No announcement yet.

Ianto Jones/Gareth David-Lloyd Thunk and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anyone see the Sherlock Holmes movie he did? I heard that it was horribly cheesy (and plain horrible)

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
      did anyone see the Sherlock Holmes movie he did? I heard that it was horribly cheesy (and plain horrible)
      I've seen it (god bless netflix) and it surprisingly wasn't that bad. I mean, I spent the entire time laughing at GDL's facial hair (the boy just can't beat that babyface no matter what he does) and hoping that he would ride the dinosaur, but it was actually quite clever at times and the friendship between Holmes and Watson was sweet. It was loads better than Girl Number 9, IMO. It's your basic direct to DVD film, but it kept me entertained.

Plus, I mean, c'mon. GDL on a horse. And in bondage gear. What's not to like?
      Originally posted by Callista
      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
      Originally posted by HPMom
      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I know right?

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Gareth's reading of the Rhys Davies Short Story Competition winner's tale (Getting Up by Sian Preece) premiered on BBC's Radio 4 today, and it's available for the next week on the BBC iPlayer.

It's actually a good story, and Gareth's delivery is spot on, as usual. The boy really has a flair for dramatic reading. The voices are amazing!

Seriously, he could read me the phone book.
          Last edited by Ashizuri; 09 March 2010, 09:25 AM.
          Originally posted by Callista
          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
          Originally posted by HPMom
          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
            Okay, so I don't know if anyone has already talked about this or not but has anyone heard of, picked up, listened to the audio book "The Sin Eaters"? I've only recently heard about it and looked it up. And to me, the idea sounds interesting so I'm hoping to be able to get a copy at some point in the future. here's a link to the page where it can be purchased.. Oh, did I mention, it's narrated by Gareth? There's also a little snippet for a preview on there too! Enjoy...
            I got that on iTunes a couple months ago.
            I thought the story was really interesting and Gareth's reading was great. (His Jack was spot on.)

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post

I especially love the bit where they're out in the ocean and Ianto doesn't want to carry a gun so he can swim away fast...or hold Jack's hand if he gets scared.
            That part was good.
            I also liked the part near the beginning when Jack and Ianto were in the SUV and Ianto was trying out some of it's untested features, like jet power. I especially liked when Ianto asked Jack why he never grabbed onto his hand when he was scared and jack replied something like : "I wasn't scared. That was a manly shout of excitement."

Plus, GDL's accent...
            Yes. Definitely makes me 'Thunk'.
            If I'm listening to that story while trying to do something else it's hard not to get a little distracted.
            sigpic
            The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
            My art and writing site

Comment

Wow... the Gareth love has REALLY faltered!!! It's been over a year since the last post... not only that... go back 3 pages and I found an idea that I got and decided to share... thing about that is, it was posted in 2009!!! Wow!! I feel sorry for the new people watching Torchwood on Starz. They will never know that awesomeness that is Ianto Jones! Well, unless they get curious and decide to start from the beginning, then maybe they will. But other than that, they have no clue who he is/was, along with Tosh and Owen and the coolness that was the Hub. Ah the memories. I was bored at work yesterday and pulled up a few moments from "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" and "Adam" Will try to do pics later today and see if I can try breath in new life to this thread.

Comment

Just finished watching Warehouse 13 Series 4 Episode 5 - Was surprised to see Gareth David - Lloyd appear in one of the flashbacks to HG Wells' time as an agent for Warehouse 12, I hope he might also appear in the spinoff Warehouse 12 when that gets made.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X