This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    According to TVGuide.com, ratings fell by 19% for last night's episode. Hmm. Wondering how long this show is going to stick around.
    Well that's to be expected I guess since last weeks was the pilot episode, so it makes sense that not as many people watched this weeks. But yeah I think I get what you mean.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

What's the general drop-off between a pilot and the next ep? Probably not that significant, but now I'm kinda curious.

Comment

This ep was much better than the pilot imo. Good to see something happen, and her join the team.
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Overall, I really enjoyed this second episode. I thought it had a decent storyline and pace to it. I'm still interested enough to tune in next week.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's a toss up for me. There were parts of the episode that I really enjoyed, and then there were other parts that took all my willpower to leave on (especially at the beginning of the episode). I'll chalk that up to it being a new show trying to figure out exactly where it wants to go. Hopefully within the next couple of episodes those "oh my goodness, why am i watching this" moments are drastically reduced.

One thing that bugged me a little though, Will dies from a gunshot wound to the shoulder? Honestly? After surviving the car accident it's a wound to the shoulder that gets him? I guess it's more than possible, it just seems I don't know just odd, I guess.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

If there's a whole episode between the pilot and this ep then technically anything could have happened- complications, another attack, undiagnosed (or kept secret) medical condition, poisoned bullets... Unfortunately NBC has opted not to show us the ep (yet) so it's hard to say.

Comment

Good point. At the same time though that raises so many more questions and issues for me. But I won't go there because for now I really want to go on liking this show ...

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by badabing View Post
                  okay since this is the show that actually aired as the second episode, i guess I will comment on this one now.

I thought this was a great show. I liked it much better then the first show. Thought the acting was better and the overall performance was much better then the first. I like the direction of this show right now.

Spoiler:
                  so let me ask you guys a question about something from this show. Those individuals that had occupied the town and were gassing everyone to death, who were they? A rogue organization? and did they suggest that there are many more organizations like the ones that made bionic woman?

something tells me, that they are hiding more then what we are led to believe. I think these guys are upto no good as well and using her for their eventual plan. looks like good shocking times ahead.
                  Yes, I enjoyed it better than last week's episode. I find the direction interesting as well ... and to answer your questions

Spoiler:
                  They mentioned "other groups", so I'm guessing another rogue organization. Possibly others using bionics? Interesting, and personally - I like this type of mystery / conspiracy in shows, if it's done well - and so far, so good.

The original BW - Sarah - didn't she mention something about someone tapped into her brain and made her do the things she did? Or was she just lying? hmmmm I definitely hope Sarah stays around for a while, and I hope they keep her as a villain and not someone being used against her will ... there's potential here.

And on some of the other comments - still haven't noticed the jerky camera movement (guess I've gotten used to it?) And did not notice the accent changing.

Spoiler:
                  And on the teenager found in the town - interesting theory that she's the carrier. I like that better than her just having a natural immunity.

The only thing that bothered me ... what was the timeline supposed to be from the time the news reported the city being quarantined to the time the teenager was found? I mean, it seemed like long enough (to me) for her to have walked outside, got breakfast, whatever, and noticed all the dead people and pets. And wouldn't a teenager be in school?

I'll still watch the show next week ... it's held my interest so far.

Comment

Something I found highly suspicious: the exact quote was that the survivor "probably has an immunity" to the stuff that was used. Probably?! I wouldn't leave something like that at "probably," I'd be testing to see if it's definite and if so, is there some kind of vaccine that can be developed. Dunno how much good it'd do since I think the gestation time was pretty quick, but still, I'd be wanting to know EXACTLY how and why the girl survived. Assuming she was telling the truth about her circumstances.

Comment

I couldn't remember the bf dying in the pilot, but I figured maybe it was because I saw the leaked ep or something. Did they really off him because of a shoulder wound? Weird.

This ep was a bit slow for my liking. I'm finding it hard to care about any of these characters and the dialog hasn't been stellar. I did like the BSG Exodus shout-out though (I recognized the music before seeing the scene on the TV, hee!).

Comment

Look at some of the earlier posts and a few of the other threads. Apparently they dropped what was supposed to be the second episode and showed this one, which would explain the bf's death.

And I agree with you about the pace of the show, so far it's been pretty slow and I don't see myself relating to any of the characters in any way.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

It was alright. I'm certainly not all excited about The Bionic Woman. I figure it's got one more episode to really grab me or I'll drop it without a second thought. It's not that I hate it or the concept, it's just not great. It's not bad.....and why wast time on just "not bad".

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                            Look at some of the earlier posts and a few of the other threads. Apparently they dropped what was supposed to be the second episode and showed this one, which would explain the bf's death.
                            So does that mean we're going to see an ep where the bf is walking around, no questions asked, and then dies?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              So does that mean we're going to see an ep where the bf is walking around, no questions asked, and then dies?
                              I should hope NBC isn't that screwed up. If there is a "lost" episode, maybe they'll work it in as flashbacks.

Comment

Well.

1. So these guys aren't government? Fine by me.

2. Interesting debut for Jamie. So Will's history, that explains a spoiler I was given from a US contact.

3. Liked the faster pace though.

4. Sarah having been hacked into? Meh, I can roll either way.

Overall this is starting to sound like something that's worth burning an hour for, even if it is a step down from BSG!
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X