Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Probie

Default Replicators versus Ori

So what do you think which one would win the war? The replicators versus the Ori? And by Ori I do not mean the ascended beings but the followers of the Ori, including the Priors.

And while you are it, please tell us why you think the side you picked would win.

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Replicators versus Ori

Replicators hands down.

They win the ground battle without even trying because of their vastly superior numbers, better coordination, and complete immunity to all Ori ground weapons.

In space the Replicators have vastly superior numbers and all Asgard knowledge in addition to all the rest of the knowledge they have gathered. And remember, once the Replicators capture Ori tech they can reverse engineer it and then they have it all as well.

Major General

I pick the replicators. the ori followers use energy based weapons, which has been shown on many occasions to have no effect on replicators, (maybe not a ori weapon specifically but the staff weapons and zats which are probably based on ancient weapons) so unless they change to projectile weapons they dont stand a chance.

Lieutenant Colonel

MW Replicators or Asurans?

If priors can generate Anti-Replicator Waves, then I'd say a draw. Those sneaky little Replicators could get on-board, consume, and ultimately destroy/harvest Ori Cruisers, regardless of their countermeasures. The Reps could just keep building up fleets until all of the Ori Cruisers fell. But the reps still couldn't win on ground, since they couldn't actually kill the priors effectively.

The Asurans have superior tech, so they'd destroy the Ori even if they had ARWs.

Chief Master Sergeant Uberdork7898's Avatar

I say Replicators.

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

yeah I'd go the good old Replicaters, speshly if the human forms could find a way to somehow get the knowledge of how the priors are wired....wow that would suck for Ori and everyone else.

replicators the ori followers wont figure out how to kill them

Replicators, dont forget they became immune to the anti replicator waves and according to replicarter, the only weapon capable of destroying them has now been destroyed itself on dakara.
    SG-1 Rocks!!

I'd say Replicators. As it has already been mentioned, the Ori use energy weapons and that has never had an effect on them. The only likely scenario is that replicators board a Ori ship and consume all their technology. And I would imagine Ori have superior tech to Asgard even? So you can imagine how powerfull replicators could become.

Of course, I suppose it is possible they could have a way to defeat them. The anti-replicator weapon was built using Ancient knowledge. I guess the Ori should have this information too and be able to build a new one. The only downside for them is that they would have to modify it so it can once again destroy the little buggers. I think that should be possible, or am I wrong about this?

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

Arrow1 Re: Replicators versus Ori

I would say the replicators. For a start the ori weapons would be ineffective and the replicators could take an ori ship and replicate the technology.

The ori would have the knowledge to create another weapon but how would they get it built?. They are all ascended and we havent seen one descend yet (or do they pass knowledge to the priors) Also the ori do not know how the weapon was modified so i dont think this would be possible straight away. the replicators would have probably destroyed the ori fleet before they got a chance to build it

Quote Originally Posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
    The ori would have the knowledge to create another weapon but how would they get it built?. They are all ascended and we havent seen one descend yet (or do they pass knowledge to the priors) Also the ori do not know how the weapon was modified so i dont think this would be possible straight away. the replicators would have probably destroyed the ori fleet before they got a chance to build it
    I think in a desperate situation like that, I think they would pass on their knowledge, if it's possible...that we don't know I guess. But as you said, even if they managed to built a new one, they would likely not be able to use it right away and who knows how long it would take for them to modify it so it can be used. Which is why I said that there was a downside.

But didn't Adria have all the knowledge of the Ori? Obviously she is ascended now, but still.

Probie

How about all the Prior tricks?

I'm kind of torn on this one, afterall couldn't the priors just seperate all the replicator blocks with one thought? The milkyway replicators are really crafty and the fact they assimilate technology would give them the distinct advantage, it's just whether they'd get time to assimilate any Ori technology before the priors blow them to bits. On the Ori followers Vs the Reps, well I'm sure it isn't out of the Ori's reach to come up with a anti-replicator gun and hand it out to their followers.

If we're talking about Asuran Replicators VS Ori then I'd give it to the Ori. I don't think Asuran technology is superior and the fact they seem stuck in their ways (they don't appear to assimilate technology) would eventually be their downfall. I still think the milkyway replicators were a much greater threat than the Asurans are, imo their imitation of their creators holds them back.

First Lieutenant

Initially the Ori weapons would probably blow a few Rep ships up. However they would soon adapt & become immune the moment they got their blocks inside the Ori ship. Once that happened the Ori would be so screwed.

