This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Davros Return?

I kind of like the aspect of Davros in Dr Who. Not to sure if RTD does as there has been no sign or real mention of him or where he is in the last 3 years and 4 Dalek stories.

Prehaps next year or when RTD hands over to someone after next year we might at last see the return of Davros.

I've always wanted and wandered about a Davros story without the Daleks. Then again the apparent last Dalek would have possably looked to and for Davros to survive and re-build the Dalek race.

Any thoughts on this?.

Spoiler:
    According to "The Sun" Davros is set to appear in S4 of Doctor Who, played by Sir Ben Kingsley. Whether this is true or not is debatable.

That aside, I'd rather not see Davros. He was a fantastic character in Genesis of the Daleks, but became nothing more than a power mad fool from Ressurection of the Daleks onwards. The dalek stories became less about them and more about Davros. It got a little dull in the end. Besides, after Remembrance of the Daleks, Davros was little more than a dalek with a human head. I can't see any point in bringing him back. If they do, it will have to be before Remembrance of the Daleks so he can be in his human form.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I was dissapointed at Davros's apperence and look in Remembrance of the Daleks. As with the series in general in the 80's they ran him into the ground story wise. But Revelation of the Daleks was a excelent story for Davros, besides the dodgy acting of everyone else. Bloody Alexi Sayle, whoever gave him the part should have been shot!.

I think if they develop Davros to more the character of Genesis of the Daleks then it would be good. I mean he did escape at the end of Remembrance of the Daleks. So it's not like it would be hard for him to show up.

The look of him in Remembrance in that overshaped Dalek thing was a little daft.

How about the Doctor going to Skaro and meeting Davros years before the Daleks and before Davros had the accident that put him in the chair thingy?.

Comment

Ah but then you get into dangerous grounds surrounding causality and such. What might be interesting would be if RTD took a leaf out of Big Finish's (audio) book. It would be entirely possibly for a Davros story to be written without any Dalek involvement at all.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

it would be cool to see him again, I'd love o see the charecter get stuck with his tale between his legs by the 10th doctor
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
            it would be cool to see him again, I'd love o see the charecter get stuck with his tale between his legs by the 10th doctor
            You mean his tail between his travel machine?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Of Course

Comment

A pre-semi-dalek Davros....

How did Davros get stuck in his chair thing? Be irony if the Doc caused it
                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I think in Genesis Of The Daleks it was mmentioned that there was an explosion\experiment several years before.

But a pre Genesis Davros story could cause a number of timeline issues. Mainly in that Davros would never know the Doctor as the Doctor because the 4th Doctor said who he was I think and Davros would have recognised the name and the doctors nature.

Plus knowing what the Doctor did from his past he would know and be able to prevent the Time War from ever having existed without the direct intervention of delibaretly going back in time to save the Time Lords if he landed on a pre Genesis Skaro.

This aspect of the\possable Davros story sounds very interesting.

Comment

Maybe not if the 10th doctor had visted him, he might not connect the two, not knowing about regeneration at that point.

Comment

Every appearance he's made apart from in Genesis of the Daleks has been pointless and lame. I'm sure they could make it work in the new series but I'd rather see something new.

Comment

Working...
                      X