This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Release Date

Any idea of the UK date when the movies get released. I'm assuming that the Spring 2008/Autumn 2008 for the movies is for the US but nowhere is it said that this would include the UK.

They're aiming to release them at the same time worldwide.

Comment

Yay! No doubt, they want to cut down on international piracy by making the movies available legally everywhere at once. If it's a choice between waiting six months or downloading torrents from the US, many people can't (won't) wait until the official release on DVD / their local channel.

Lets hope this is a financial success for MGM, and we see other films and TV shows getting their international releases closer to the US date (not just Stargate, but all DVDs). Not only will this cut down on illegal torrents etc, but us non-Americans won't have to shun our favourite forums to avoid spoilers quite so much.
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
        Yay! No doubt, they want to cut down on international piracy by making the movies available legally everywhere at once. If it's a choice between waiting six months or downloading torrents from the US, many people can't (won't) wait until the official release on DVD / their local channel.

Lets hope this is a financial success for MGM, and we see other films and TV shows getting their international releases closer to the US date (not just Stargate, but all DVDs). Not only will this cut down on illegal torrents etc, but us non-Americans won't have to shun our favourite forums to avoid spoilers quite so much.

Lets hope so

I know Ill be buying the DVDs as soon as they come out, Ill probably be waiting for the shop to open

Comment

2008? i'm sure they said fall 2007 somewhere... can't wait anyways.... so excited!!!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Amaunet for the sig!!!
          My First Gateworld News Item!

Comment

Originally posted by Hêtshepsu View Post
            2008? i'm sure they said fall 2007 somewhere... can't wait anyways.... so excited!!!
            When the two movies were first announced, MGM gave a target period of fall '07. But at Comic-Con this year, it was announced that "The Ark of Truth" won't be released until early '08, and "Continuum" not until late '08! This is to give them extra time to complete the effects shots, and so that both movies can be advertised.
            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I will definately be getting these as soon as they come out. And Sky One will probably be screening them as well. SG-1 and SGA have got to be their biggest shows. They seem to have the most airtime.

Comment

Working...
              X