Atlantis Damage OMG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    If Atlantis was a sentient being I bet it wishes the Tauri never found it. We've had more damage done to it in 3 years than it did in the millions of years in ancient control .
    lol but you're right of course.

I agree with shawnrasch their problems will focus on power and the materials to repair the damage. the database should really help them on this one. and with Carter and McKay there what could go wrong? well hopefully something does go wrong.

I have no idea why the asteroid didn't hit the tower but my guess would be that McKay was in close proximity to the asteroid so maybe when he fired every little part of it was forced into another direction. that's how nothing hit the tower. of course that's just a theory. even so at least a few micro-asteroids should have hit Atlantis in that spot. anyway it was a pretty cool scene and I had a lot of fun watching it!
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

why couldnt the ancients make atlantis with the material from the stargate....or atleast padd it with it
      sigpic

Comment

I ended up reading the transcript, so I'm going to add a bit, that hints that ATLANTIS can repair secondary systems, but not primary... I am only going to include a small bit, but reading the “adrift” transcript is up to you… You also pick up hints in SGA S1 E1 and E2 “Rising”…

…but would repairing damage to such an extend constitute as primary or secondary?

SHEPPARD: So parts of the city don’t have power.

McKAY: No, no. no. The conduits weren’t severed -- they were damaged. Look, it’s complicated but imagine them as leaky pipes, OK?

SHEPPARD: OK.

McKAY: So you pump water through them, they leak, right?

SHEPPARD (tetchily): If you dumb this down any more, you’re gonna get hit.

McKAY: Sorry. Look, the city realises that, for whatever reason, power’s not making it to the outer piers, so instead of repairing the leaks, which it can’t do, it increases the ZedP.M.’s output so that even though the pipes are leaky and we lose power, enough energy makes it to the end of the line.

SHEPPARD: And that’s bad.

McKAY: No, that’s good.

(John sighs in irritation.)

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
          Watch there be some type of repair system in alantis, and they have to turn it on
          Probably, I was thinking something along the lines of nanites (no where near as sophisticated as the Asurans of course) that go out and repair some of the damage.

Comment

Working...
          X