This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer
    Some great Sheppard/McKay friendship moments. Shep going into Rodney's dream to save him, and then Rodney doing the same for him. That whole last part was great. The evil!Shep tearing down Rodney, and the real Shep encouraging him. And Shep's stunned devastation when he thought Rodney was dead, and everyone condemning him for it. And lots of Shep whump - the evil!Shep really beat Shep up good. I could hear the whumpers screaming in my ear.
    Ah, this maybe then where the Rodney dies rumours came from?

Hmm, so the stuff in the rowboat? Is that from DG? What happened there? *inquiring minds want to know* Also I am just nosey.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Oh yes, let's kill off another well-liked character. *shakes head*
    I would hardly call her well liked and she was no more important then Peter G *shrugs* Plus we have hardly seen her at all in the three season, and the only time she was even remotely useful was as a plot device was in Duet and even then folks had huge problems with her, and the advice she was handing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Ah, this maybe then where the Rodney dies rumours came from?

Hmm, so the stuff in the rowboat? Is that from DG? What happened there? *inquiring minds want to know* Also I am just nosey.
      Someone will probably beat me to this, but...yes, I think this is where the Rodney dies rumors come from.

Here's what happens. They have the entity trapped in Rodney. But they have to get it out of him so it doesn't kill him. So Shep gets hooked up to this device and goes into Rodney's dream. In Rodney's dream, he's trapped in a rowboat out on the ocean in a storm, and he's trying to get to Atlantis. The evil Shep is in the front of the boat, taunting him, telling him what a loser he is, that he may as well give up. There's also a whale circling the boat. Then the real Shep appears in the back of the boat, and starts telling Rodney not to listen, that it's not real, to not give up. He's helping Rodney row, and tells him "This isn't as bad as I thought it would be." Then they both turn around and see a clown in the back of the boat.

The evil!Shep tells them they can't win, and you see an overhead shot of a huge whale mouth coming up and eating the boat. Shep jerks awake, and sees Rodney flatlining and Keller trying to revive him, to no avail. The next shot is Shep staggering stunned down the hallway. Everyone comes up to blame him for Rodney's death, and tell him what a horrible friend he is, and how he let Rodney down. Carter tells him he's relieved of duty. Then he sees the evil!Shep and attacks him, and they have a very cool fight. Just as he's losing, Rodney comes back into his dream and tells him he's not dead. The evil!Shep attacks him, but gets hit with an electrical current, and the real Shep throws him through the Stargate. Then they both wake up.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Anyone have a idea on if or when they might fix the episode / problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          "This isn't as bad as I thought it would be." Then they both turn around and see a clown in the back of the boat.
          I see Robert C is still going for the subtle laugh.

The evil!Shep tells them they can't win, and you see an overhead shot of a huge whale mouth coming up and eating the boat. Shep jerks awake, and sees Rodney flatlining and Keller trying to revive him, to no avail. The next shot is Shep staggering stunned down the hallway. Everyone comes up to blame him for Rodney's death, and tell him what a horrible friend he is, and how he let Rodney down. Carter tells him he's relieved of duty. Then he sees the evil!Shep and attacks him, and they have a very cool fight. Just as he's losing, Rodney comes back into his dream and tells him he's not dead. The evil!Shep attacks him, but gets hit with an electrical current, and the real Shep throws him through the Stargate. Then they both wake up.
          Aw, this makes me happy in so many wrong *g* and good ways!

Thanks!

Comment

I was just thinking about why we don't see anymore Heightmeyer. She is one of my favorite characters because she seems so "real", compared to getting lost the character realm of stargate. And to read she dies, ruins my Saturday night, which was already ruined by boring friends... But this just makes things worse.

On a side note, I never heard the term doppelganger used before. But once the title of this episode was released, I hear it all over the place. I am still waiting to use it in a real world conversation.
            Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              I see Robert C is still going for the subtle laugh.

Aw, this makes me happy in so many wrong *g* and good ways!

Thanks!
              You're welcome!
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

How Does Heightmeyer Die? She was such a loveable actress, and also an attractive one! g*d damn it! how many doctor must we sacrifice!
                Last edited by ohnd; 30 September 2007, 01:30 AM.

Comment

this is the first time that we are digging deep into the emotions of the characters and i am liking what i have seen so far. after three years of living on atlantis and so many deaths and near deaths they are finally feeling the affects.

you are seeing all there fears, i am surprise that teyla still feels that she is not trusted by them. i don't get the buried alive thing for ronon maybe his girlfriend was buried alive on sateda. rodney and john fear the same thing letting people down.

i like kate but to be honest i am not really going to miss her on the show.

Comment

so it has aired. How is it possible?
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
                      How Does Heightmeyer Die? She was such a loveable actress, and also an attractive one! g*d damn it! how many doctor must we sacrifice!
                      The scene with Kate's death was a little confusing, because at first you think it's from Teyla's perspective. She comes out on the balcony and sees Kate on the railing, holding like she's going to jump. Teyla evidently thinks she's going to jump, and starts trying to talk her down. Kate is terrified, and says she doesn't want to fall, but she can't get down. (If I'm messing up the details, someone feel free to correct me). Teyla starts forward as if she's going to pull her down, and evil!Shep jumps in front of her. He grabs her arms and keeps her from going to Kate. Kate is screaming for Teyla to help her, and Teyla is struggling to reach her, but evil!Shep is holding her and she can't get there. Kate falls, and you see the city as she's going down-it's from Kate's perspective, and then, black. The next scene is Keller coming into Kate's quarters and Teyla is there. Kate is in the bed, dead. She died in her sleep and Teyla found her.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

Atlantis has just pissed me off, worse way to kill off an attractive character. CURSE YOU ATLANTIS!!

Comment

Aww, poor FalconHorus

I need to see this episode!

Comment

I watched SG-1, loved Cold Lazarus, and thought this episode was unique enough. It wasn't a complete rehash like the last part of Progeny was for Unnatural Selection. The first thirty some minutes of Progeny were fantastic but the last part could've came straight from US.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok i here theres a clown scene and i am deathly afraid of clowns so i need a must know.. can i bear this episode? lol!
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                                Ok i here theres a clown scene and i am deathly afraid of clowns so i need a must know.. can i bear this episode? lol!
                                Yes. He's only shown for about 2 seconds.
                                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X