Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think happens to the Priors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think happens to the Priors?

When they become prioritized, what do you think happens to them?

I personally think that they lose their souls, but i would imagine that others would have different opinions about it...

unless it's described in season 10. (i haven't seen it yet so shh!)

They're evolutionally advanced. I think that's it.

Comment

ooh....

ok. i agree, but HOW? how do they get ev. advanced?

Comment

Originally posted by First Prime of Martouf View Post
        ooh....

ok. i agree, but HOW? how do they get ev. advanced?
        Have you watched all of season 9? It does explain most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
          Have you watched all of season 9? It does explain most of it.
          We know that Priors of the Orii are Hak'Tars (Goa'uuls slang words for 'Advanced' & 'Human') - evolutionarly-advanced Humans with increased phsyical & mental capabilities similar to the Ancients (although IMHVO not as far long the evolutionary path as they were when they were still on the lower planes of existence before their Ascension to the higher planes).

There are currently two known (cannon) methods of 'Priorizing' any given individual:

Spoiler:
          1. By the Orii themselves (using their Ascend powers to turn someone into a Prior), either in person or remotely by bringing their mind to Celetsis & leaving their body in another location, such as they Milkyway (s9's 'Origin', 'The Fourth Horseman, parts 1 & 2').

2.By Adria (the Orici) using her necklace (a piece of the holy city of Celestis) to help change a given individual into a Prior by enveloping them in a bright white light emitted from the necklace which washes over said individual & transforms them into a Prior (from S10's 'The Shroud').

As for them loosing their souls to the Orii, IMHO, they do not loose their souls per sae (qalthough their energy does feed the Orii & make them stronger), although I do personally think that their minds are altered to certain degree to make them more suspetable to Origin & spreading it on behalf of the Orii. These memories that they have forgotten or repressed (either by choice or as part of the Prior-izing process) can be dregged up & used to confront them with; as seen in The Fourth Horseman, part 2.

We also know that if a Prior turns on the Orii ina big way (like stopping a Prior Plague), then them sponateously self-combust, most likely a safety swtich to stop them using their Orii-given powers as Hak'Taurs agaimst their masters.
          Last edited by akren; 09 September 2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

hmm. alright. it's not as interesting as it could have been.

Comment

Working...
            X