming up. Check out This Mortal Coil." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 17 blog)
    * "In fact, Jill will be back to do the mid-season two-parter where, for a second time, Sheppard and Larrin will have to work together." — Joe Flanigan, Starburst interview, published August 2007.

Be All My Sins Remember'd
    Spoiler:
    * "Brad will probably be too busy to write an episode of Atlantis this season but has come up with a terrific story that should figure into the mid-season two-parter." (Joseph Mallozzi's February 21 blog)
    * "No hints but I will say that it will be very different from previous mid-season two-parters." (Joseph Mallozzi's March 19 blog)
    * Martin Gero will be writing this episode. (Joseph Mallozzi's April 16 blog)
    * "Anonymous #4 writes: “Joe which will be the science geek eppy in season 4.. I mean the one where we will see a hell of a lot of space ships and advanced technology at work…” Answer: The second part of the mid-season two-parter certainly fits the bill in a big way." Additionally, "development and evolution" of the Asgard Legacy from SG-1's "Unending" will be addressed in this episode. (Joseph Mallozzi's April 17 blog)
    * "Martin is finishing up work on the second part of the mid-season two-parter." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 7 blog)
    * "Hey, look at what showed up on my desk yesterday. It’s the second part of the mid-season two-parter compliments of Marty G. I predict it will vie for the title of Season Four Fan Favorite Episode. We’ll see if the title sticks." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 9 blog)
    * "Anyways, the reason I was here was because a scheduling conflict came up and Sam Carter had to be taken out of some scenes in an upcoming episode called “Be All My Sins Remember’d.” So I came in before the concept meeting to publish the changes Martin Gero made." (Alex Levine's May 17 blog)
    * Michael Beach and Mitch Pileggi will both be in the episode because both of their characters' ships, the Apollo and Daedalus, will be in the Pegasus Galaxy in orbit over Atlantis. (Joseph Mallozzi's May 19 blog)
    * "Top the day off with a notes call with Nora from SciFi and Deb from Sony - they liked Be All My Sins Remember’d a lot which made it all that more pleasant - and chalk up another day’s work well done." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 22 blog)
    * "Spent most of the day in editing today (Reunion is coming along swimmingly), taking a break for lunch and the Be All My Sins Remember’d read-through. I read the part of Caldwell and really killed. Alan McCullough read the part of the lovely Larrin and we were all blown away by the palpable chemistry between him and Joe Flanigan. If we’d known he’d do such a spectacular job, we’d have cast HIM for Travelers." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 28 blog)
    * "There’s a particularly sweet scene in Be All My Sins" between Teyla and Rodney. (Joseph Mallozzi's June 27 blog)
    * "A really sweet one [emotional scene between Ronon and Teyla] in Be All My Sins Remember’d." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 9 blog)
    * When asked, "Any "Reckoning" style episodes in the near future for Atlantis?" Joseph Mallozzi stated, "BAMSR." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 17 blog)
    * "By the way, we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 31 blog)
    * "In fact, Jill will be back to do the mid-season two-parter where, for a second time, Sheppard and Larrin will have to work together." — Joe Flanigan, Starburst interview, published August 2007.

Spoiler Summary
    McKay and a Wraith work together in a lab on Atlantis with two Marines keeping watch. They’re working together under an extreme time limit and McKay reassures the Wraith that they’ll be done as planned. The Wraith doesn’t believe the estimate is long enough, and McKay claims that he performs better under pressure. They’ve spent enough time together that the Wraith has picked up on McKay’s modus operandi and offers to speed up the process by threatening to feed on him. The Marines don’t take this as a joke, even as McKay tries to reassure them that it is, but he still moves as far from the Wraith as possible to continue his work.

In the meantime, both the Daedalus and the Apollo are in orbit over Atlantis. Carter is with Caldwell on his ship, looking at the upgrades that include a retrofit of an Asgard terminal. They discuss Carter’s command and how different it is from being on an SG team.

Later, the Wraith is with Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla on a puddle jumper. They’ve gone to the Wraith’s hive ship to negotiate the joining of forces. The Wraith’s fellow Wraith stunned the Expedition members so that they could talk with the Wraith in private. The Wraith wakes up Sheppard and tells him he’s managed to get seven hive ships instead of the twelve they had anticipated to join them. The Wraith explains that not all of the hives agreed to the plan and that some of them don’t have queens to create new soldiers should any of them be lost. Sheppard agrees that seven is better than none and they proceed with their plan.

While his team is out, McKay stays behind in Atlantis, this time working with Zelenka in the lab. They are conducting their experiments on a block of silvery metal [Although silvery metal has been seen on Stargate SG-1 as the appearance of the inert state of Replicator cells, the common enemy in this story is currently not known].

