This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lanteans were big fans of snow.

Well, you don't have to be a genius to have figured this one out yet.
    But the similarities really hit me when I saw the picture, puts things in perspective, doesn't it?
    Snowflake Magnification 93x to 36000x
    http://www.anri.barc.usda.gov/emusno...nification.htm
    Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
    ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
    cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

lmao!

The design team could have based the city on a snowflake though....
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

FYI, they did. It's in one of the extra's on the season 1 DVD I think (region 2).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

...I always wondered why the overhead views of Atlantis looked so familiar.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
          ...I always wondered why the overhead views of Atlantis looked so familiar.
          LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer) View Post
            But the similarities really hit me when I saw the picture, puts things in perspective, doesn't it?
            If they are big fans of snow why would they live on a tropical planet. Maybe they liked the design of the snowflake or thought it would be a good way to build a citywith wings around a middle center.
            sigpic

Comment

maybe snow is based on atlantis, ancients were around for a long time
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                maybe snow is based on atlantis, ancients were around for a long time
                LOL wow i dont think they are that old. Maybe it is suppose to be snow cause antarctica the main continent was at the south pole the time they left.Meaning it was covered in snow.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                  LOL wow i dont think they are that old. Maybe it is suppose to be snow cause antarctica the main continent was at the south pole the time they left.Meaning it was covered in snow.
                  thats what they want you to think, they "invented" snow and just left it lying around.....................like they do with all failed experiments. *coughtumor machinecough*
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

Snow. Yum. lol

They're pretty amazing when you zoom in the closs...the uniformity and precision is just amazing
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      FYI, they did. It's in one of the extra's on the season 1 DVD I think (region 2).
                      ooo which one?
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                        ooo which one?
                        If I'm not mistaken there is one about designing the city of Atlantis and they mention the snowflake-thing.

Comment

If they are big fans of snow why would they live on a tropical planet.
                          Aftyer Atlantis they did live on the South Pole! So many Snow was Lantean fan fav! Maybe Santa is an Acient?
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer) View Post
                            That's just so wrong. It doesn't take a ZPM to lift a snowflake. Even a giant one!
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

If they are big fans of snow why would they live on a tropical planet. Maybe they liked the design of the snowflake or thought it would be a good way to build a citywith wings around a middle center.
                              Tropical planet?

Comment

Working...
                              X