This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOOTBALL/SOCCER thread

I thought id create this just for everyone to talk about their club, what they think their club can accomplish in this season or the next or the next.

Also international football, like the world cup and how they think their country will fair in 2008

well just write anything you want im sure you will
    DR.RYO

Why does Rooney always have a broken foot?! I swear every time I see Man Utd playing Rooney's off with another broken foot You'd have thought it'd be the world strongest foot by now but nope, seems to be getting more brittle every time he breaks it

I usually only watch the international football teams, dont keep up with the FA cup but whenever I look at Man Utd's progress Rooney has a broken foot Man Utd's also going waaay down in the league tables, wtf happened to them?!! They used to be the best!!

I cant wait till next year, World Cup's coming!!! *sings* Footballs coming hoooooome...

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

yeah i know what you mean, althought being a middlesbrough fan makes it a good thing for me the more man u lose the better we look lol, as far as the league goes this season i said t before the start and ill say it again liverpool will win the league

england dont stand a chance of winning the world cup and we will be lucky if we qualify...there is a reason boro wanted rid of mclaren to england...now the world knows why lol

i dont actually have any idea who wil win the world cup
      DR.RYO

Comment

I hope we reach the semi-finals atleast, England needs to change its strategy. It has the annoying habit of playing as a one-man team (and Rooney being the that man). That match during the EuroCup when Rooney and someone else had to go off and we ended up playing with 10 players we played really well and that was because we played as a team for once! England does have a chance of winning, it just needs a captain who can realise what they're doing wrong!

sigpic

Comment

you mean if england play like they did against israel, heskey played well and owen scored...with owen getting back on form we should stand a chance but then you got ot think about brazil, argentinia, france, germany and so on they all have good teams and play really well together where as england has lots of individual talent and dont play well together
          DR.RYO

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ryo View Post
            you mean if england play like they did against israel, heskey played well and owen scored...with owen getting back on form we should stand a chance but then you got ot think about brazil, argentinia, france, germany and so on they all have good teams and play really well together where as england has lots of individual talent and dont play well together
            When England learns to play as a team we'll stand a decent chance of making it to the finals (or even semi-finals). Well however they play I'm always 100% behind them!

sigpic

Comment

I'm a pro soccer player! I loves the soccer!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                I'm a pro soccer player! I loves the soccer!!!!!!!!!!
                its football not soccer!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
                  AH! Sorry. *Feels shame*

I am a pro football player! I love the football!

Comment

Have improved dramatically since Vogts left. Not likely to qualify from a group featuring France, Italy and Ukraine, but a 3rd or 4th place finish wouldn't be a disaster as we have proved that we can compete again.

Club: Newcastle United
                    Wasn't sure about the recent Mike Ashley takeover that has seen Chris Mort installed at the head of the club. Prior to that the appointment of Big Sam was essential as it got rid of Roeder and much of the deadwood in the squad. Summer dealings have been typical of Allardyce. Wheeling and dealing as he brought in unfamiliar players, free transfers and unsettled stars from elsewhere. Effectively we have bought a whole new defense in Rozehnal, Cacapa, Beye and Enrique, which I would hope should see us stop leaking so many goals. Sam also seems to get the best out of players and in the few games I've seen already this year (season ticket holder, so both the home games and the away game at Boro), certain individuals who were shockingly poor last season have sprung to life and started earning their wages. Although we are undefeated so far, I like to remain realistic and a top 8 finish would be our target. Getting into Europe would be grand but I think it'll take time to develop a system and find the right players to build anything better.

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
                      AH! Sorry. *Feels shame*

I am a pro football player! I love the football!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iLemon View Post
                        it's soccer in the USA. Football is different sport there
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Juventus will league and my local team longford town will avoid relagation and win the fai cup europe here we come again
                          sigpic

Comment

bliv, scotland, newcatle united supporter...i know you probably wont agree with this but, boro did deserve to win that game for most of it, not to take anything away from newcastle because they did play well but, the chants towards mido where shocking and shouldnt of happened and then just because he tells the fans to shush he gets a yellow card its a bit off an di dont agree with it

as the top 8 finish gos yeah newcastle could do it not a problem but i think it will be shock when the boro are above you
                            DR.RYO

Comment

I was at that game. I'm shocked at how the media and Jeff Winter in particular are condeming every Newcastle supporter. It was clearly a minority and most likely the Toon Ultra 'kids' that gather up in Level 7 for home games. We don't travel with supporters buses but in cars on our own. As our buses past us on the walk to the ground we were subject to a barrage of abuse from teenagers that were part of our own support because we weren't visibly wearing Newcastle shirts. You have to know where to draw the line and unfortunately some of our own haven't learned that yet and that brings shame down on the rest of us. There have been several reported incidents at our home games, including complaints from our own fans, that suggest this 'Ultras' group are creating more hassle than atmosphere at matches.

Mido might find it tough in the Premiership this season as he'll be playing most games. I think fans have become aware of his temperment and the fact that if you get on his back alot then he could react. I can understand the frustrations of Gareth Southgate and Mido, but you have to remember that the camera is on the players constantly and not the crowd. No matter what fans think (Spurs & Sunderland are going to be worse, I can assure you), he'll have to stay calm and professional and try not to react.

I don't know if I can agree that Boro deserved to win the game. I always feel that if a teams conceeds 2 goals then they are worth a draw at most. You had longer spells of possession and better chances to put the game to bed. Our formation isn't attacking enough and from the few chances we had we were lucky enough to find the back of the net. We need to sort ourselves out and create more chances like we did against Wigan at home and Bolton away or else we could find the goals drying up again.

I've no idea where your lot will finish. Has you squad really improved over the summer? I know you got Mido & Tuncay in but at the same time lost out on Viduka and Yakubu. I thought Southgate may have been able to attract one big name or at least another quality player in to boost your squad a little but he seems intent on trying to go with youth?

Comment

Working...
                              X