X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - Multichannel News: Season 4: Focus on Character

From Multichannel News' TV Crush blog:

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/130...tml#1550014955

(Please follow the link for the complete blog article.)

Posted by Mary McNamara on September 25, 2007

Stargate Atlantis/Season 4: Focus on Character

With the flurry of broadcast net launches this week, and the cable summer season winding down, it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that cable still has some aces up the sleeve.

Season two of Showtime’s Dexter and Brotherhood takes off next Sunday night. And season four of SCI FI Channel’s Stargate Atlantis, sister series to Stargate SG-1, premieres this Friday at 10p.

This week we turn our attention to Stargate Atlantis. Later in the week I’ll post full transcripts of interviews with showrunner Joe Mallozzi (duties he shares with long-time writing partner Paul Mullie) and Amanda Tapping, Stargate SG-1’s Colonel Samantha Carter, who moves into position on the Atlantis team for the first time.

Both one-on-one's were conducted last July at Comic-Con.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6483728.html

Stargate’ Star Talks to Press Ahead of Season 4 Premiere

By Kent Gibbons -- Multichannel News, 9/26/2007 3:14:00 PM

Amanda Tapping’s happy her new show, Stargate Atlantis, has more female co-stars than her old show, Stargate SG-1. But she misses visiting other worlds and wielding a submachine gun.“I’m kind of lost without my P-90,” Tapping joked during a press call Wednesday to promote Atlantis’s fourth-season premiere Friday at 10 p.m. ET on Sci Fi Channel

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

Comment

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/130...html#900015090

excerpt from Joe Mallozzi, Showrunner, on Stargate Atlantis Season Four

MM: Have you had any indications from SCI FI about a season five.

Joe:?* They’re playing their cards pretty close to the vest.?* The back half of season three was disheartening.?* The ratings suffered.?* In all fairness, SCI FI, network, cable ratings all suffered [last April] across the board.?* There’s a correlation in drop of viewership and increased use of DVR, and I read if you factored in up to a full week of viewing we would recoup the audience lost.?* It seems they’re slow to adjust to the technology and incorporate those audiences into ratings.?* SCI FI is the most DVR’d channel.?* They're sci fi fans, they’re tech savvy.?* And the back half of season three – something I brought up -?* by the time it aired on SCI FI, it had premiered in Canada, the U.K., and on the Internet.?* All the spoilers were out.?* How much that affected the ratings, I don't know.

*READ REST OF ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE*

Comment

SGA - Multichannel News: Joe Mallozzi Interview:

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/130...html#900015090

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Joe Mallozzi, Showrunner, on Stargate Atlantis Season Four

Posted by Mary McNamara on September 27, 2007

Stargate Atlantis season four launches tomorrow night at 10 (9/C) on SCI FI Channel. This year, Colonel Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) takes command of the base and Jewel Staite (Firefly, Serenity) dons scrubs as the new doctor. Behind the scenes, executive producers Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie take over the showrunning duties for the first time.

Last July, at Comic-Con, I sat down with Joe Mallozzi to discuss the new season and the trajectory of season four. Here’s the transcript of our chat.

Warning: spoilers. Level: minor.

MM: This is your first year as showrunner on Atlantis, right?

Joe: Yes, it is.

MM: Every showrunner brings their own stamp to a show. I’m wondering - what would you like to bring to Atlantis.

Joe: Everything that Atlantis is we owe to Brad [Wright] and Robert [Cooper]. They’re the creators. They've sheparded the show for three years. Martin Gero has done more episodes than anyone. Carl Binder is such a good writer.

When Paul [Mullie] and I came in, we looked at the show and thought: we've done three seasons. We got an early pick up. We don't have to produce 40 episodes of television. So we have the time to concentrate on aspects of the show that we never had the opportunity to focus on. The first couple of seasons really were set up. The third season things began to gel.

**massive snippity doo-dah**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Multichannel News: Amanda Tapping in Command:

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/130...tml#1380015138

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

TV CRUSH

by Mary McNamara

Posted by Mary McNamara on September 28, 2007

Amanda Tapping, Stargate SG-1’s Colonel Samantha Carter, moves into position as commander of the Stargate Atlantis base this season. Tapping’s fans will tag along, hopefully, enriching SCI FI Channel's Atlantis with viewers from the now cancelled SG-1 who never quite transitioned to the sister series.

The fourth season of Atlantis premieres tonight on SCI FI at 10p E/9p C.

Last July, I caught up with Tapping at the SCI FI Channel Comic-Con bash. We stood near the crowded, rooftop bar of the Hotel Solamar and chatted about her new position on the cast of Atlantis and her on-line virtual experiment - a sci-fi drama called Sanctuary.

Long-time Stargate producer/director and Sanctuary co-creator Martin Wood was nearby, so he joined in the conversation for a minute or two.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
          X