20th Anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20th Anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation

This Friday, September 28th 2007 is the 20th Anniversary of Encounter at Farpoint. I thought it deserved it's own thread.
    I didn't start watching until the 4th season I was so young. I was hooked right away and every day at 7:00pm I would tune in for reruns, which where still brand new to me. I don't know why I was hooked, I still can't explain me attraction to scifi. I always go ga ga over new tech, real or imagined. But I know this, I was born in the wrong century, about 400 years too early.

It is indeed! *cough* Check my sig. I'm watching reruns on BBC2 at the minute. Good times again.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I think TNG was one of the only shows I watched when I was little. I even had an Enterprise made out of Legos.
      sigpic

Comment

I made Romulan warbirds and Vor'cha class cruisers

Comment

I was reading something on the EW website (yes, I know they're the evil empire because they didn't recognize Stargate on their best of sci fi list, but still) re the 20th anniversary. Apparently Gene was not initally sold on Patrick Stewart as Picard. He didn't want a 40ish, bald guy as his captain. LOL. I guess he was won over in the end, but they did want Stewart to wear a toupee at first. Now that would have been a sight to behold.
          sigpic

Comment

Heh wow I can't believe I just missed this, but yes, TNG will always have a special place in my heart.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I watched TNG when I was practically first born lol

My mother would put me in the high chair and feed me while she had TNG on so that way I would learn to love it

very shortly after that, she bought me action figures of the TNG cast and bought me the USS Enterprise-D that was made by Hasbro. She even bought me a poster of the main characters (after Season 2 or 3)

She bought me plates with Star Trek characters on them and she even made me memorize the TNG cast's Actor Names and Character Names

Now I have the mid DS9 Uniforms and signed autographs of Marina Siritis, George Takei and Avery Brooks.

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

Wow, your mom is awesome.
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze
                  But I know this, I was born in the wrong century, about 400 years too early.
                  yeah me too

thing is I'd probably feel the same even 400 years from now :|

Comment

Ahhh, the memories. I was 6 years old when it first came on I vaguely remember seeing the pilot. I definitely remember watching BoBW part I. After it was over I was scared crapless and saying how I'd grab my baseball bat and rip them a new one if they ever came to Earth LOL! I also remember the commercial for the last episode that had a piano version of the theme song, made me sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X