X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Spoiler Rules

Hi all,

To help kick off the new season of Stargate Atlantis, GateWorld Forum is also kicking off an ExCiTiNg new change in the spoiler policy!

Spoiler warnings and use of the [ spoiler ] tag will remain in effect for the current and future season(s) of the show(s), airing on SCI FI Channel in the U.S., Sky One in the U.K., and Movie Central in Canada. This applies not only up until the episode has aired, but after the episode has aired, until the next season has started.

Spoiler warnings and use of the [ spoiler ] tag are no longer required for last year's episodes, which are new to syndication this year.

So, to recap:

Stargate Atlantis - Season One ... no spoiler warning required
    Stargate Atlantis - Season Two ... no spoiler warning required
    Stargate Atlantis - Season Three ... no spoiler warning required
    Stargate Atlantis - Season Four ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!
    Stargate Atlantis - Season Five ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!

Stargate SG-1 - Seasons One to Nine ... no spoiler warning required
    Stargate SG-1 - Season Ten ... no spoiler warning required
    Stargate SG-1 - Movies ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!

Enjoy the new season!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

*Sends hug to Darren *

This hopefully will make life a lot easier when talking about the older seasons.

( Unless members come from the zones/countries where S10/S3 haven't aired yet,and get spoiled before they read the announcements .In which case, I advise them to be spoiler-wary ..or restrict their reading of the newer threads and sections !)

Been away ..because I didn't want to get *too* into the spoilers..how ironic !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thanks for the update Darren... this new, simplified policy will certainly make things much easier for those of us outside of the US who have NO idea where syndication has gotten up to!! (Or, to be honest, what syndication actually is! )
      sigpic

Comment

does this mean i can use my S3 screencap sig without spoilers
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

you should really shave 46 pixels of its width(if it's the same size as the one you're using now), but sure, content wise, it's fine
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have a rotating sig so the images are different depending on which one its rotated too. I will attempt to standardise
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Hi all,

To help kick off the new season of Stargate Atlantis, GateWorld Forum is also kicking off an ExCiTiNg new change in the spoiler policy!

Spoiler warnings and use of the [ spoiler ] tag will remain in effect for the current and future season(s) of the show(s), airing on SCI FI Channel in the U.S., Sky One in the U.K., and Movie Central in Canada. This applies not only up until the episode has aired, but after the episode has aired, until the next season has started.

Spoiler warnings and use of the [ spoiler ] tag are no longer required for last year's episodes, which are new to syndication this year.

So, to recap:

Stargate Atlantis - Season One ... no spoiler warning required
              Stargate Atlantis - Season Two ... no spoiler warning required
              Stargate Atlantis - Season Three ... no spoiler warning required
              Stargate Atlantis - Season Four ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!
              Stargate Atlantis - Season Five ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!

Stargate SG-1 - Seasons One to Nine ... no spoiler warning required
              Stargate SG-1 - Season Ten ... no spoiler warning required
              Stargate SG-1 - Movies ... SPOILER WARNING REQUIRED!

Enjoy the new season!
              Thanks for the updates. Does this mean I can't make a sigs with S4 caps and show them without putting behind spoiler tags?

Comment

it'll depend on the photo.

a very generic shot, sure. something that gives away a major plot point, no

Someone dies in doppelganger. making a sig that expresses your sadness at thier passing and identifies who the person is can't be used without tags.

A general shot of doppelganger should be ok

If there's any question, snag a mod and we'll check it out and give your a ruling

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  it'll depend on the photo.

a very generic shot, sure. something that gives away a major plot point, no

Someone dies in doppelganger. making a sig that expresses your sadness at thier passing and identifies who the person is can't be used without tags.

A general shot of doppelganger should be ok

If there's any question, snag a mod and we'll check it out and give your a ruling
                  OK.
                  Spoiler:
                  So is the hug scene in Doppleganger ok or no?

Thanks Skydiver for answering my questions. I'm pass info to others too.

Comment

i can't tell you without seeing it. How about posting it here behind a cut please.

I haven't seen doppel, nor am i likely to any time in the immediate future, so i don't quite know what you're talking about

sigpic

Comment

How about just saying that the spoiler rules for the current season of a show haven't changed so if you couldn't use a current-season image before, you can't use it now.

Beyond that, it's the same old issue of "does this count?"

Comment

i can't tell you without seeing it. How about posting it here behind a cut please.

I haven't seen doppel, nor am i likely to any time in the immediate future, so i don't quite know what you're talking about
                        OK:
                        Spoiler:
                        I won't use it until it's ok, but this was what I was asking about.

Comment

Thanks for the update Darren!! I was actually thinking about this the other day. Phew! Glad that's off my mind now.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                            OK:
                            Spoiler:
                            I won't use it until it's ok, but this was what I was asking about.

I'm not seeing an issue with that sig

sigpic

Comment

I'm not seeing an issue with that sig
                              Oh Thank you Skydiver! I'll wait until ep is aired.

Comment

Working...
                              X