• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why No Eureka?

There are
    • 3 dead shows
    • 1 half dead franchise
    • One teen soap
    • a British fantasy series that borders on scifi (ooow that's going to attract an angry mob)
    • 2 Dramas with some scifi in them (I'm not nocking them but, only one of them should be on the main index page)
    • and a show about super heroes (a really good show BTW)

Where the heck is Eureka? and why are all these dang sub forums cluttering up the index page?

Oya Vai, personally I Love the new scifi stream sub-forum sections, great job Darren!.

To quote Mick, "You can't always get what you want".

Comment

"But if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need" so it can't hurt to ask

Does Eureka fit the chriteria? Is it covered on Sci-fi Stream? Does Darren watch it? If no to any of those, there's your reason.

Oh, and I'll ignore the DW comment, you're entitled to be wrong
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Eureka coming soon.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Eureka coming soon.
          Yay!

*tries really hard to ignore DW comment*

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman View Post
            There are
            • 3 dead shows
            • 1 half dead franchise
            • One teen soap
            • a British fantasy series that borders on scifi (ooow that's going to attract an angry mob)
            • 2 Dramas with some scifi in them (I'm not nocking them but, only one of them should be on the main index page)
            • and a show about super heroes (a really good show BTW)

Where the heck is Eureka? and why are all these dang sub forums cluttering up the index page?
            What's wrong with Doctor who? Or Star Trek? Smallville. Lost. What is the problem? I just want to know. Thank you if you answer.

Comment

Glad to hear Eureka is coming on board. It's the best think Scifi has come up with since Stargate Atlantis.

Comment

Eureka coming soon.
                Please tell me you're kidding. Eureka has one thread that doesn't get a lot of activity even after an ep has aired; what the hell would be the point of giving it an entire folder? Just to show everyone how meager the interest is? To flaunt it in the faces of fans whose shows don't have folders? To make it easier for all the Eureka bashers to attack the show with wonderfully erudite commentary like "This show sucks!!"?

How about creating folders for shows that have more than a dozen fans on Gateworld? I love Eureka, but giving it a whole folder to itself seems a little extreme.

Comment

Eureka plans delayed for the time being.

Once again, whether or not a series gets a subfolder here is NOT dependent upon how much activity that show sees right now in the General Sci-Fi folder. It's a factor, but far from the deciding factor.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Eureka plans delayed for the time being.

Once again, whether or not a series gets a subfolder here is NOT dependent upon how much activity that show sees right now in the General Sci-Fi folder. It's a factor, but far from the deciding factor.
                    So what is the "deciding factor"? And what are the contributing factors, since the original criteria no longer seem to apply?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      So what is the "deciding factor"? And what are the contributing factors, since the original criteria no longer seem to apply?
                      why does it matter if he wants to expand the scifi stream section it's his decisions.

Comment

I'l like to see a eureka folder

a British fantasy series that borders on scifi
                        Them there's fighting words.
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by SGA fan View Post
                          why does it matter if he wants to expand the scifi stream section it's his decisions.
                          It's handy to know what the criteria are so that if you want Show X to have a folder you'll know whether or not it's worth asking about it. It also helps when fans of Show Z pitch a hissy fit over their show not having a folder when Show A- which is a crapfest and has almost no fans- has one; you can explain it to them without involving the mods. Unless they're particularly pissy and disinclined to listen to reason.

I'm also just generally curious about what a show needs in order to get its own folder. That way even if I'm one of the ones getting pissed off, at least I'll know why the world is being so unfair.

Comment

you missed the most obvious reason...we don't have an eureka folder cause you want one...and the whole purpose of our forum is to vex you, and vex you mightily
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who is set in space occasionally, therefore its a scifi. Maybe you should pay more attention when you watch it and you might pick up that he travels around in a space-ship time travel type machine.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                              X