This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children of the Law of One

I have just been reading some Cayce, the source of most of the myths on Atlantis and there is some good material for the tv show here. Something about their being two political parties the law of one and the sons of belial. The Law of oner's wanting to evolve their inferior man-slaves into something as enligthered as themselves, and the sons of belial wanting to keep the humans as slaves and toys. This conflict is supposed to have lead to the final destruction of Atlantis.

Well this is exciting if the show assumed that the Wraith and the Ancients have a shared past and if you make the Wraith the sons of belial splinter group it fits right in! It pretty much summs up the Wraiths opinion of Humans.

Curious enough Cayce prophecied about 2 large destructions of Atlantis (posiedon) prior to the final sinking of Atlantis.....

Food for debate!
    "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

The Ancients could have had other cities. So, Lemuria and Mu could have been other ships destroyed by the Wraith.

It seem plausible
    *spoilers*
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    MGM Newspaper said something how the producers want to tie the Wraith in as sometype of creation of Ancients. Something very vague like that. I mean, it could make sense. But it is lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
      The Ancients could have had other cities. So, Lemuria and Mu could have been other ships destroyed by the Wraith.

It seem plausible
      *spoilers*
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      MGM Newspaper said something how the producers want to tie the Wraith in as sometype of creation of Ancients. Something very vague like that. I mean, it could make sense. But it is lame.
      possible?? spoiler
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      -
      I actually didn't know anything about that, but I don't think that would be lame... I guess it could be interesting. That would give the Wraith a good backstory.

Spoiler:
      [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
      [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
      [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
      ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
        The Ancients could have had other cities.
        I believe they did. The time machine in WoO was built by a colony of the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by lyne_sparrow
          I actually didn't know anything about that, but I don't think that would be lame... I guess it could be interesting. That would give the Wraith a good backstory.
          No. It would be lame. The HoloAncient told us that they set foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Now, the Ancients creating Reece, who Created the Replicators. That I could see. But the Wraith? No. Their technology doesn't even look remotely similar to Ancient technology.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            No. It would be lame. The HoloAncient told us that they set foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slept.
            Yeah... when you look at it that way it wouldn't make any sense... but still, if it wasn't for that inconsistency it could be interesting ... but it's only my opinion... I've always liked the stories that reminds us of the whole man beaten by what he created thing...

Spoiler:
            [Weir] I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony
            [McKay] Oh believe me. That's not the first thing we tried
            [Sheppard, smiling] I shot him!

LyneSparrow
            ** I do Believe in Furlings, I do, I do!**

Comment

The idea of the Ancients having something to do with the Wraith and then the Wraith destroying their masters/makers is too much like the Cylon/Human conflict in "Galactica". TPTB need to be a bit more creative.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                No. It would be lame. The HoloAncient told us that they set foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slept. Now, the Ancients creating Reece, who Created the Replicators. That I could see. But the Wraith? No. Their technology doesn't even look remotely similar to Ancient technology.
                I agree with you Mio, it would be lame and goes against the holoancient.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  The idea of the Ancients having something to do with the Wraith and then the Wraith destroying their masters/makers is too much like the Cylon/Human conflict in "Galactica". TPTB need to be a bit more creative.
                  Oh my god, this is amazing. I was just about to write this in the previous post I made, about how lame it would be and how stupid it would be because of the new Battlestar Galactica part about humans creating the Cylons, which is sooo not true.

I mean, in the original BG, the Cylons were a reptilian race, sorta like the Xindi reptilians or maybe even the Gorn from ST TOS, who like the Borg, sought perfection through robotization. They transferred their intelligence into robotic/cybernetic beings and became a completely inorganic race. Humans weren't even evolved at the time the Cylons did this.

The Wraith should not be a creation of the Ancients, nor should there be any time travel involved! But...it would be interesting, although stupid, if it turns out that the Wraith created the Ancients as a food source...JUST KIDDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    i'll have to go back and check, maybe someone knows off hand, but i know for sure the ancients did not make reece, it was a human race but not the ancients. of that i'm 99% sure. besides if they did they would not have been defeated by the replicators they would have known how to beat em.

the race that built reece was destroyed by the replicators

Comment

Working...
                    X