Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, I always thought there was something deeply meaningful in Jack's "Neopolianic Powermonger" comments to Janet

Speaking of, her quoting her exhusband in Hathor has to be my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
      So I've found a quick way to get to sleep on the couch . . .

Last night I caught "Family" and of course this sort of reminded me of "Threshold" with the interactions between Teal'c and his wife. So I thought it'd be funny to try and talk like Teal'c to my wife.

"Speak no more of this woman"
      "Silence woman"
      "I will never again look upon you"
      "Do as I say woman"

. . . I've discovered that the couch can be quite comfortable, glad I went with overstuffed leather . . .

ROFLOL!!!
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

*slaps forehead*

My husband wouldn't be on the couch, (if I had one.... maybe in ten years ) he'd be out the door, after I proved my dominance

My Own Little World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
        "Be nice to nerds;
        one day, you'll end up working for one."
        -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
        Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
        Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

how does all this work exactly? men are stronger than women. if your wife wants you on the couch and you want to stay in bed with her how can she force you? does she then go sleep on the couch?

what happened to the days when suitors negotiatied for their wives by giving horses, goats and sheep and other trinkets and got a dowry with the wifey?

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
            how does all this work exactly? men are stronger than women. if your wife wants you on the couch and you want to stay in bed with her how can she force you? does she then go sleep on the couch?

what happened to the days when suitors negotiatied for their wives by giving horses, goats and sheep and other trinkets and got a dowry with the wifey?
            Men may be physically stronger, but emotions count for a lot. As does the general atmosphere in a relationship.
            By not sleeping on the couch he'd probably get himself into more trouble.
            And yes, if a man didn't move to the couch, a woman would probably go there. The idea being that she can't stand to be in the same bed as the man she's arguing with.

And I sincerely hope that the second half of your post is joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
              Men may be physically stronger, but emotions count for a lot. As does the general atmosphere in a relationship.
              By not sleeping on the couch he'd probably get himself into more trouble.
              And yes, if a man didn't move to the couch, a woman would probably go there. The idea being that she can't stand to be in the same bed as the man she's arguing with.

And I sincerely hope that the second half of your post is joking.

actually there are still living cultures in the world today that do that somewhere........where's my national geographic magazine.........

Comment

I think those days went out of fashion, along with the days when men wore powdered wigs, stockings, high-heels, and generally looking like this. That being said, I am sure some men still choose to dress like that nowadays.
                In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                  Does that mean you wound up on the floor?
                  Neah, back to the bed, I supposse...
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

I think those days went out of fashion, along with the days when men wore powdered wigs, stockings, high-heels, and generally looking like this. That being said, I am sure some men still choose to dress like that nowadays.
                    not so. some cultures in africa and asia still practice the custom

Comment

not so. some cultures in africa and asia still practice the custom
                      Like I said, some men still wear stockings and high heels.

I think this way OT, though.
                      In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

To get back on topic.
                        Dive on the couch, that's the quickest way to get there.

My parents won't be happen, but I don't care.
                        It's not my couch anyway.
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

My couch is in fact a sofa bed, so i'd end up in bed whereever i slept. having said that, i live alone, so the entire house is mine, to sleep whereever i choose.

and if any man started the jaffa thing with me, i'd immediatly reply with 'kneel before your goddess, unworthy shol'va, and prove your loyalty!'. surprising how many times that works....
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

All this being true there is of course the huge fact that I love her deeply. Also since we are about a week away from having our first daughter I actually end up sleeping a different place almost nightly. Just whatever it takes to make sure she is comfortable.

She enjoyed the joke, I just picked a bad time!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              My couch is in fact a sofa bed, so i'd end up in bed whereever i slept. having said that, i live alone, so the entire house is mine, to sleep whereever i choose.

and if any man started the jaffa thing with me, i'd immediatly reply with 'kneel before your goddess, unworthy shol'va, and prove your loyalty!'. surprising how many times that works....
                              Either that was waaaaay to much info, or a tip. Thanks, Michelle.

My Own Little World

101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
                              "Be nice to nerds;
                              one day, you'll end up working for one."
                              -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
                              Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
                              Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

Silly Rabbit! You have obviously never been married....
                                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                                which the intellect scorns."
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X