This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween Costume Ideas

Hey everyone! October is upon us, and I need a good idea for a Halloween costume. My last couple of costumes were too "obscure" for most people to get (Homestar Runner and Ash from Evil Dead II), so this year I'm aiming for something a little more recognizable. So help me out!

I'm a large semi-muscular man with a full beard (which preferably my costume would have as well). So far my best idea would be "Giant Leprechaun" (I'm 6'4"). Ideas?!

(Also: I'm not one to be selfish! Feel free to share any fun, creative costume ideas you've got for anyone else who might be stumped!)

Well, if the beard must be an integral part of the costume, some obvious ideas are:

Bluebeard

Blackbeard the pirate
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
        If only I were in better shape...

Comment

then?
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Who or what is that?

Comment

don't you know?
              shame be upon you!!
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

The best halloween costume I have seen on a big bloke was a mate of mine who is a 6' 5" tall rugby prop forward, he's built like a tank, and he and his equally large friends all dressed up as Care Bears....there is nothing more terrifying when you are drunk at 2am than a 6' 5" version of 'Lucky' the Care Bear lurching into your vision.

Go as Thor...as a viking

or...a ringwraith is also cool...

I am stuck for choice between my Stargate costume and my glow in the dark skeleton suit....the skeleton is more halloween but I've worn it before...ho hum choices choices.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  don't you know?
                  shame be upon you!!
                  You'll have to forgive me... it looks so familiar, but I can't quite place it...

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                  ...there is nothing more terrifying when you are drunk at 2am than a 6' 5" version of 'Lucky' the Care Bear lurching into your vision.
                  That would be pretty funny, especially if I was also drunk and surly.

I had considered dressing as a Viking... I did recently purchase a plastic Viking helmet (complete with horns!) for a friend's wedding reception (good times!).

Comment

pirate? its a bit dull but you sound like you'd make a good pirate.
                    sigpic
                    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

OHHOOH I'm a pirate! Pirates are cool! But ninja's are better! (I'm going as the Ninja Temari from Naruto, if I can get my costume done ) but I think a pirate would be cool! yet the carebear idea is just gold

Comment

Go as a Jedi

They got class and are Bad Ass
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                          You'll have to forgive me... it looks so familiar, but I can't quite place it...
                          i's Brian Blessed from the old Flash Gordon movie
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          Quotes!
                          sigpic

Comment

Scariest costume? Be yourself!

Similar joke was in Addams family, where Wednesday dressed like a normal people and she said that her costume is a psychotic or series-killer.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Could always go as a large jack sparrow, a cool pirate lol.

Me and my friends are going as Mystery inc. I wanted to be scooby doo but they made me boring fred .

Comment

Working...
                              X