This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the speculation begin?

According to RTD, the series 4 catchword(s) were mentioned twice in Sound of Drums/ Last of the Time Lords, once by
    Spoiler:
    The Master

Any takers?
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Say my name.

Okay, I can't remember if the Doctor actually said it, but it's got that iconic quality.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      According to RTD, the series 4 catchword(s) were mentioned twice in Sound of Drums/ Last of the Time Lords, once by
      Spoiler:
      The Master

Any takers?
      Oh no! I don't like these words of the series things, Bad Wolf just left me more confused then entertained... as for Saxon, well I only realised it was the word in the last ep.

Hmm, something to do with Gallifrey?

Comment

Spoiler:
        The Vortex?

Comment

Spoiler:
          Chameleon Arch?
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Spoiler:
            Telletubbies

Comment

Poop. I've watched pretty much everything he's said in those episodes half a dozen times and can't think at all...

Wait,
              Spoiler:
              The hand?

Too obvious?

ETA:
              Spoiler:
              Axons?
              Last edited by Anubis69; 22 August 2007, 06:22 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Don't forget RTD is very good at misdirection. Don't bother thinking too hard.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                  Wait,
                  Spoiler:
                  The hand?

Too obvious?
                  Well... All I could think about that ending was "Jeez, doesn't the Doctor remember
                  Spoiler:
                  'The Hand of Fear'? Remove any jewelry, you fool!"

So my guess is something like
                  Spoiler:
                  ring.
                  Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Anubis69's second option
                    Spoiler:
                    I doubt it. I mean, it's way too obvious and it's way too straight-forward. Axons were already seen in Doctor Who, there's a limit as to how much you can catchphrase that.

First option. - real series 4 minor spoilers...
                    Spoiler:
                    Problematic. They already said there's an arc for the hand - also quite obvious from the way they concentrated no it being in the TARDIS now, so I doubt it's the catch phrase/word/thingie.

Erm,
                    Spoiler:
                    I wonder if it's Gallifrey. Gallifrey was mentioned a couple of times, by both the Doctor and the Master in Sound of Drums and then once in Last of the Time Lords by the Master. However I doubt it, unless they're planning something insane such as bringing back gallifrey....
                    "rift" was said twice by the Master.
                    And then there are the speculations about "civilisation zero", kone of the DVD covers in Bluink that made quite an odd appearance in the BBC website for Sound of Drums. And the Master did say the world civilisation
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I liked the sound of
                      Spoiler:
                      Civilisation zero
                      , also seems to me the most likely one of the ones mentioned so far. Could be
                      Spoiler:
                      Gallifrey
                      but I'm fairly certain that the Doctor would notice a word like that being bandied around alot and there is only one imaginable way such an arc would end

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                        I liked the sound of
                        Spoiler:
                        Civilisation zero
                        , also seems to me the most likely one of the ones mentioned so far. Could be
                        Spoiler:
                        Gallifrey
                        but I'm fairly certain that the Doctor would notice a word like that being bandied around alot and there is only one imaginable way such an arc would end
                        But ti would be such an insanely cool way, don't you think?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Could the hand be something to do with the Valeyard?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            But ti would be such an insanely cool way, don't you think?
                            For an actual show finale that would be pretty cool but as a season finale, it would make the next season nowhere near as good.

Comment

Well my first option is something to do with Gallifray. For RTD to be allowd to make major changes to the shows history, the BBC would have probably put conditions on this in that he reverse things in the future.

In any case I expect to see the return of Gallifray or at least the time lords by the end of the next series.

Then again it's also been mentioned that for the next series a single episode is being filmed in a seperate block (a block normally being 3 or 4 eps\stories at a time) behing closed doors and in secret.

RTD has said of the mid series episode that we are taking Dr Who into uncharted territory and doing something we have never done before?.

Speculate on the secret episode then?.

Prehaps a Davros story without the Daleks?
                              A Dalek story for 4 series running?, which has not been done since the 60's
                              The Doctor meets one of his parents?
                              Susan returns?

Comment

Working...
                              X