The only thing the Ori have is powerful weapons on their ship. All the Reps would need to do is launch a projectile filled with Replicator blocks into the Ori ship. They could even ring them over instead if they wanted to. Once inside the Reps would begin consuming & taking over the ship. The warriors energy weapons probably would do nothing against them & that'd be it for them. They would now know how everything worked. Then they would adapt the ship themselves & make it better than the Ori could ever have.

Without the Ori themselves intervening, then the Priors & their warriors would be quickly wiped out. The Asurans with their Lantean knowledge would be able to take them out even quicker.

The Reps & Asurans are the 2 most powerful races ever. The Ori nor anyone else wouldn't stand a chance in a straight fight.

Chief Master Sergeant

replicators

I think people give the Asurans way too much credit. They're on the same level as the Ancients were at their peak yes but like it's been said a thousand times the Ori use Ascended knowledge, we know they're free to disperse as much as they want in their home galaxy, which is where their ships and other technology is built. This loophole in the ascended rulebook means their followers can then take the ships (with ascended knowledge) to wherever they please i.e. the Milkyway or pegasus and the ancients couldn't do anything. To me Ascended technology far outweighs Ancient technology.

The Other thing to consider is that the Ori technology we're seeing was designed to be used in our galaxy, the priors scouted the whole galaxy for a year seeing what kind of technologies we possessed and that's why they made such short work of all our ships. The Asgards were our safeguard as they aren't in our galaxy hence the priors not seeing what kinds of technologies they possessed. Now if the Ori were aware of the kinds of technologies the asgard possessed 'Unending' would not have gone as it did imo.

The same thing applies to the Asurans, they may have the advantage at first however or maybe not but I'm pretty sure once the priors see what they're made of (no pun intended) they'll create ships and weapons designed for fighting them using ascended knowledge in their home galaxy then ship them off to pegasus.

Thinking about it like this means even the Milkyway (who imo are the greatest threat to the Ori) would eventually be overcome or be drawn to a stalemate. They adapt to the Ori weapons, the Ori create new weapons, they adapt to Ori weapons, the Ori create new weapons and so on and so on.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by kirmit View Post
    I think people give the Asurans way too much credit. They're on the same level as the Ancients were at their peak yes but like it's been said a thousand times the Ori use Ascended knowledge, we know they're free to disperse as much as they want in their home galaxy, which is where their ships and other technology is built. This loophole in the ascended rulebook means their followers can then take the ships (with ascended knowledge) to wherever they please i.e. the Milkyway or pegasus and the ancients couldn't do anything. To me Ascended technology far outweighs Ancient technology.

The Other thing to consider is that the Ori technology we're seeing was designed to be used in our galaxy, the priors scouted the whole galaxy for a year seeing what kind of technologies we possessed and that's why they made such short work of all our ships. The Asgards were our safeguard as they aren't in our galaxy hence the priors not seeing what kinds of technologies they possessed. Now if the Ori were aware of the kinds of technologies the asgard possessed 'Unending' would not have gone as it did imo.

The same thing applies to the Asurans, they may have the advantage at first however or maybe not but I'm pretty sure once the priors see what they're made of (no pun intended) they'll create ships and weapons designed for fighting them using ascended knowledge in their home galaxy then ship them off to pegasus.

Thinking about it like this means even the Milkyway (who imo are the greatest threat to the Ori) would eventually be overcome or be drawn to a stalemate. They adapt to the Ori weapons, the Ori create new weapons, they adapt to Ori weapons, the Ori create new weapons and so on and so on.
    Tbh, I think you are giving the Ori too much credit. Yes they could gain advanced knowledge via being ascended. However it doesn't make them all knowing. They built ships that had powerful shields & a powerful energy weapon. However what else have we seen them use, they need to use rings to get their people or ships to the ground. We know their shields are unstable when they fire their primary weapons. Nukes can be ringed aboard their ships. We know Drones can take care of their ships. We know ZPM's can boost shields to a far greater extent.

The Priors & even Adria can be taken care of by a simple human-made device. The Prior in 'A Line in the Sand' couldn't even detect them when they were out of phase. The Ori ships couldn't do anything when Carter took the planet out of phase in 'The Road Not Taken'. Then look what happens when weapons were designed that were capable of getting past/through their shields. A few hits & their ships are goners.

I'd say the Lanteans/Alterans who spent over 50 million years studying science & advanced technologies would be much more advanced than a race that studied religion, then have only been ascended for a short amount of time. Especially since the Ancients in this galaxy & presumably Pegasus as well were able to block the existence of the galaxy (possibly others as well) from them. So they didn't have direct access to galaxies which had advanced pieces of technology in them.

