Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis/SG1 - MGM Stargate site: Team Stargate - US & Canada Only!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis/SG1 - MGM Stargate site: Team Stargate - US & Canada Only!

From the MGM Stargate site:

http://stargate.mgm.com/teamstargate/

TEAM STARGATE.

COMPLETE THE MISSION. GET THE GOODS.

Join Team Stargate today.

NOTE: There appears to be some error in the format coding on the web page. I've sent an e-mail to the webmaster, advising that several "radio" buttons are not showing up (at least, not on my computer), including the birth year and gender buttons. And without the year of birth, the site can't register you.

Participation on Team Stargate is open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have attained the age of majority.

Help MGM promote your favorite show across cyber space and you could receive cool Stargate collectibles or other rewards by completing assignments set forth in the Team Stargate mission letters, submitting completed reports and following the Team Stargate Terms and Conditions.

http://stargate.mgm.com/teamstargate/official_rules.php

See Details:

http://stargate.mgm.com/teamstargate/#details

How it Works:

Sign-up [at the site] to join Team Stargate.

MGM will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit on your registration form confirming that you have joined Team Stargate.
    Thereafter, MGM will periodically send you the official Team Stargate mission letter. The mission letter will include a variety of features, discussions, topics and inside information about Stargate and various other Stargate promotions, including information and instructions for you to spread the word in cyberspace about the show we all love. You must sign your posts as an "Official Team Stargate member"

Thereafter, we will ask you to summarize your post for that week in a written report so we can see what you did and what's going on out there. Don't worry it's easy, we'll tell you what to post and provide you with the recap report template on this site.

Please remember that when performing services as a Team Stargate member, it is not only important but mandatory that you conduct yourself in a first class manner befitting a Stargate Command Officer and follow the Team Stargate Terms and Conditions.

If you post the Stargate content from 10 different newsletters on at least 10 web sites, sign your posts as an "Official Team Stargate member" and submit valid, complete reports for each of those posts (i.e. 10 total) within the applicable deadlines, we will send you a piece of Stargate memorabilia (some of which may be autographed by Stargate cast and crew members) or other cool items selected by MGM in our sole discretion. Such items may include:

Stargate t-shirts • hats • scripts • books • authentic costumes • authentic set props • magazines • posters • photos • DVDs • iPods • Apple TVs • iTunes electronic vouchers to download Stargate Season 4 and MGM movies

SGC RANK STRUCTURE

General 250
    Colonel 200-249
    Lt. Colonel 150-199
    Major 100-149
    Captain 50-99
    1st Lt. 1-49

Based on total user posts

With each mission accomplished, Team Stargate members' posts will be automatically added up to determine their Stargate Command Rank. Only posts completed within the mission deadline will count toward Team Stargate members' promotions. As you rank your nickname will be posted in the rank structure section. Prove your loyalty to Stargate Command and try to out rank the competition!
    Last edited by morjana; 18 September 2007, 09:02 PM. Reason: added the graphic and the note

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    From the MGM Stargate site:

NOTE: There appears to be some error in the format coding on the web page. I've sent an e-mail to the webmaster, advising that several "radio" buttons are not showing up (at least, not on my computer), including the birth year and gender buttons. And without the year of birth, the site can't register you.
    Update: I was using Internet Exploder. I opened Netscape and violin! There was the entry form!:

TEAM STARGATE

COMPLETE THE MISSION - GET THE GOODS!

Thank you for joining Team Stargate! You will receive your welcome email shortly and first mission briefing will arrive within the next week!

Woo-hoo!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Coment purely on MGM's motives...

They're actually enticing fans to spam the internet and do their PR work for them

(3. Team Stargate Overview. Once you register to become a Team Stargate member by completing and submitting the registration form and completing and satisfying any additional requirements or verification procedures of MGM, MGM will send you the periodic official Team Stargate e-mail newsletter to the e-mail address you provide on your Team Stargate registration form. The newsletter will contain specific information about Stargate, including information and instructions for you to spread the word about Stargate. The information about Stargate may include a variety of features, discussion topics, inside information and other content relating to Stargate (the "Stargate Content"), such as tune into Stargate this week for a special guest appearance; check out the Stargate web site for a cool new sweepstakes; tell us who is your favorite Stargate character and why; or other fan discussion topics. The newsletter may direct you to post the Stargate Content on other science fiction, horror, TV and film web sites, forums, blogs, or other web sites ("Third Party Sites") for that week. )

They should really give David Hewlett a percentage of the profits as he was the first one to utilize the fans to help get the word out on A Dog's Breakfast(who willingly did it for the fun)

Comment

It is just annoying that only US and Canada can join.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Coment purely on MGM's motives...

