Four Months Later (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    The Irish accents sounded weird to me, but I figured it was just my untrained Yankee ear. Good to note that it isn't just me.
    Well one of the voices actually sounded English and the other two were maybe supposed to be from different parts of Ireland? I only thought one was truly awful and I can't put a face to the voice.... it was the one that sounded like a Leprechaun.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
      Well one of the voices actually sounded English and the other two were maybe supposed to be from different parts of Ireland?
      Yeah, that's what I wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
        Well one of the voices actually sounded English and the other two were maybe supposed to be from different parts of Ireland? I only thought one was truly awful and I can't put a face to the voice.... it was the one that sounded like a Leprechaun.
        well i assumed the other one was supposed to be english. sounded a bit dick van dyke to me, so not a great english accent either.

but yeah, the leprachaun was keating. the first guy had sort of a dublin accent, but maybe a little inconsistant. keatings was just... painful to listen to.

Comment

Decent ep, although the writing for Kensei was dire.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
            This is so perfect, its proof of my theory that Hiro was/is Takezo Kensei all along.
            How is it proof that Hiro is Kensei...?

Changes to the timeline only occur after Hiro has done so, so he isn't Kensei. Besides, Hiro interefered with the timeline by stopping the arrows. If he hadn't, Kensei would have killed the people and saved the day (as the stories told).

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
              Well, Peter has Claire's powers, so he's able to regenerate. Future Peter, on the other hand, didn't, so he had scars. :|
              Future Peter did have had Claire's power.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                How is it proof that Hiro is Kensei...?

Changes to the timeline only occur after Hiro has done so, so he isn't Kensei. Besides, Hiro interefered with the timeline by stopping the arrows. If he hadn't, Kensei would have killed the people and saved the day (as the stories told).
                It alone is not proof, it and the proof that a painting of takezo kensei is an asian man who has a chinlipbeard thing like future hiro.

Last edited by knowsfords; 30 September 2007, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                  It alone is not proof, it and the proof that a painting of takezo kensei is an asian man who has a chinlipbeard thing like future hiro.

Or perhaps Future Hiro grew a soul patch because Kensei had one in the pictures?

Anyways, that Kensei looks more like David Anders in the face than Masi Oka. I can't remember where, but in some interview where the writers were asked about Anders playing Kensei, they spoke about pictures of Kensei looking more like a white guy than a Japanese guy.

Besides,
                  Spoiler:
                  Kensei has the power of immortality and will probably show up in the current timeline, while Hiro's not going to stick around in the past, so even though Hiro may be the one who ends up defeating the dragon guy, Kensei is still Kensei.

And as I said before, the timeline only changes after Hiro does something, so he can't have already gone back and done stuff (unless the writers messed up).
                  Last edited by TheUnknown; 29 September 2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown View Post
                    Future Peter did have had Claire's power.
                    I hate to disagree, but he didn't. At least I'm 90% positive he didn't. I might have to watch s1 and "Five Years Gone" again. Future Peter never met Claire, because if he had met her and absorbed her power he wouldn't have the scar he got from Hiro's sword. I think the reason he was alive after he blew up in the future was because the power did not kill him, it just exploded from him, much like a volcano - the volcano is still intact after the explosion. Like Ted, who doesn't die after he lets out his power, Peter didn't die either. But slashing him did stop him, like shooting Ted stopped him.

Now considering that Future Claire seemed to know Nathan, he might have met Claire and then gleaned the power after the explosion, but I don't think he had the power during the initial bomb.

Anyhoos, I still so want for Hiro to bring Kensei to the future with him. Probably won't happen, but still David Anders is too cool not be on the show for the long run
                    banner by Stef

Comment

I caught a few episodes of S1 and was determined to try and watch this show in S2.

I'm *so* lost. I really need to get the S1 DVD's and catch up. That was Peter at the end (with no memory), right??

I did really like Hiro and his interaction with the Kensei. That was my favorite part. I couldn't place the actor playing Kensei - that was David Anders?

And I liked the blond cheerleader stuff - although I did find myself rolling my eyes when her new "friend" was flying around outside her window. I'm afraid this show may stretch my limits of buying into the fantasy element.

Still, I'm going to try and keep watching - if only for Hiro.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                        I hate to disagree, but he didn't. At least I'm 90% positive he didn't. I might have to watch s1 and "Five Years Gone" again. Future Peter never met Claire, because if he had met her and absorbed her power he wouldn't have the scar he got from Hiro's sword. I think the reason he was alive after he blew up in the future was because the power did not kill him, it just exploded from him, much like a volcano - the volcano is still intact after the explosion. Like Ted, who doesn't die after he lets out his power, Peter didn't die either. But slashing him did stop him, like shooting Ted stopped him.

