This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jekyll - Would've made a great DW or TW story

This thread is about the recent series Jekyll starring James Nesbitt which was written by Steven Moffat.

It was a great series but I think it would have been better as a Doctor Who or even a Torchwood story arch (edited if it was for Doctor Who, obviously).

What do you guys think?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

I'll be honest... I watched the first episode. Got slightly bored, mostly disappointed - Moffat's such a brilliant writer for Who, I expected better - and didn't come back to episodes 2-6. So I guess I'd say no
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Nope, it was a fantastic series sithin its own universe, having it in the whoniverse would have taken a lot from it IMO.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I am enjoying Jekyll. The finale airs this weekend here!!!

I don't think that Jekyll would have translated as a good Who episode:

1. The violence and language would have to be heavily edited, and Jekyll (the show) needs viewers seeing Hyde on a rampage. The Who universe doesn't include that level of bloodshed. I can't speak for Torchwood. I haven't seen it yet.

2. The Doctor and Martha don't fit with the darkness of Jekyll, and Jekyll has no room for stupid radiation dances or baiting Queen Victoria about what she finds amusing. Jekyll has dark humor, but it is usually
        Spoiler:
        Hyde dancing on a body or singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" while covered in blood.

Frankly, I'm thrilled that we are finally ready for Human Nature in America. I want to see a darker episode. I'm tired of radiation dances, countdown clocks that belong in Galaxy Quest, and annoyingly mutated Daleks.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Well, you'r;e aboutt o get your wish. With the exception of Blink, the entire run of episodes frmo Human Nature to the series finale is very dark.
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I looove Jekyll (heeehee just recently discovered it on BBCA OnDemand ) but it's not for Doctor who in my opinion ..

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              Well, you'r;e aboutt o get your wish. With the exception of Blink, the entire run of episodes frmo Human Nature to the series finale is very dark.
              Blink is quite dark, definately the scariest.

Jekyll was an awesome show and it's a crime that it's not getting a second season however it would be awfull as a Who episode. How would you even work the doctor into the storyline?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                Blink is quite dark, definately the scariest.

Jekyll was an awesome show and it's a crime that it's not getting a second season however it would be awfull as a Who episode. How would you even work the doctor into the storyline?
                Blink is scary, yes, but it's not as Dark as anythign that comes after it, methinks.
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

It couldn't be used in Dr Who because Moffat re-uses a couple of bits from his old Dr Who scripts, and he can't re-use them in the same series. RTD has got that franchise.
                  My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

The second episode airs tonight in Canada, and I thought the first was brilliant. But I would never use the story in Doctor Who; it's a fantastic show as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      The second episode airs tonight in Canada, and I thought the first was brilliant. But I would never use the story in Doctor Who; it's a fantastic show as it is.
                      Just wait. It gets better.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                        Very much so. My sympathy is with Pitry, who gave up too soon, and missed out on a brilliant show.
                        My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                          No kidding! Loved last night's as well- even better than the first.

Comment

Working...
                          X