Good bye Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good bye Atlantis?

With Adrift only getting a 1.2 rating, I have a feeling this is the last season.

Jumping the gun a bit aren't we?

I think that untill Reunion, Travellers and Tabula Rasa (at least) have aired WITHOUT ANY MORE EPISODE LEAKS, Sci-Fi, MGM or anyone else can't really get a good picture of what the seasons ratings should be expected.

I'm not saying don't speculate. But don't toll the bells just yet.

<---- My Happy Place

(/) + (/) + (/)=

banner by valeria_sg_1 via lj

Comment

hello atlantis

Comment

Ya hi, can I have some more please?

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
          With Adrift only getting a 1.2 rating, I have a feeling this is the last season.
          But in a past thread didn't it say that only some people have the correct setup box (don't know what it is called) in America which adds to the ratings.
          sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

I was thinking this could be the last series when I heard they were putting it on a 22:00 slot in the US

Comment

Do time slots really matter that much these days, tbh ALL of the TV channels need to be looking to the internet as a valid form of broadcasting.

They should also be bringing in new production teams after 2 seasons so theres long enough for the team to make things fit but often enough to bring in new ideas etc.

Another thing that also needs to be done is slowing down.
              Stargate as a universe or a brand or whatever you call it isnt going anywhere, IMHO theres no need to rush another spin off from the 2nd planned SG1 movie otherwise were going to get into a situation like the one the StarTrek universe did, too much too often and people get bored of it, yes theres a hardcore fan base out there that'll watch it all and buy all the DVD's but there are more people out there that are more a casual watcher and will soon get bored with it, then the figures go down and things get scrapped..
              Look at Atlantis, was bringing in a spin off a bad idea, maybe Atlantis should of been brought in as a spin off from the first DVD Movie (Still with the Ori ending but beating the Ori could of come around with the discovery of Atlantis) and then done that way instead of being ran parallel to SG1...

Comment

Too bad that Sci-Fi cares only about commercials. I know, it´s basic of every television but without counting iTunes or internet players (lots of people even don´t have television any more!) is it pointless to count ratings. And most of people don´t have Nielsen box. This is unfair and stupid system.
                But, I think that Sci-Fi should kick its own ass for letting some of their employee to get Adrift and Lifeline out and to make such stupid mistake like release Doppleganger isntead of Adrift. Another numbers of episodes or not, here we can see that the person who sent it to iTunes knows nothing about SGA and what people work with it.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Oh, I am sorry, you "know-it-all". *bows*

Ratings and commercials are connected, that´s what I wanted to say. Without ratings, the commercials won´t be sold. The tv show becomes unprofitable, so it gets cancelled. Simple as that.
                  I have no idea how Nielsen box works, but I suppose it´s something like people-meters we have here (yeah, I am NOT from US)

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

bye SGA, it was a great year with season 1. I won't miss you
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                      I have no idea how Nielsen box works
                      so maybe you should stop commenting on how crap a system it is? Seriously, and this is no offence intended personally or anything, but how can you judge a system when you don't even know how it works?

Comment

So try to choose different words next time so it doesn´t sound like an insult. Or try to explain, if you know it. There is no need to be negative.
                        And I have no idea how it works into details but as I understand it correctly, it is similar to people-meter. If is it so then it´s unfair because it works only at people who have it (of course). So it doesn´t count the others who might watching and are without Nielsen box. That is why I say it´s unfair.

g.o.d-you haven´t seen S4 yet. So I would wait if I were you.
                        Last edited by Klenotka; 03 October 2007, 03:47 AM.

Comment

So try to choose different words next time so it doesn´t sound like insult. Or try to explain, if you know it. There is no need to be negative.
                          And I have no idea how it works into details but as I understand it correctly, it is similar to people-meter. If is it so then it´s unfair because it works only at people who have it (of course) and don´t count the others who might watching, just don´t have Nielsen box. That is why I say it´s unfair.
                          It's called statistical sampling, and something you'd learn in any maths course that covers statistics. There's no need to sample every single person watching TV because that would be much too unwieldy (and expensive). A sample size is carefully selected to be representative of the entire population. It's not 'unfair' that you specifically aren't being counted, because you are being represented by the sampling. It just maths.

Maybe next time you could take things less personally. Not everyone is out to get you. Or maybe do some research rather draw judgement on something you admit to not knowing. It's not hard to google something these days...

Comment

g.o.d-you haven´t seen S4 yet. So I would wait if I were you.
                            I've seen 401,402, 404 and only Lifeline was a good episode. Rest could be ok, but I really doubt it
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, it doesn't look wonderful ... but I'm not ready to give up just yet. The bad news is that the show's ratings are way, way down from where they once were at their height.

But the good news is that the show is basically doing just as well as anything else that SCI FI has right now. They can't afford to cancel everything.

The bigger issue than just the ratings is the ratio of ratings (viewership) to costs. If the network thinks it can get equivalent ratings with a Eureka or a Dresden Files, which I would guess cost a bit less to make, it will be less likely to want to spend the money on Atlantis.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X