This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could ascend would you?

this poll is for looking into the spiritual relationship of Stargate so what do you think
    Yes, I would dedicate my life to being a good Ancient Being
    43.66%
    Yes, but only if it was offered to me by another Ascended Ancient
    26.76%
    No, even if it was offered to me by Oma herself
    19.72%
    Other (please state)
    9.86%
    I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
    "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Lets see, ascending means immortality, cool glowy effects and the power to control the forces of nature. And if you get bored theres always the option of descending again.

The cool glowy effects are enough of a reason for me, ascend me!

Comment

no point(except staving off certain death), not allowed to do anything
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

I would! Yeah! Cause you learn the knowloge of the universe! And most of what Pharaoh Hamenthotep said.

Comment

yes! right now? no. i'd wait until things get icky (or *i* get icky), then i'd go glowy.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

beam me up oma

Comment

If given the option, i would NOT ascend, whats the point in getting all the powers etc... and not being able to use them for anything useful, and as for the ancient knowledge, well that all goes away if you ever get descended so whats the point, so it means you might have more than one life, i just wouldn't do it, besides i doubt i'm spirtual enough in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
                If given the option, i would NOT ascend, whats the point in getting all the powers etc... and not being able to use them for anything useful, and as for the ancient knowledge, well that all goes away if you ever get descended so whats the point, so it means you might have more than one life, i just wouldn't do it, besides i doubt i'm spirtual enough in the first place!
                you know, when this question was first asked, i didn't think of the 'getting powers' aspect of it. i just like the idea of traveling around anywhere at anytime and seeing anyone.

of course, i'd prob be kicked out of the glow club anyways for doing improper things. (thou shalt not spy on ppl having sex!)

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I would, but not immediately right? But living on and watching loved ones die must be hard, i probably would be an Oma to them, and get kicked out.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Oh yes.
                    And ones i did, i would have started a War on the Ascended Ancients. Ascending is a gift, not a privilage. Thouse AA folks are indirectly responsibbel for slaughtering the life of billions of intelligent life forms. They had a power to save them all along, and yet they did nothing.
                    Specially the whole Wraith accident. Billions of Humans payed the prise for the mistakes of the Ancients. And what did they did? They fleed from the battle dooming whole civilizations to there end and ascended.

Oh yes, i would have deffinatly began a war on the Ascended Ancients.
                    Who's with me?
                    We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Yes, provided I could still communicate with people in mortal form. (They dont have to know I'm ascended - be like Morgan Le Fay sp? or Orlin sp?)

Comment

I would ascend but I wouldn't live in a same galaxy as the Ancients. They aren't the people I would like to spend eternity with.

I would leave MW and find very distant galaxy.
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                          Oh yes.
                          And ones i did, i would have started a War on the Ascended Ancients. Ascending is a gift, not a privilage. Thouse AA folks are indirectly responsibbel for slaughtering the life of billions of intelligent life forms. They had a power to save them all along, and yet they did nothing.
                          Specially the whole Wraith accident. Billions of Humans payed the prise for the mistakes of the Ancients. And what did they did? They fleed from the battle dooming whole civilizations to there end and ascended.

Oh yes, i would have deffinatly began a war on the Ascended Ancients.
                          Who's with me?

The humans have no more rights to living than the wraith so why should the ascended ancients take out the wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
                            The humans have no more rights to living than the wraith so why should the ascended ancients take out the wraith?
                            Well it is the Ancients who are responsibel for the Wraith creation. In there human-like form, Ancients lost the battle with the Wraith. But once they have ascended, they finnaly had the means to correct there mistakes.
                            But they didnt. Also they really could have. And Chaya is a good exampel of that. She used her powers to protect her planet.

Thouse Ascended Ancients must be brought to justice for there actions. They are criminals, that did the crime, but didnt do the time.
                            We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Humans are also a creation of the ancients why does one creation have rights over another?

Comment

Working...
                              X