This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood question?.

I dont know the answer to this, but I'm wandering if anyone else has noticed or am I mistaken?.

But at the end of the final episode we sort of assumed and heard in part the Tardis appearing and dissapearing in Captain Jacks room right?.

So how on earth in Dr Who did we then see Captain Jack Running towards the Tardis above ground level quite a distance away from where we assumed the Tardis had landed?.

There should really have been a spoiler warning here, but there you go.

Spoiler:
    You never saw it materialise in the HUB, so it's possible Jack (and we) just heard it from inside because it's so bleedin' loud
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Spoiler:
      The TARDIS is very loud! In 'The Parting of the Ways' Mickey heard it from several streets away. When it was in Cardiff in the beginning of 'Utopia' the TARDIS wasn't that far away from Torchwood so it is entirely possible for Jack to hear it from inside. Unless he was already outside and simply saw the TARDIS in front of him!
      Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 30 August 2007, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I had not thought about that until you mentioned it, but now you have:
        Spoiler:
        The TARDIS is loud, but at the end of Torchwood we see Cpt J standing still in Torchwood, with his arms folded (I think) as though he expects the TARDIS to materialise in Torchwood, so we are led to believe that the sound of the TARDIS is coming from exactly that spot. I.E. that the TARDIS will materialise in Torchwood

P.S First time I have posted "TARDIS" here, and usually get comments on the fact that I use all capitals when I do that on message boards, so to forestall any comments/corrections:

TARDIS is an acronym (as most will know Time And Relative Dimensions In Space) so should either be types all capitals, or all capitals with a full stop (period) after each letter. I don't complain when people (incorrectly) type Tardis or tardis, so please don't complain when I (correctly) type TARDIS.

Oh, and yes, one of my other favourite TV shows is "Never Mind The Full Stops".
        My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Working...
        X