The Asurans have all this knowledge starting from the Asurans who were in the MW over 50 million years ago, then they split into the Lanteans & went to Pegasus somewhere between 5 & 10 million years ago. As well as having the past 10,000 years to improve on the technologies that they have at their disposal.

In a direct one one fight, the Asuran warships would win as lng as it has ZPM's powering it's shields. It's energy weapons might not penetrate the shield to begin with, but the Drones would be more than a match for it. Then the fact that they can build 20/30+ ships in the space of a couple of months. Then the biggest factor which is Replicators can go inside the ships then start replicating using the materials which the ship is made from. If their energy staffs didn't work on the spiders, the warriors would all be killed or be forced to abandon the ship. Once they had their hands on it the sky's the limit.

They took Asgard technology & upgraded it beyond their understanding. From 'Small Victories':

"THOR:The replicators are capable of modifying our own weapon technology beyond our understanding."

Imagine what Asurans bundled with Lantean/Alteran knowledge could do to the Ori once they got their hands on their ships. Millions of human form Replicators each as msart or smarter than the Lanteans. Each one comprised of goodness knows how many nanites which in turn are advanced microscopic machines. They can share knowledge with each other instantly across the galaxy, they are far stronger than humans, can pass through solids, are invulnerable to almost all weapons. Not to mention they can shove their hands inside Priors & get every single bit of info that they want directly from the brain. As well as the fact they can infect others with nanites themselves simply by touching.

McKay said that nothing they had in Atlantis & Apollo would be able to do anything to one of their small satellite wepaons including Drones. Yet Drones can affect Ori ships.

In truth it really wouldn't be a contest in any way, either directly or indirectly. In a straight on fight, they can use Drones to take care of the Ori ships. Then launch nanite projectiles into the Ori ship, which begin replicating & taking over the ship from the inside. They could probably even ring themselves over & kill everyone in person.

Nanites are just too effective at overcoming & adapting technologies once they get their hands on them. Never mind millions of human form Asurans which already have all the Lantean knowledge at their disposal. God help them if they can only muster up 4 ships in a year when the Asurans can whip out 20/30+ ships in the space of a few months. It wouldn't even be a fight, it would be more a slaughter!

ori!! the ancients knowledge that o-neil had made a weapen that could destroy them and the ori are basically the same as the acients but they r evil

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
    Tbh, I think you are giving the Ori too much credit. Yes they could gain advanced knowledge via being ascended. However it doesn't make them all knowing. They built ships that had powerful shields & a powerful energy weapon. However what else have we seen them use, they need to use rings to get their people or ships to the ground. We know their shields are unstable when they fire their primary weapons. Nukes can be ringed aboard their ships. We know Drones can take care of their ships. We know ZPM's can boost shields to a far greater extent.

The Priors & even Adria can be taken care of by a simple human-made device. The Prior in 'A Line in the Sand' couldn't even detect them when they were out of phase. The Ori ships couldn't do anything when Carter took the planet out of phase in 'The Road Not Taken'. Then look what happens when weapons were designed that were capable of getting past/through their shields. A few hits & their ships are goners.

I'd say the Lanteans/Alterans who spent over 50 million years studying science & advanced technologies would be much more advanced than a race that studied religion, then have only been ascended for a short amount of time. Especially since the Ancients in this galaxy & presumably Pegasus as well were able to block the existence of the galaxy (possibly others as well) from them. So they didn't have direct access to galaxies which had advanced pieces of technology in them.

The Asurans have all this knowledge starting from the Asurans who were in the MW over 50 million years ago, then they split into the Lanteans & went to Pegasus somewhere between 5 & 10 million years ago. As well as having the past 10,000 years to improve on the technologies that they have at their disposal.

In a direct one one fight, the Asuran warships would win as lng as it has ZPM's powering it's shields. It's energy weapons might not penetrate the shield to begin with, but the Drones would be more than a match for it. Then the fact that they can build 20/30+ ships in the space of a couple of months. Then the biggest factor which is Replicators can go inside the ships then start replicating using the materials which the ship is made from. If their energy staffs didn't work on the spiders, the warriors would all be killed or be forced to abandon the ship. Once they had their hands on it the sky's the limit.

They took Asgard technology & upgraded it beyond their understanding. From 'Small Victories':

"THOR:The replicators are capable of modifying our own weapon technology beyond our understanding."

