'
    ''

'
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '

I re-saw full circle on sydication realized that daniel said that the eye of ra was unimportant bc the lost city information would be more valueable I know at the time the episode could of been the show's finally but now 2 seasons later of stargate and haft a season of atlantis i have a question WHAT AT ATLANTIS COULD HELP DEFEAT ANUIBIS? i know anubis is not much currently but he does get his power back, the lost city is suppose to have plenty of weapons to kick his a-- i mean the self shield and puddle jumpers are kewl but they are not enough to help defend earth

GJFOD? They have those in all the puddle jumpers. That's what defeats Anubis in Lost City, the weapons found at the Ancient Outpost. You also have to remember that their understanding of what would be at Atlantis at the point of Full Circle was based entirely on myths, legends, and rumors. He's not talking about facts.

Comment

Actually, one of those containment devices, as seen in Hide And Seek, could capture Anubis, indefinately.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Actually, one of those containment devices, as seen in Hide And Seek, could capture Anubis, indefinately.
        Never thought of it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
          Never thought of it that way.
          Actually I just thought of it as I was posting.

Was going to make abig long speech about THREADS and RECKONING 1/2 and said...containment device....hmmmmm.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            that would be an interesting plot. too bad the Atlantis team will probably never get back to Earth to show them.

fanfic, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
              that would be an interesting plot. too bad the Atlantis team will probably never get back to Earth to show them.

fanfic, anyone?
              Actually, it's pretty clear from spoilers and producers comments that at least by sometime in season 2 there will be regular contact with earth. They're far away, not lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                Actually, it's pretty clear from spoilers and producers comments that at least by sometime in season 2 there will be regular contact with earth. They're far away, not lost.
                of course there's gonna be contact. HOw else can they keep Rod in food and Weir in clothes
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  of course there's gonna be contact. HOw else can they keep Rod in food and Weir in clothes
                  I have great faith in Rodney's ability to find food or create some technology to make food for him.

And everyone knows that Elizabeth brought the magic bottumless trunk full of clothes for every occasion.

Comment

what were those eyes of ra, osiris and tiamat etc anyway? Ancient tek? were they like energy lenses that magnified energy beams or something? and remember we saw a new flagship in lost city so anubis must know how to make more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I have great faith in Rodney's ability to find food or create some technology to make food for him.

And everyone knows that Elizabeth brought the magic bottumless trunk full of clothes for every occasion.
                      Yep, plus ammo for the P-90's. I am under the assumption that P-90's function like the old 6-shooters from Western movies. Dozens and dozens of rounds may be fired without re-loading, so the Atlantis crew has the never ending supply of ammo for the P-90's.
                      Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
                      O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
                      O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
                        Yep, plus ammo for the P-90's. I am under the assumption that P-90's function like the old 6-shooters from Western movies. Dozens and dozens of rounds may be fired without re-loading, so the Atlantis crew has the never ending supply of ammo for the P-90's.
                        Yeah, that too. They have to contact earth or sooner or later we'll have someone out there counting C4 charges and bullets like photon torpedeos.

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
                          what were those eyes of ra, osiris and tiamat etc anyway? Ancient tek? were they like energy lenses that magnified energy beams or something? and remember we saw a new flagship in lost city so anubis must know how to make more of them.
                          Not necessarily; the Eyes powered the weapon, not the ship itself. Anubis just likes big motherships, possibly as a result of having had Osiris sidekick for him. That's got to make any guy who is as insecure as the Goa'uld are get touchy about his stature.

And the Eyes were the funk; they were MacGuffins. They were the Goa'uld equivalent of the Maltese Falcon or the briefcase in Pulp Fiction: It doesn't matter what they are; it only matters that they are.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus

Anubis' TLC Flagship, used conventional weapon really fast fringi conventional wepaons but conventional all the same.

That means he didn't need the eyes.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              Anubis' TLC Flagship, used conventional weapon really fast fringi conventional wepaons but conventional all the same.

That means he didn't need the eyes.
                              They were probably fast firing because the ship was so big and just putting power into that energy cannon (it could have been two, I don't really remember). The rate of fire was similar to Apophis' ship in The Serpent's Venom.

Comment

Working...
                              X