Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Torri Higginson (Dr. Elizabeth Weir)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    LEADER'S LEGACY
    GateWorld talks with Torri Higginson

GateWorld sits down with Torri Higginson to talk about Weir's lasting legacy on Atlantis, her feelings for her fans, and what the future holds.

READ MORE ...
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 October 2007, 08:42 AM.

Originally posted by Torri Higginson
    So many of the episodes I was just there in the background, which wasn't challenging for me. And I think they're going "Why are we paying this chick when she's only in for a couple of scenes?" You know what I mean? It made a lot of sense, I thought. That's how I hypothesize it. It makes a lot of sense for me.
    Straight from the horses mouth, something I've said before.

For me, it's a good move because I would rather be somewhere and be working than dipping my toes in every once in a while. That's what I meant by it. It all worked out for the best
    Good to hear that she's cool with it and is moving ahead

Comment

A candid interview. I'm glad Torri is ok with things and thought she was very mature in her reaction to everything that's happened. I agree with her about Weir, and hope the reduction in role gives her something more to do when she's on set. Good luck to her with future projects.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice interview. Thanks David

I'll be looking for Torri on NCIS.
        sigpic

Comment

That as an awesome interview!!!! Thank you so much!
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Great interview ,and I was glad to read Torri's perspective about the changes .

I'm going to miss her and Dr Weir from SGA,but I have high hopes for TH's future.She's a very good actress imo ,and hopefully NCIS will lead on to more good parts on tv/films.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Great interview! Thanks.

I'm looking forward to seeing Torri in the mainstream shows. NCIS is the first on my list. She'll be on the episode airing Tuesday, October 16, on CBS, at 8 PM EST.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

yeah, i'm looking forward to her on ncis too.

and that show will have had both Weir's on it now. Jessica Steen had a role last year or so
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the interview! Love her, she's such a sweetheart

Comment

Very nice interview. Torri Higginson was very gracious and respectful, yet candid as well. I hope NCIS and Journeyman end up being great launching points for a new direction in her career.

Comment

Awesome interview! Torri is first class!

Comment

It's pretty sad that say, Battlestar Galactica's writers can continually develop and explore their thirteen or so main characters all the while bringing secondary characters to the forefront, yet Stargate Atlantis couldn't find anything for their lead actress to do.

There's a ridiculous wealth of material to explore in both Altantis the show and Atlantis the city that would have given Torri some great stuff to chew on. It's really too bad that the writers continually refuse to explore internal drama amongst the expedition's members and wider story arcs that would facilitate the participation of non-combatant, non-scientist characters. I suppose episodes about whales and cheesy Alien remakes are more important than character focus, though.

Great interview, though! She really is sweet, isn't she?

Comment

I look forward to seeing Torri on NCIS and I hope she gets the part on Journeyman... I really enjoyed the premiere of that show... Good interview Thanks You!

Comment

I think Torri was extremely gracious in her interview and it was good to hear her speak out.

At the same time, I am very disappointed to see her go. I think that the character had much more potential than just a scene or two in an episode, and could be more than simply background. I think at one point in her interview she mentioned how loyal TPTB were to the SG-1 cast and how that was a good thing. However, I am disappointed that my current perception is that that same loyalty does not extend to those in the SGA cast.

Torri is a wonderful actress and I look forward to seeing her in other works. I think in her actions and her attitude she exudes nothing but pure class, as can be seen in her interview.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                              It's pretty sad that say, Battlestar Galactica's writers can continually develop and explore their thirteen or so main characters all the while bringing secondary characters to the forefront, yet Stargate Atlantis couldn't find anything for their lead actress to do.
                              Making every character angry, depressed, and angsty is not that hard to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X