Imagine what Asurans bundled with Lantean/Alteran knowledge could do to the Ori once they got their hands on their ships. Millions of human form Replicators each as msart or smarter than the Lanteans. Each one comprised of goodness knows how many nanites which in turn are advanced microscopic machines. They can share knowledge with each other instantly across the galaxy, they are far stronger than humans, can pass through solids, are invulnerable to almost all weapons. Not to mention they can shove their hands inside Priors & get every single bit of info that they want directly from the brain. As well as the fact they can infect others with nanites themselves simply by touching.

McKay said that nothing they had in Atlantis & Apollo would be able to do anything to one of their small satellite wepaons including Drones. Yet Drones can affect Ori ships.

In truth it really wouldn't be a contest in any way, either directly or indirectly. In a straight on fight, they can use Drones to take care of the Ori ships. Then launch nanite projectiles into the Ori ship, which begin replicating & taking over the ship from the inside. They could probably even ring themselves over & kill everyone in person.

Nanites are just too effective at overcoming & adapting technologies once they get their hands on them. Never mind millions of human form Asurans which already have all the Lantean knowledge at their disposal. God help them if they can only muster up 4 ships in a year when the Asurans can whip out 20/30+ ships in the space of a few months. It wouldn't even be a fight, it would be more a slaughter!
    Like I said previously the Ori had what they thought they needed to use against our galaxy, why bother with giving their followers access to beaming technology when rings work just as good? The Ori's only flaw is their reluctancy to share all they know, had they shared all the knowledge then had no other race would stand a chance against their followers but they would be too powerful and most likely rebel against their gods. It's the same with the goa'uld, they didn't share everything with the jaffa because they didn't want them to have too much power.

I don't see your argument with drones, yes we know they are efffective but 'a few hits and their ships are goners'? I don't think so. We know nothing about drones effectiveness against Ori shields, only that they were able to fend off an attack, it's never said they actually destroyed any ships with them in 'The Road not Taken'. We don't know how long it took before the Ori ship was fended off nor how many drones it took. We neither know the Ori beams effectiveness against Asuran shields, they could blow the ship to bits long before the Asuran drones manage to do any damage.

The Asurans might be able to build 20+ ships in a matter of months but they're only on one planet. The Ori had hundreds maybe even thousands of ships being built in their home galaxy, all they need is a supergate in pegasus and imo it would be a swift victory.

You're confusing Milkyway Replicators with the Asurans, they are two very different races when it comes down to strategy. So far as we've seen the Asurans do not assimilate technology, they only imitate ancient technology unlike the Milkyway versions. Nor have we seen them fire projectiles or overcome a ship with nanites, the milkway versions yes but like I've said they are very different, the Asurans desire to imiate the Ancients is their biggest weakness and holding them back.

The Asurans might be able to walk through walls, manhandle someone like Ronon but really would good would either of them do against a prior who could split all their nanites (same way a replicator gun works) with just a thought? Had the Asurans worked out a way to supress their powers like we did then yes theyd gain the advantage but if their followers were given replicator guns by their creators (which wouldn't be out of the question) they wouldn't be able to get within 2 feet of them let alone manhandle them. In truth it's all a game of what if's at the minute as we don't know enough about either side.

I highly doubt what we've seen thus far is the true extent of the Ori's power, had they realised Earth were a worthy Adversary from the start or manage to see Asgard technology I think it would be a totally different story. If we want to see how it would go down with the Ori current ships (not ones designed to fight Asurans) well then we'll have to wait for season 4 of Atlantis and seen if they use any Asgard enhanced earth ships go against any Asuran ships.

BTW we don't know when the Ori ascended, you said only a little while ago, though for all we know it was thousands of years ago. I know being ascended doesn't make you all knowing however if does give you access to the knowledge of the universe. Who is to say there aren't more advanced races than the ancients or Asurans out there? The universe is a mighty big place, the Ori have access to all that except for the Milkyway and pegasus. Also you can't argue that because they were more religious than the ancients their technology would be inferior. If that's the case then why did the ancients flee from their home Galaxy? Religion can actually help your technilogical advancements, especially one like the Ori's. They wanted to force their views on the ancients, so i doubt they just preached to them so much until they left, rather they'd advance to a point beyond the ancients so they could back up their threats of join our religion or die. Just to add, religion doesn't mean you can't stop advancing, you can worship a god or gods and still advance technilogically.

Probie

I don't think the ascended beings are that all-knowing. For example Merlin found out a way how to keep his work hidden from them and one with the knowledge of the universe should have figured it out.