No announcement yet.

McKay, Weir, Shep, and the nanites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here's one thing I don't get about this whole debate - why are people blaming Rodney? Keller was the one who had the idea to use the nanites, and Keller was the one who insisted to Rodney that they had to use the nanites immediately, even though Weir would be part Replicator.

If it's anyone's "fault", it's Keller's, for going to such an extreme to save Elizabeth. And I can't blame her for that. She's a doctor; she's going to do whatever it takes to save a life, and with Rodney assuring her that the nanites wouldn't harm Elizabeth or contact the Replicators, she was justified in trying to save Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
      Ok, here's one thing I don't get about this whole debate - why are people blaming Rodney? Keller was the one who had the idea to use the nanites, and Keller was the one who insisted to Rodney that they had to use the nanites immediately, even though Weir would be part Replicator.

If it's anyone's "fault", it's Keller's, for going to such an extreme to save Elizabeth. And I can't blame her for that. She's a doctor; she's going to do whatever it takes to save a life, and with Rodney assuring her that the nanites wouldn't harm Elizabeth or contact the Replicators, she was justified in trying to save Elizabeth.
      Because Keller couldn't have done anything on her own. She suggested the nanites to Rodney, she encouraged him to activate them, but she wasn't capable of doing it herself.

Rodney is responsible for his own actions. Keller didn't have the authority to authorize the use of the nanites. So the blame is going to fall on Rodney. But I do agree that Keller should be held accountable as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo View Post
        Because McKay had the option to say no??? What would have Keller done??

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
          Because McKay had the option to say no??? What would have Keller done??
          agreed

you are responsible for your own actions... as the nuremberg trials showed us...
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
          X