This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    I might be showing my age, but I couldn't help but do comparisons to the original "Bionic Woman".
    Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the first one too...

Anyway, this new Bionic Woman looks like a "La Femme Nikita-Universal Soldier-Dark Angel" mix. I hate Jamie's sister, I love Sara and it is always a pleasure to see Miguel Ferrer; he's a great actor.

And the father of Jamie's boyfriend reminded me of Nick Nolte in the film version of "The Incredible Hulk".

But it was fun to watch, interesting enough without being THE great sci-fi show the world is waiting for.

Comment

As a *never missed an episode of the original* fan I was fairly impressed with this new BW.

I liked Michelle Ryan for the most part. However, I do hope they make her a bit more well rounded as time passes. I have to agree with the thought that she adjusted way to fast. My thought is that TPTB want us to think at times she just *goes into battle mode* and has less control than she lets on. Overall MR has an innocent quality that I think is needed for the character to stay likable.

I am a huge Katee Sackhoff fan so I may be a bias here. I thought Sarah Corvis was an excellent villain. I thought her lines were in keeping with a character that is majorly un-hinged but trying to appear sane *at times* I laughed at her lines o the roof. Because in reality...what else could she truly want from Jamie but to just kick her butt...so making the sarcastic remarks was sort of like *Hello Captain Obvious* and I loved the understated *Ta-Da*

If I had any issue with the episode it would be with the cinematography I got tired of all of the jerky movements and added SFX.

Also TPTB know the show is going to have commercials...so the way that NBC cut those in was some what abrupt..they need to work on that.

Next week looks to have more exposistion and back-story so it will be nice to learn more about every one. The pilot seemed more about just getting folks pumped up to see more. i think it worked for the most part.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
        Yeah, I'm old enough to remember the first one too...
        Do you think we'll see Steve Austin, Oscar Goldman or FemBots?

Anyway, this new Bionic Woman looks like a "La Femme Nikita-Universal Soldier-Dark Angel" mix. I hate Jamie's sister, I love Sara and it is always a pleasure to see Miguel Ferrer; he's a great actor.

And the father of Jamie's boyfriend reminded me of Nick Nolte in the film version of "The Incredible Hulk".

But it was fun to watch, interesting enough without being THE great sci-fi show the world is waiting for.
        Overall I agree - it was okay. Not the best and not the worst. I think that maybe if they had done a 2 hour premiere it would've helped a lot.

Comment

It was good, not the best but still fine.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            Do you think we'll see Steve Austin, Oscar Goldman or FemBots?

Overall I agree - it was okay. Not the best and not the worst. I think that maybe if they had done a 2 hour premiere it would've helped a lot.
            Ahhh...Steve, Oscar and Bots... Now we have cute-mad scientist-boyfriend, grouchy Miguel Ferrer and brat-little sister

And...you are right ! ( great minds think alike ) A two-hour premiere would have been great.

Comment

I missed the "leaked" version of the pilot so I knew nothing of the sister change until I read it here. Ah well...yet another stupid move by PTB listening to those "damn middle American test audiences"

Anyhoo on to what I thought (cause I know everyone is just dying to know). I enjoyed it. Yes, some of the dialog was bad, so bad it was funny.

Jaime - I liked her but then I enjoyed Michelle's character in the show Jekyll. Yeah, points of the show were forced and rushed, but that's what happens when those Hollyweird suits try to show a two hour pilot into an hour.

Sarah/Sara - not a fan of BSG so haven't seen much of what Katee can do, but I enjoyed her (but not most of the hairstyles) as the baddie. What is it with lame hairstyles that try to make the audience KNOW that this person is a baddie?

I like that Jaime is a bit feisty and in spite of not having a clue to what the "game" is she's about to start playing, she's not about to let them play by their rules (not that I really think she'll have that much control over that).

I did however keep wondering when Steve was going to show up.

I'll keep watching it until it gets worse (please dear gods don't let that happen) or the Hollyweird suits yank it (please dear gods don't let that happen either).
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I wasn't too sure if I would enjoy this show, but I thought I should give it a go. Saw the pilot today, and I have to say, so far it's looking quite alright. Not the best show I've ever seen, but I'll keep watching. I think it has potential to become a good show. Let's hope!

Comment

My burning question: do they do sound effects when she uses her bionics like they did in the original show?
                  It does sound worth giving a look.

Comment

jckfan - yes and no. There was a bit of sound, but it was not the "bionic" sound we grew up with. I like that they didn't go with that cheesy sound.

Spoiler:
                    They did show the leg muscles and the nannites working together as Jaime's speeded up. There was this scene shortly after Jaime "escaped" the Bionic lab that cracked me up. This mom and daughter were driving down the road and Jaime was running along side them in the woods. The little girl saw her and mentioned it to her mom. Mom (to busy on her hands free cell phone. ) mentioned to the little girl that she promised not to "make things up". The little girl commented that she thought it was cool that a girl could run super fast like that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      jckfan - yes and no. There was a bit of sound, but it was not the "bionic" sound we grew up with. I like that they didn't go with that cheesy sound.

Spoiler:
                      They did show the leg muscles and the nannites working together as Jaime's speeded up. There was this scene shortly after Jaime "escaped" the Bionic lab that cracked me up. This mom and daughter were driving down the road and Jaime was running along side them in the woods. The little girl saw her and mentioned it to her mom. Mom (to busy on her hands free cell phone. ) mentioned to the little girl that she promised not to "make things up". The little girl commented that she thought it was cool that a girl could run super fast like that.
                      I wouldn't have wanted that sound in this version either. I think the bionic usage was done very well overall.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                        If I had any issue with the episode it would be with the cinematography I got tired of all of the jerky movements and added SFX.
                        Why do TPTB feel the audience needs that herky-jerky camera all the time? Do they own stock in Motrin?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                          Why do TPTB feel the audience needs that herky-jerky camera all the time? Do they own stock in Motrin?
                          It's possible. The camera motion didn't bother me but then I kinda like those kinds of camera moves so long as they don't over do it.
                          sigpic

Comment

I hate the jerky camera movements because, A) it is so overdone these days and B) it means all those carefully coordinated fight sequences are a waste of time because no one can see WTF is happening.

Comment

Also if we could please have some light! My old eyes need help!

sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                I hate the jerky camera movements because, A) it is so overdone these days and B) it means all those carefully coordinated fight sequences are a waste of time because no one can see WTF is happening.
                                I agree. I was really having problems with that.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X