This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Cough*Kylie Minogue and John Simm*Cough*

Dispite the Sun's reputation that have been incredibly accurate with their rumours so far, which makes me think they get it directly from the source or they have a mole buried deep in BBC Wales, I'd go with the former seeing as
    1) The Sun is the most widely read newspaper in Britain
    2) They haven't been sued by the BBC yet
    Last edited by Madeleine; 30 August 2007, 09:46 PM. Reason: Mod error - sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post

Dispite the Sun's reputation that have been incredibly accurate with their rumours so far, which makes me think they get it directly from the source or they have a mole buried deep in BBC Wales, I'd go with the former seeing as
      Anytime leaking is mentioned, does anyone else immediately think of The Thick Of It?

ETA: I tried to find a clip, but no success.

Anyway, as much as I love Bowie, all these celebrity cameo rumours are getting a touch ridiculous...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
        Oh come off it Pitry, Peter Davidision is rumoured for the comic relief thing which doesn't really have anything to do with the real Doctor Who universe as it's just a bit of fun like when Rowan Atkinson done it.

Ps Bernard Cribbins is also said to be starring in the x-mas speciel and I'm sure true Dr Who fans will know who he is
        'Cept for the part that the original rumour named Tennant to be a part of it, too. Not quite the same as Curse of the Fatal Death...

Yes, but two points - first, we can't tell what's an intentinoal leak and what isn't... and the second is that oen or two actors is one thing. The whole "Rani/Davros/David Bowie" thing that's going on right now is both insane and ridiculous, because all these actors and characters can't be in the same series!

I think they usually half right. They often get some stuff right (e.g. "Freema Agyeman leaving" and then some stuff wrong (e.g. "Freema Agyeman was sacked"). Obviously they do have someone on the inside because there are things they knew that are definitely not a guess - BP leaving, ccleston/Tennant regeneration, Dalek-cybermen battle etc.
        I'm having a hard time believing some of their stuff is definitely from the source becasue... well... why on Earth would the BBC want to leak that Eccleston was leaving at teh end of series 1 after only one episode aired? Or that Billie Piper's leaving, after they did quite a big buil;d up. Or blow up potential suspence about character fate with Freema Agyeman?
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I do find these rumours quite funny. Sometime they are true and other times a load of crap.

On one hand The Sun claims Doctor Who is to be axed after the next series. And a couple of weeks later they say who is playing the Doctor in the 2009 series!. I guess that cant be called accurate. Then again this time of year as it starts going into production all sorts of false rumours gets printed. It's just the true ones that get remembered.

Also it was as far back as 2000 when the BBC decided to plan for a return. A full 3 1/2 years before they announced it for sure.

RTD claimed back in march 2000 he would be writing the new series when the BBC was ready to give it the nod.

Comment

Well, that rumour - as I've ehard it, at least - was always talking abotu after series 4.... and it didn't orgiinate in the Sun, either
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
              Oh come off it Pitry, Peter Davidision is rumoured for the comic relief thing which doesn't really have anything to do with the real Doctor Who universe as it's just a bit of fun like when Rowan Atkinson done it.

Ps Bernard Cribbins is also said to be starring in the x-mas speciel and I'm sure true Dr Who fans will know who he is
              Not necessarily.

Granted the Curse of Fatal Death Comic Relief special was uncanonical. And the CiN special of 1993 was relagated to unofficial status, despite the writer lobying for it to be given official status.

But many forget that "The Five Doctors" was, as well as being an anniversary special, a Children in Need special as well. And whilst CoFD was uncanoncical simply because it was a farce, it also included no past doctors. This new one will contain past doctors and most likely, the present Doctor. I'd say it's likely it will be canon. If it was Comic Relief, I'd say no. But CiN makes it more likely to be so.

DiT was only uncanonical because it made NO sense.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pitry
                The whole "Rani/Davros/David Bowie" thing that's going on right now is both insane and ridiculous, because all these actors and characters can't be in the same series!
                This is the silly season

Comment

Dispite the Sun's reputation that have been incredibly accurate with their rumours so far,
                  Only the ones that were true. The ones that were utter balls weren't so accurate

Madeleine

Comment

Touche

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                      Only the ones that were true. The ones that were utter balls weren't so accurate
                      Well it looks like the Peter Davidson one has something in it because he's been on TV this morning saying he's been approached and hasn't said no so the wheels are turning!

Comment

They've had rumours about PD for two years. As well as rumours about Paul McGann for three. Not to mention the return of the Rani and of Davros in s3, the master in s2, Rose leaving in s1, Freema being fired.... There's a pool of 'obvious' rumours to start, some of which are bound to end up true.

A multi-Doctor short for Children in Need was always going to be a reasonably likely proposition. If the Sun were better at their random guessing they might have come up with that, instead of just half of that.

(Sorry, but my utter loathing for The Sun cannot be abated. Ever.)

Madeleine

Comment

Madeleine he was on this show http://www.five.tv/programmes/thewrightstuff/ this morning so it doesn't look like they were wrong

Comment

Fine, but I think I'll go on believing everything that turns up on a reputable source, and ignoring everything the Sun writes. They're evil. seriously.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              Fine, but I think I'll go on believing everything that turns up on a reputable source, and ignoring everything the Sun writes. They're evil. seriously.
                              Err ok if you don't wish to trust the actor himself (Peter Davidson) as a reputable source fine but I think it's rather strange

Comment

Peter Davidson? Yeah, l trust him. But I don't trust The Sun to report his words, so if he says he's in the show again, it has to be reported by someone not The Sun for it to be actual news and not just speculation disguised as news. It's real news now, it's been reported by proper people who don't make stuff up. When it was only in the sun it was only as true as all the stuff the sun always make up in the knowledge that if they make up vaguely plausible stuff a proportion will come true by default.
                                Last edited by Madeleine; 04 September 2007, 07:45 AM.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X