4x01 - "Adrift" - R.I.P. Miko Kusanagi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x01 - "Adrift" - R.I.P. Miko Kusanagi?

Although Miko Kusanagi only appeared in a few season one episodes, she's one of the most memorable characters of Stargate Atlantis. It's an established fact that she possesses the Ancient gene. How she possesses it is unclear, but she does indeed have it.

However, she's not among the 20 or so people present when John calls for all personnel with the Gene to be present. This probably means she died sometime between the time she was last seen and "Adrift" (maybe even in the mayhem of 3x20?)?

Here's to a great scientist whose time had not yet come.

Unless she evacuated to the Apollo during the events of First Strike?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Although Miko Kusanagi only appeared in a few season one episodes, she's one of the most memorable characters of Stargate Atlantis. It's an established fact that she possesses the Ancient gene. How she possesses it is unclear, but she does indeed have it.

However, she's not among the 20 or so people present when John calls for all personnel with the Gene to be present. This probably means she died sometime between the time she was last seen and "Adrift" (maybe even in the mayhem of 3x20?)?

Here's to a great scientist whose time had not yet come.

oh i liked Miko maybe she'll turn up again
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

could always mean she just returned to earth at some point. i don't even remeber her.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Never heard of her.

Comment

Anyone have a picture?

Comment

She was the scientist in "Letters From Pegasus" in s1. She sent the message about how wonderful it is to work for McKay, supplemented by flashbacks where Rodney is complaining about a sandwich, complaining about a Charlie horse, etc. etc. Quite funny.

Comment

oh yeah...........i just found her annoying. if i was mckay i wouldn't take notice of her either.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  She was the scientist in "Letters From Pegasus" in s1. She sent the message about how wonderful it is to work for McKay, supplemented by flashbacks where Rodney is complaining about a sandwich, complaining about a Charlie horse, etc. etc. Quite funny.
                  Oh, I liked her! Did she appear in any other episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Oh, I liked her! Did she appear in any other episodes?
                    Her only appearance was in "Letters..." but she was mentioned and reference to by name in "The Gift" and "The Siege (Part I)".

Comment

When was it established that she has the gene? I don't remember that off-hand... anyhow, I think it's equally likely that she was one of the folks evacuated to the Apollo than that she's suddenly died... they only had 20 people on the entire base with the gene in Adrift and given that the gene therapy is 47% effective, they should usually have a lot more than that!
                      sigpic

Comment

It's an indirect reference from The Gift.

CONTROL CHAIR ROOM. Rodney, Carson and Zelenka are standing near the dais on which the chair stands. Carson is staring at the chair in dread.
                        BECKETT: Don’t you remember what happened last time I sat in one of those?
                        McKAY: There’s nowhere near enough power in the thing to do anything.
                        (Zelenka pushes Carson onto the dais.)
                        BECKETT: Then why bother? Gentlemen, it’s quite late.
                        ZELENKA: We are trying to determine exactly how much power is required to operate the systems that are controlled by the chair.
                        McKAY: And in order to do that, it needs to be on.
                        BECKETT: You have the gene now!
                        McKAY: Yeah, but I can’t be trying to analyse the feedback data while I’m concentrating on keeping the damn thing activated!

<snip>

BECKETT: Really? (He and Elizabeth leave the room.)
                        McKAY (irritated): Alright, we’ll try Doctor Kusanagi.
                        ZELENKA: Kusanagi.
                        McKAY: Now!
                        ZELENKA: OK.
                        McKAY: Thank you!

Comment

Eh...well, Kusanagi played a semi-important role in the recent SGA book "Entanglement". And that took place sometime in Season 3...so she was still alive then.

I don't think she has the gene. It wasn't mentioned in the book, and I don't remember her operating anything in the first season. It's very likely she was evacuated to the Apollo. Or she was transferred when we weren't looking.

She's not dead, though. They'd have mentioned it.
                          Last edited by Era Yachi; 01 October 2007, 12:54 PM. Reason: Stupid typos.
                          sigpic

The best crossover ever.

Comment

the book? How does that determine if she's dead or not?
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

^^Dr. Miko Kusanagi for those who can't remember her.

And yes, she did have the ancient gene otherwise, as is stated in the convo from The Gift, they wouldn't have used her to power up the chair.

Personally, I don't think she's dead. She just fell off TPTB's radar. Lucky her!
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                              X