Spoils Of War
    Spoiler:
    * "Spent the day spinning - Alan’s story which is looking more like a third part to the mid-season two-parter. Another revelation in a season full of surprises, an unlikely alliance, and things develop for Teyla." (Joseph Mallozzi's April 20 blog)
    * "Alan is working on what [we] like to call “the third part of the mid-season two-parter”." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 7 blog)
    * "We just never got around to it [giving Maj. Lorne a first name]. But Alan has given him a name in Spoils of War. It starts with a W. We’ll see if it sticks." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 27 blog)
    * Fans brought to Joseph Mallozzi's attention in the comment section of his blog that Lorne already had a first name: Evan. Mallozzi did some investigation, and reports the results: "Oh, so Evan it is. Evan Lorne. In all fairness to Alan who was anoint everyone’s favorite Major with the Wesley moniker, no one could remember naming the character. But after some not-so-gentle fan prodding, Alex Levine dug up the truth. He was never actually called Evan at anytime, but in First Strike, he did wear a flight suit and said flight suit did require a name. So, Evan it is. Or, rather, Evan it still is." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 31 blog)
    * "Alan’s Spoils of War is almost prepped and ready to shoot, promising wraithy revelations." (Joseph Mallozzi's June 1 blog)
    * "We watched the director’s cut of Spoils of War (I’m so glad I ate my breakfast before sitting down to watch that wraith birthing scene)..." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 16 blog)

Let's just say I am so looking forward to these episodes!
    Last edited by Mattathias2.0; 04 October 2007, 10:41 AM. Reason: M for McKay

Good idea for a thread

I can't wait for these episodes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Good idea for a thread

I can't wait for these episodes!!!
      Thx.

I am esp interested in who's involved in the war, on which side, and what is the "unlikely alliance."

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
        Spoiler:

* "Anyways, the reason I was here was because a scheduling conflict came up and Sam Carter had to be taken out of some scenes in an upcoming episode called “Be All My Sins Remember’d.” So I came in before the concept meeting to publish the changes Martin Gero made." (Alex Levine's May 17 blog)

In the meantime, both the Daedalus and the Apollo are in orbit over Atlantis. Carter is with Caldwell on his ship, looking at the upgrades that include a retrofit of an Asgard terminal. They discuss Carter’s command and how different it is from being on an SG team.
        Oh! I hope it's not that scene!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          Oh! I hope it's not that scene!
          Agreed. Or the scene in relation to the Asgard Tech.

Comment

Ok, this is to discuss the Mid-Season Three-parter, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd and Spoils Of War.

This Mortal Coil
            Spoiler:
            * "Brad [Wright] will probably be too busy to write an episode of Atlantis this season but has come up with a terrific story that should figure into the mid-season two-parter." (Joseph Mallozzi's February 21 blog)
            * "I put out the outline of the first part of the mid-season two-parter, an episode Carl Binder is particularly [looking] forward to." (Joseph Mallozzi's March 21 blog)
            * "As for which episodes fans should be looking forward to most for each member of the team - it's tough to say only because my opinion could be very different from fan opinion especially when you start factoring in the different fan factions. But, in my opinnion, I’d say: [...] This Mortal Coil for Weir [...]" (Joseph Mallozzi's April 15 blog)
            * "I do a final re-read and pass on This Mortal Coil and hand it off to Alex Levine who will proof it and then put it out to the writing department." (Joseph Mallozzi April 18 blog)
            * "James [Robbins, Production Designer] and Tom [Wells, Supervising Art Director] pop in for an impromptu meeting with Paul and I, looking ahead to possible builds for the next few episodes. No major construction for The Seer, but we will marry some of the exterior scenes from this episode to the This Mortal Coil shoot. James and Tom also pitch out how they’d like to pull off the “horrific reveal” at script’s end. I love it!" (Joseph Mallozzi's April 18 blog)
            * "Well, we started prep on This Mortal Coil today with a nice line-up of all-day meetings." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 4 blog)
            * "Paul finished his pass on This Mortal Coil and did a great job. The script is much clearer and cleaner." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 7 blog)
            * "A short walk over to the FX stage found Will Waring shooting one of the This Mortal Coil walk and talks." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 22 blog)
            * "I was in editing most of the morning, working with Rick Martin on This Mortal Coil [picture included]. It’s coming along swimmingly and still only two minutes short. I already picked spots for the two scenes I’ll be writing - one with the entire team, the other a McKay/Zelenka scene - both nice character moments for all." (Joseph Mallozzi's June 6 blog)
            * "One gate malfunction coming up. Check out This Mortal Coil." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 17 blog)

