This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gate address for Atlantis

When Atlantis lands on a new planet will it have a new gate address and if so do you think it will be mentioned.

Of course it will have a new gate address. Gate's addresses are calculated based upon its position in space.

Comment

watch the new season whenever they dial back to Atlantis note the symbols pressed and their order. nice and easy!
      The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

IMHO they would have to have a new address since the coordinates of the planet will be different from that of the old planet. I wouldn't be suprised if they don't even mention that for at least a little while. I'd also like to see them explain how they figured out what the new address would be.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

if the planet can be labelled e.g m7g-627 then is theoretically hold a stargate, the way i remember it being told was only one per star system but hey it's all good
          The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Only one Stargate can be activated on/in orbit of a planet @ any one time; & the one with DHD access (in this case I assume Atlantis itself) would orride the other, unless the other Stargate can open an incomming wormhole before the current one can establish a connection.

I assume the gate address would be the same for Altantis as normal (provided the world they are moving to does not have a Stargate on/in obrit around it already ); althou I assume IMHO we will see evidence of this if needs bein S4.

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
              if the planet can be labelled e.g m7g-627 then is theoretically hold a stargate, the way i remember it being told was only one per star system but hey it's all good
              My guess is that planet either had a Stargate at one point and no longer does(mabey harvested for the gate bridge) or it never did but the Ancients still calculated it's posisiton or it still does mabey a space gate. Mabey they calculated it as an Alternate landing site or a planet that they intended on putting a gate on. Actually a planet can have more than one gate on it (Earth did) but only one can be active at once and as far as I know more than one planet in a system can have a gate, could be wrong though.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The planet that Atlantis was going to was 'off the grid' and had no gate, but it had a MXXXXX designation. The M/PXXXX are a binary representation of the planet in space if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                  I assume the gate address would be the same for Altantis as normal (provided the world they are moving to does not have a Stargate on/in obrit around it already ); althou I assume IMHO we will see evidence of this if needs bein S4.
                  The gate address is not unique to a gate. It's unique to a point in space. Which is why gate addresses change over time and why they had to recalculate old addresses early on in Sg-1 to find out where in space they currently were so they could input the new address. So, Atlantis certainly would have a new gate address on a new planet regardless of anything.

Comment

Could be a planet they harvested a space gate from for the intergalactic bridge. Would explain why they know its location, enviroment, that its not inhabited and dosent have a stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Could be a planet they harvested a space gate from for the intergalactic bridge. Would explain why they know its location, enviroment, that its not inhabited and dosent have a stargate.
                      Or it does have a gate and they will simply have to relocate that gate mabey to create a new alpha site.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

There doesn't really have to have been a gate or a mention in the Ancient database for it to make sense. Look at how well the Daedalus was able to view the Asuran homeworld with their sensors from such a distance. It would make sense that during all the time it spent in the Pegasus galaxy it collected a lot of data as it flew it around. On top of things the new planet is supposedly fairly close to Atlantis' old homeworld so their Asgard sensors probably could've viewed it up while it was docked or in orbit over Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                        X