This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race to Mars

This looks fantastic- a four hour Canadian miniseries with the first two hours airing on the Discovery Channel tomorrow night, written by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens of Star Trek: Enterprise.

Based on contemporary, international research, the Race to Mars mini-series is a key element in this groundbreaking multi-platform television and interactive event that tells the story of the first human mission to the planet Mars. This unprecedented project includes the ambitious miniseries and a six-hour companion documentary series, Mars Rising. The broadcast event will be complemented by an extensive multi-platform Mars Interactive created by QuickPlay Media, and the lushly-illustrated Race to Mars book by Barrons and Madison Press. With a combined budget of approximately CDN $20-million, this original Canadian endeavour is the most expensive science television project in production this year worldwide.
    Hypaspace weekly this week and next are also running some features on it.

Discovery channel website:
    http://racetomars.ca/mars/index.jsp

Sounds Great.
    sigpic

Comment

is this some sort dramatisation documentry?
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah it soun-'Enterprise'?!

...*slowly backs out of thread**loud running footsteps echo outside and get quieter as < runs as fast as he can*
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          is this some sort dramatisation documentry?
          No, it's not done documentary style- it's just a straight on dramatisation- the production values are fantastic, it feels very realistic, very much focused on what it takes for human beings to get there- the psycological effects, risk of injury, on-the-spot decision making, technical problems that may arise, etc. Part I was really neat to watch, I'm looking forward to next week.

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
          Yeah it soun-'Enterprise'?!

...*slowly backs out of thread**loud running footsteps echo outside and get quieter as < runs as fast as he can*
          They were Enterprise season four writers- they wrote "Terra Prime", the real Enterprise finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            No, it's not done documentary style- it's just a straight on dramatisation- the production values are fantastic, it feels very realistic, very much focused on what it takes for human beings to get there- the psycological effects, risk of injury, on-the-spot decision making, technical problems that may arise, etc. Part I was really neat to watch, I'm looking forward to next week.

They were Enterprise season four writers- they wrote "Terra Prime", the real Enterprise finale.
            it sounds rather like something the BBC did about 2 years ago then.
            i think that was more focused on speculative technologies though.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

I don't get any of the fancy stations so hopefully one of the lowly Canadian stations will air it! Especially since I keep seeing commericals for it and it looks fantastic!
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                I don't get any of the fancy stations so hopefully one of the lowly Canadian stations will air it! Especially since I keep seeing commericals for it and it looks fantastic!
                That would be great! I don't know if Discovery Channel is part of a group of channels, like SPACE is with A Channel and City TV, buttt.....if they are.....I'd say chances of a basic channel getting it are good- there isn't much in the way of all-Canadian programming on this scale available, one would think it would get a lot of repeats.

Comment

Working...
                X