Now considering that Future Claire seemed to know Nathan, he might have met Claire and then gleaned the power after the explosion, but I don't think he had the power during the initial bomb.

Anyhoos, I still so want for Hiro to bring Kensei to the future with him. Probably won't happen, but still David Anders is too cool not be on the show for the long run
                        He did have Claire's power. "Five Years Gone" is what would have happened had Peter exploded. Everything leading up to the point of Hiro's time jump happened the same as it did in the series' main timeline. Peter saved Claire (which is why she's still alive). He has her power, which is how he survived exploding (as explained by Angela Patrelli). The scar is a mystery, though, but one of my friends told me that he read that it will be explained this season.

Comment

Future Peter does have Claire's power. He doesn't use it on reflex like Claire does because it's one of his many powers, he has to choose to 'turn it on'. Peter may want to keep the scar, as a reminder. He may even be able to pick which parts of himself to heal.

The way i think time travel works in Heroes is presented in Future Hiro's work in Isaac's apartment ; there is no alternate universe and there's not one big timeline that gets replaced every time Hiro does something (which would create multiple versions of himself) but rather many different linking threads and big events. You can change the individual threads but overall big events remain the same (in Future Hiro's case, the world was the same as before, only when he returned Claire was still alive).

This helps explain that Ando seems to remember Hiro meeting Charli for the first time in October but the smaller threads that are affected do change (e.g. the photo from six months ago now has Hiro in it)

I'm not been very clear, so i'll try another approach. Time proceeds first normally (without any time travel) until it reaches the point where the traveller (Hiro) departs. If he goes forward, time goes on without Hiro, if he goes back, he appears in the past and time essentially happens again.

The first time we saw Hiro time travel, it was forward. He just vanished in October, everyone thought he'd disappeared, then he appeared in November and saw the Bomb explode for the first time. He and Ando hadn't gone on their quest, Ando was still in Japan.

Hiro jumped back to October, with Isaac's comic in hand. The second time around happens mostly offscreen ; Hiro and Ando go on their quest, they steal Kensei's sword but they fail to stop the Bomb. Future Hiro never appeared and they probably didn't even meet Peter til later (perhaps not til after the Bomb, possibly not meeting Charli either). Claire is killed by Sylar. At some point, Hiro stabs Sylar but Sylar regenerates. Ando is killed in the Bomb, which was Peter but the world (including Hiro) is lead to believe it was Sylar. Five years pass and Hiro becomes the Future Hiro we love and adore.

In 2012, Future Hiro departs for the past, certain that a meeting with Peter will change everything.

Future Hiro arrives in 2007, now occurring for the third time, as depicted in Season 1. He delivers the message to Peter and departs for 2012, vanishing into thin air. Things proceed up to about Episode 18, when Hiro and Ando vanish from Linderman's art collection into thin air. Now offscreen, 2007 continues. Despite the best efforts of Peter, Claire and co. (but without Hiro), the Bomb goes off.

In 2012, Hiro, Ando and Future Hiro arrive to discover nothing significant has changed, the world sucks and Hiro is still a wanted man although Claire is alive. Hijinks that is Five Years Gone occur, Future Hiro dies and Hiro and Ando depart for 2007.

Hiro and Ando arrive before the election, and those days occur for the fourth time, this time playing out as seen in the season finale.

Comment

Good explanation, although Sylar was the bomb in the original timeline.

Comment

Oh, that's a good explanation. I like it, it makes sense especially for this show. And thanks for correcting me on the power thing. I think it was mainly the scar that threw me off, but I hope it does get explained in this season.
                              banner by Stef

Comment

No worries, Isabelqc !

TheUnknown : i've heard that Sylar was originally the Bomb, i've seen people refer to some scene where Hiro stabs Sylar and Sylar regenerates and proceeds to explode. However, that's not in the tv series and i've *cough* acquired the comics but i saw no sign of this supposed scene in them either (maybe i just read them too quick).

I can see how that would make sense : if Sylar was the Bomb and Future Hiro changed things to kill Sylar, but then Peter got a burst of Sylar's powers and became Bomb potential. But there are also problems with it (why would Sylar blow up ?).

The fact that Future Peter was the Bomb is his great secret (the Petrelli's secret as well), even Future Niki didn't know it was Peter. So unless Future Hiro was at Ground Zero then we can't assume that Future Hiro necessarily knows the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X