This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region 1 & 2 DVD Comparison

I was having some general wonderments whether anyone could tell me the differences between the contents of the region 1 BSG DVDs for the miniseries, season 1 and season 2 with the same DVDs for region 2. I have all of the region 2 DVDs, but I was under the impression region 1 just seem to have more special features! I am a BSG nut, and I would like to have a complete set of what is out right now, including the documentaries that have been collected on the DVDs, so detailed info would be valued!

Thank you, Matt

Well, we've got the miniseries on our season one set- which I don't think R2 got. So that makes the miniseries DVD redundnat for us, though it's still available.

Comment

The "miniseries" DVD has specials that are not on the first season DVD through.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
        The "miniseries" DVD has specials that are not on the first season DVD through.
        Really? Had no idea.....anything particularly exciting?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicket View Post
          I was having some general wonderments whether anyone could tell me the differences between the contents of the region 1 BSG DVDs for the miniseries, season 1 and season 2 with the same DVDs for region 2. I have all of the region 2 DVDs, but I was under the impression region 1 just seem to have more special features! I am a BSG nut, and I would like to have a complete set of what is out right now, including the documentaries that have been collected on the DVDs, so detailed info would be valued!

Thank you, Matt
          i just got my 3rd season DVD copy (R2). I couldn´t keep on waiting. Just an extra has been added: "The story so far" is a 42 min long narration in which Laura Roslin tells us what´s happened so far. No more extras.

R1 sets have been better than R2 so far. My advice for you is to wait for a detailed description of R1 DVDs before buying.

I hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Really? Had no idea.....anything particularly exciting?
            just a bunch of interviews
            season 1 and 2 just have loads and loads of deleted scenes as extras (40mins worth for season 1, 1h worth for season 2, but not anything more than that.
            havent got season 3 dvd yet, (will probably arrive in next couple of days)
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              just a bunch of interviews
              season 1 and 2 just have loads and loads of deleted scenes as extras (40mins worth for season 1, 1h worth for season 2, but not anything more than that.
              havent got season 3 dvd yet, (will probably arrive in next couple of days)
              2.5 also has David Eick's video blog, and both seasons one and 2.5 have the R&D logos.

Comment

we didn't get any blogs or stuff like that for season 2.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Looks like I'll be needing to buy these...

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
                    i just got my 3rd season DVD copy (R2). I couldn´t keep on waiting. Just an extra has been added: "The story so far" is a 42 min long narration in which Laura Roslin tells us what´s happened so far. No more extras.

R1 sets have been better than R2 so far. My advice for you is to wait for a detailed description of R1 DVDs before buying.

I hope it helps.
                    Really? Not even the 10 webisodes that we Europeans had
                    to watch over YouTube? That's just awful.

Comment

Working...
                    X