Spoiler:
            * "Brad will probably be too busy to write an episode of Atlantis this season but has come up with a terrific story that should figure into the mid-season two-parter." (Joseph Mallozzi's February 21 blog)
            * "Anonymous #4 writes: “Joe which will be the science geek eppy in season 4.. I mean the one where we will see a hell of a lot of space ships and advanced technology at work…” Answer: The second part of the mid-season two-parter certainly fits the bill in a big way." Additionally, "development and evolution" of the Asgard Legacy from SG-1's "Unending" will be addressed in this episode. (Joseph Mallozzi's April 17 blog)
            * "Martin is finishing up work on the second part of the mid-season two-parter." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 7 blog)
            * "Hey, look at what showed up on my desk yesterday. It’s the second part of the mid-season two-parter compliments of Marty G. I predict it will vie for the title of Season Four Fan Favorite Episode. We’ll see if the title sticks." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 9 blog)
            * Michael Beach and Mitch Pileggi will both be in the episode because both of their characters' ships, the Apollo and Daedalus, will be in the Pegasus Galaxy in orbit over Atlantis. (Joseph Mallozzi's May 19 blog)
            * "Top the day off with a notes call with Nora from SciFi and Deb from Sony - they liked Be All My Sins Remember’d a lot which made it all that more pleasant - and chalk up another day’s work well done." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 22 blog)
            * "Spent most of the day in editing today (Reunion is coming along swimmingly), taking a break for lunch and the Be All My Sins Remember’d read-through. I read the part of Caldwell and really killed. Alan McCullough read the part of the lovely Larrin and we were all blown away by the palpable chemistry between him and Joe Flanigan. If we’d known he’d do such a spectacular job, we’d have cast HIM for Travelers." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 28 blog)
            * "There’s a particularly sweet scene in Be All My Sins" between Teyla and Rodney. (Joseph Mallozzi's June 27 blog)
            * "A really sweet one [emotional scene between Ronon and Teyla] in Be All My Sins Remember’d." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 9 blog)
            * When asked, "Any "Reckoning" style episodes in the near future for Atlantis?" Joseph Mallozzi stated, "BAMSR." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 17 blog)
            * "By the way, we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 31 blog)

Spoiler Summary
            McKay and a Wraith work together in a lab on Atlantis with two Marines keeping watch. They’re working together under an extreme time limit and McKay reassures the Wraith that they’ll be done as planned. The Wraith doesn’t believe the estimate is long enough, and McKay claims that he performs better under pressure. They’ve spent enough time together that the Wraith has picked up on McKay’s modus operandi and offers to speed up the process by threatening to feed on him. The Marines don’t take this as a joke, even as McKay tries to reassure them that it is, but he still moves as far from the Wraith as possible to continue his work.

Later, the Wraith is with Sheppard, Ronon, and Teyla on a puddle jumper. They’ve gone to the Wraith’s hive ship to negotiate the joining of forces. The Wraith’s fellow Wraith stunned the Expedition members so that they could talk with the Wraith in private. The Wraith wakes up Sheppard and tells him he’s managed to get seven hive ships instead of the twelve they had anticipated to join them. The Wraith explains that not all of the hives agreed to the plan and that some of them don’t have queens to create new soldiers should any of them be lost. Sheppard agrees that seven is better than none and they proceed with their plan.

While his team is out, McKay stays behind in Atlantis, this time working with Zelenka in the lab. They are conducting their experiments on a block of silvery metal [Although silvery metal has been seen on Stargate SG-1 as the appearance of the inert state of Replicator cells, the common enemy in this story is currently not known].

Spoils Of War
            Spoiler:
            * "Spent the day spinning - Alan’s story which is looking more like a third part to the mid-season two-parter. Another revelation in a season full of surprises, an unlikely alliance, and things develop for Teyla." (Joseph Mallozzi's April 20 blog)
            * "Alan is working on what [we] like to call “the third part of the mid-season two-parter”." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 7 blog)
            * "We just never got around to it [giving Maj. Lorne a first name]. But Alan has given him a name in Spoils of War. It starts with a W. We’ll see if it sticks." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 27 blog)
            * Fans brought to Joseph Mallozzi's attention in the comment section of his blog that Lorne already had a first name: Evan. Mallozzi did some investigation, and reports the results: "Oh, so Evan it is. Evan Lorne. In all fairness to Alan who was anoint everyone’s favorite Major with the Wesley moniker, no one could remember naming the character. But after some not-so-gentle fan prodding, Alex Levine dug up the truth. He was never actually called Evan at anytime, but in First Strike, he did wear a flight suit and said flight suit did require a name. So, Evan it is. Or, rather, Evan it still is." (Joseph Mallozzi's May 31 blog)
            * "Alan’s Spoils of War is almost prepped and ready to shoot, promising wraithy revelations." (Joseph Mallozzi's June 1 blog)
            * "We watched the director’s cut of Spoils of War (I’m so glad I ate my breakfast before sitting down to watch that wraith birthing scene)..." (Joseph Mallozzi's July 16 blog)

This could possibly top Storm/Eye and Return! Really looking forward to it.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This Mortal Coil
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler Summary

Spoils Of War
              Spoiler:

I take it you don't like the individual threads that are already started for these episodes so you had to start another??? Besides...
              Spoiler:
              Larrin and the Travelers do not show up in This Mortal Coil, but in Be All My Sins Remember'd.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

I think it's a good idea to have one big mid season discussion thread for us to speculate on the general storyline of all three

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                  I take it you don't like the individual threads that are already started for these episodes so you had to start another??? Besides...
                  Spoiler:
                  Larrin and the Travelers do not show up in This Mortal Coil, but in Be All My Sins Remember'd.
                  I checked and couldn't find the "original threads" for these episodes, otherwise I would not have created this thread .

Comment

I checked and couldn't find the "original threads" for these episodes, otherwise I would not have created this thread .
                    The threads aren't shown if no one has posted to them in over 3 or 4 weeks. Use the search function and narrow it down to this folder and they will appear.
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X