No announcement yet.

Captain/President/Entil'Zha John J. Sheridan Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain/President/Entil'Zha John J. Sheridan Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Lochley: Who was your old hero?
    Gideon: Truthfully? John Sheridan.
    Lochley: John Sheridan. No kidding...
    Ruling From the Tomb

In case you haven't been able to discern that already, I admire John Sheridan. He's a wise man. A family man. A hero. A freedom fighter. A leader. A romantic (oh come on... Just see the look in his eyes whenever he's talking about Delenn and you can't tell me that he's not a hopeless romantic... at least sometimes.) A principled man.

Do I have a right to admire him?

Abso-fraggin-lutely.

So... uh... discuss...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

hmmmm uhm *thunks* yes he's also very thunk worthy too... hmmm what? yes what's not to like... gods i thikn im gonna go nuts now
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think he's probably the most unambiguously heroic person on B5 and on the show. He stood up for his principles and was willing to die for them, without being a single-minded fanatic. He was always willing to listen to the other side, up to a point. If you passed that point, however, watch out! It doesn't hurt that he's rather attractive, either, although looks shouldn't be a consideration when you weigh the value of a person's spirit, for lack of a better word.
      sigpic

Comment

Mm... Forgot to mention the looks.

Lochley: John Sheridan. Wisest, bravest, sexiest man in the whole galaxy.

Yup. That's him in a nut shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
          Mm... Forgot to mention the looks.

Lochley: John Sheridan. Wisest, bravest, sexiest man in the whole galaxy.

Yup. That's him in a nut shell.
          Him and Delenn are one the of the few romances that I can actually stomach.

Comment

Yeah, him and Delenn were one of the few scifi romances which actually worked well for me, nothing seemed forced and it effected the plot.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I feel exactly the same way. Everything else I've seen out there is Bleh... But Sheridan and Delenn had a pure love... one that made you feel warm and happy when you watched them together. It was better than chocolate.

Comment

Working...
              X