They're actually enticing fans to spam the internet and do their PR work for them
          Indeed. For free, no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Isto View Post
            It is just annoying that only US and Canada can join.
            WEll, I suspect there's enough slave labor overseas they don't want anymore... Lawyers no doubt make the decisions on who can participate.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Indeed. For free, no less.
            Yup. And don't have to pay health benefits either! Talk about a bargain for MGM. It'll only be truly beneficial if MGM stipulates the folks to not linger on fan SG sites as that's like preaching to the choir. Gotta suck in more viewers
            Last edited by prion; 19 September 2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Not old enough...oh well.
              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Anyone else from Canada unable to select their province? I want to put in BC, but it keeps giving me only US states and won't take nothing for an answer! I guess I could put in WA since it's across the border, but that just seems stupid and confusing to me.

I'm using Firefox btw.

Comment

I'm definitely going to have to check this out.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have just joined, and will report on what MGM sends.
                    Joanne

Comment

I must echo the sentiment that it is a shame that only US & Canada residents can join. The entity of the internet knows no borders, residents of other countries are just as capable of promoting Stargate for US & Canadian residents as any one else.
                      While US & Canadian viewing figures are the most important to MGM/Skiffy, the viewing figures in other countries still play a major part in the salability of the franchise. They've got millions of foreign viewers they could be exploiting and they're missing a trick.

Dammit, I wanna be exploited!!!!!

If anyone has/knows of an S4 promotional banner, could you please let me know and I will put it in the signature of every forum I visit. I think its time for my Asgard memorial banner to be retired...

Comment

Well, the fact is it's really nothing more than a gimmick. The restrictions are because international law has some kind or boycott on providing items to other countries through things like competitions, and that's really all this is.

I'm sorry if I'm belittling MGM with my remarks, but if there weren't any prizes I'd bet anything it would be open to everyone.
                        "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                        ==============================================================
                        Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                        Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                          Not old enough...oh well.
                          Yup, they want to be able to legally go after folk who might screw things up

Originally posted by Ancient 61 View Post
                          I have just joined, and will report on what MGM sends.
                          Joanne
                          You and dozens others. We'll probaby get buried under "Team Stargate" posts now, and if six people post the same thing on the same board, do they all get 'points'?

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                          I must echo the sentiment that it is a shame that only US & Canada residents can join. The entity of the internet knows no borders, residents of other countries are just as capable of promoting Stargate for US & Canadian residents as any one else.
                          While US & Canadian viewing figures are the most important to MGM/Skiffy, the viewing figures in other countries still play a major part in the salability of the franchise. They've got millions of foreign viewers they could be exploiting and they're missing a trick.

Dammit, I wanna be exploited!!!!!

If anyone has/knows of an S4 promotional banner, could you please let me know and I will put it in the signature of every forum I visit. I think its time for my Asgard memorial banner to be retired...
                          Just take the one off the www.mgm.com/stargate site and chop it in half. that's what others have done.

Originally posted by Tiletron View Post
                          Well, the fact is it's really nothing more than a gimmick. The restrictions are because international law has some kind or boycott on providing items to other countries through things like competitions, and that's really all this is.

I'm sorry if I'm belittling MGM with my remarks, but if there weren't any prizes I'd bet anything it would be open to everyone.
                          Yup, definitely a marketing gimmick which will cost them little. You're not belittling MGM. You're stating fact. If they weren't offering prizes, the signup wouldn't be worth the time and effort to even tweak their site. Once that prize thing comes into play, people will join just to get whatever trinkets MGM decides to bestow upon the person who spends the most time on the web spamming lists, web sites, etc. for the greater glory of Stargate! oops, sorry, seen too many Ori episodes.... hmm, will they assign you Ori ranks the more you post?

Yup, restrictions on who can do it are strictly legal things. I'm really surprsied they let Canadians in on this considering how many times they can't enter contests, but then this isn't a contest but asking fans to do the PR department's work

maybe Darren should establish ONE thread to accommodate anything that comes down the pike from this contest, to avoid multiple posts all over the board.

Comment

I just joined. This should be amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              They should really give David Hewlett a percentage of the profits as he was the first one to utilize the fans to help get the word out on A Dog's Breakfast(who willingly did it for the fun)
                              I did it for the love. Heh.

Stargate has been on for years. And MGM just now decides to include the fans. Only after David showed them the response he got for his movie (and it isn't even scifi!) that they decided to go with this Team Stargate stuff. I know bands have been doing this kind of marketing for years.

You go, David!

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                              X