• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Adrift' (401) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 401

Adrift in deep space with the city's protective shield failing, Dr. McKay and the team must do all they can to keep Atlantis alive. A radical injury threatens Dr. Weir's life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:47 AM.

damn that was a bad ass premiere rodney called sheppard "john" they thinking about stealing a zpm bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      damn that was a bad ass premiere rodney called sheppard "john" they thinking about stealing a zpm bad ass.
      True. I also like how Atlantis didn't make it through the asteroid belt unscathed. The city's been flooded, pelted with rocks, and hit with energy beams so far.

Comment

1. Like the new credits. Slightly altered with a couple clips of S3 in it

2. So sad about Dr. Weir until the end, but then I was happy to see her up at the end. I am so iffy about activating those Replicator nanites.

3. Loved the Jumper scene, and Radek & John's scene.

4. They are still screwed, and talk about an audicious plan. Should be interesting.

I currently have no rating because of "To be continued."

Comment

That was AWESOME! Fabulous CGI (that jump across by Zelenka and Sheppard was unbelievable!). Great conflict between Sheppard and McKay. Incredibly sweet scene between Ronon and Weir.

I can't wait for next week!
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Yeah awesome opener! I can't wait for the next ep! As soon as they started to talk about getting the ZPMs I was like "Awe yeah!" I can't wait for next week!

Perfecto!

Comment

Ok you guys are on the ball, lol! Awesome episode, obviously the juicy parts are being left for part 2, but it was a nice season opener none the less.

I liked getting to see the softer side of Ronan, as he visisted Weir while she was in the hospital bed etc.

There were a few things I was confused about though. I really thought the minute the shield contracted that those exposed areas would sort of break apart. At the very least if their plan to jump to hyperspace had suceeded then that would have torn the city appart but that didn't seem to be an issue until the power outputs had dropped too low.

I was surpised to see Sam in the new credits already, even though they advertised it like crazy that she was joining the show I thought they would at least still wait a couple episodes before putting her there. Anyways, it was great overall. 9/10

Comment

It was very good, there was a great deal to love about it.

-- Sheppard having to remind Rodney "Hey, I need to know what's going on."

-- "If you dumb this down any more I'm gonna hit you."

-- How every time they surmounted one hurdle, it was, "Colonel Sheppard and Dr. McKay, report to the control center, please."

-- John and Rodney confrontation then getting over it.

-- John learning about Elizabeth's condition.

-- Ronon saying thank you.

-- FX, the asteroid shoot-out, the micro-astroids.

-- Midway Station, very cool.

-- the ending, a heist!
                sigpic

Comment

It was definitely much better with music and sfx. Lifeline will be better, though. Can't wait!
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                    Ok you guys are on the ball, lol! Awesome episode, obviously the juicy parts are being left for part 2, but it was a nice season opener none the less.

I liked getting to see the softer side of Ronan, as he visisted Weir while she was in the hospital bed etc.

There were a few things I was confused about though. I really thought the minute the shield contracted that those exposed areas would sort of break apart. At the very least if their plan to jump to hyperspace had suceeded then that would have torn the city appart but that didn't seem to be an issue until the power outputs had dropped too low.
                    I don't think that would make much sense for a safety protocol. Contracting the shields and destroy the city? It was also shown in the first episode Atlantis as a whole was very robust to extreme conditions like the high pressures and conditions of the ocean.

Comment

One of the best season openers. The season is on it's way to being one of the best seasons to date.
                      sigpic

Comment

This was a good start to the new season.

It was wonderful to see Sheppard and McKay going a little deeper than the usual banter. McKay's apology was sweet. I got a real sense of their friendship and I liked that. I was a little disappointed that our first "John" from Rodney was thrown in as if he's been saying it the past four years. That was a bit of a missed opportunity...not to mention a cop-out on the part of the writers, if you ask me.
                        But I was still glad to see and feel the deepening friendship, so I forgive the writers for being big chickens this time.

Teyla and Ronon and Zelenka were all excellent, too. Maybe it's just me, but I got a feeling of more maturity in the dialogue, something more solid and real about it than in seasons past. Everyone was working together so smartly and so determinedly. It came across well. I hope the writers continue in that style, strengthening and deepening character bonds.

It was great to see Sam and I'm looking forward to having her in Atlantis. Good to see her prominently in the credits, where she belongs.

Comment

this season is getting good, but I hope they don't turn Weir evil, it has been done to often
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Definitely didn't live up to the hype they were promising. Predictable moves ... rehashed stories. No different outcome.

Hope Lifeline is better.
                            sig made by me

Comment

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Definitely like the new opening credits, even though they are similar to season 2/3.

The Rodney/Sheppard tension was nicely done.

Loved the asteroids part! Great CGI!

Zelenka getting hit by a mini-asteroid was something I didn't expect.

Ronon's scene with Weir was really good too.

Liked the Carter/Lee banter.

RepliWeir. 'Nuff said.

A heist! On the replicator homeworld! w00t!

lol wow, there are already 39 people viewing this thread.
                              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                              X