No announcement yet.

Favorite Episode Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the season Season III episode Season of Death last night. - In a nutshell, this episode was a great opener that sets up the season really well. I actually quite liked Aeryn's revival, although it did seem a bit of a cop-out, I think it will work in the long-term. There are many new threads left hanging, so in that respect for a season opener it works well too, as we get hints of what's to come. From the things I've read and the fact that a Scarran unexpectedly appears, I expect this season to have some interesting revelations on the Scorpy front. Hats off then to Richard Manning for a great story, and Ian Watson for more excellent direction, which made the episode fly by at a blistering pace. Farscape just keeps getting better and better, and with such a good opener I expect some big things from this season. I must quickly mention some brilliantly squeamish shots – Scorpius eating some of John's brain and more disgusting was Grunchlk having to bit off his finger. Can you say "BBC cuts"?. So, good stuff, and with the events of this episode it's not hard to see why this truly was the "Season of Death".
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

The liars, guns and money trilogy just love them episodes
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
        I watched the season Season III episode Season of Death last night. - In a nutshell, this episode was a great opener that sets up the season really well. I actually quite liked Aeryn's revival, although it did seem a bit of a cop-out, I think it will work in the long-term. There are many new threads left hanging, so in that respect for a season opener it works well too, as we get hints of what's to come. From the things I've read and the fact that a Scarran unexpectedly appears, I expect this season to have some interesting revelations on the Scorpy front. Hats off then to Richard Manning for a great story, and Ian Watson for more excellent direction, which made the episode fly by at a blistering pace. Farscape just keeps getting better and better, and with such a good opener I expect some big things from this season. I must quickly mention some brilliantly squeamish shots – Scorpius eating some of John's brain and more disgusting was Grunchlk having to bit off his finger. Can you say "BBC cuts"?. So, good stuff, and with the events of this episode it's not hard to see why this truly was the "Season of Death".

Yes, I loved this episode. But I think I spent half or more of Season 3 sniffling ... the writers really put us through the ringer on this one!!

I'm not sure I would call the squemish parts "brilliant" ... just a personal opinion, I had to turn my head

Comment

Season II Episode Home on the Remains

"Home on the Remains" is by far the goriest episode of Farscape we've yet seen. It had some very gruesome scenes, and was fuelled by a dark overtone, and yet I quite liked it. Well, it was better than some of the dren we've been getting lately. That and I'm a bit partial to gore (as long as it serves a purpose).

One of the most striking things about the episode in general is definitely the stunning visuals. From the sets on the Budong, to the aforementioned gore, the designs and imagery used in this episode were fantastic and quite unique. The aliens had the usual interesting look about them that we see so often thanks to the wonderful imaginations of the people at the Henson Creature Shop, and the only thing that let the visuals down a little was that the Keedva looked a bit stupid. At least I thought so; to me he reminded me of one of the apes from "Planet of the Apes", but that could just be my freaky mind.

I liked that we saw a bit more history from Chiana, since really we know very little about her, particularly compared to the other characters. So far the little back-story we've seen has been in her debut (Durka Returns) and in Taking the Stone, so it's nice to not only find out a little drizzle more, but also to see her past actions catching up with her. It was made clear she had previously chose Temmon over B'Sogg, although the latter obviously was after her too, since he later wants her indefinitely in exchange for food. But he was a downright evil person, who killed his brother and everyone else just to keep control of the food. So I can't say I was sad to see Chiana shoot the Budong, and then all the poison flow over his hand and shrivel it, although that scene was particularly disgusting, especially when all the flesh fell to the floor. I also liked the way Chiana finished Temmon off at the start of the episode. She's never one to like seeing people suffer, and she definitely is the type of character that would rather put someone out of their misery than watch them suffer.

The other key story that evolved over the episode was what appeared to be a huge leap in the D'Argo-Chiana relationship. Although things move quite fast during this episode, the seeds were sown in Mind the Baby (see the movie theatre for the deleted scene between the two), and also in Vitas Mortis when Chiana does his washing, but D'Argo really shows his feelings proper in this episode. I loved the way he got very jealous when B'Sogg was all over Chiana, especially when he punched B'Sogg (can you tell I really didn't like the man?), and I also thought the conversation he had with Altana about Chiana was really nice, mainly because it's one of the few times we actually get to hear his true feelings. He's often so hard, and hides his true feelings when he speaks, that it was nice to see him open up, even for a few moments. Anyway, it would appear that Chiana might just feel the same way, so it looks like their may be a new romance in the air, even if it does come a little out of the blue (although there have been a few seeds sown).

Another interesting plot in this episode was the Zhaan budding saga, which I have to say was something that most shows would never even attempt (although most shows wouldn't make one of the lead characters a plant). It was again nice to learn some more about her character, because since the "I'm a plant" bombshell was dropped, we haven't really seen much of what implications this has. So here, we learn that Delvians bud when they starve, and produce poisonous spores to kill animals, which they then eat. Now whilst I found that fascinating, what I found more interesting was the way this condition made raw feelings show, as she returned once more unto the dark side, although this time not by choice. I like seeing the darker side of Zhaan, as it gives some insight into her feelings at the raw emotional level. She shows her hate for Peacekeepers for what they did to Delvia, and she lashes out at Aeryn, who we know was really trying to help, and the brutal fight where Zhaan strikes Aeryn down was well done, particularly the way Aeryn has to headbutt her to help; it kind of brings the brutality full circle, in that it makes Zhaan nasty but then helps her.

One thing that was a little disturbing was John murdering the Keedva. Now I know he's been through a lot of changes, and he's not quite the innocent man he was when he first arrived here, and that he needed meat for Zhaan, but I was left thinking that had this been a while ago, he would have chosen to look for the meat instead of killing the Keedva. Instead, rather than leave it locked in behind the door he first traps his hand, and then just kills it in the bar. I found that quite indicative, in a subtle way, of the change that John has gone through, and I did feel a little sorry for the poor thing. The scene he had with Rygel when the Keedva first came after them was hilarious though; I love it when the two characters fight – they have such great chemistry.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

human reaction

this episode is exactly what made the show so great, superb story telling

Comment

the Fifth Race, I'm thoroughly enjoying your reviews. It's been a while since I've ready any of the varying Farscape episodes, and being that I'm preparing to rewatch the entire series, it's heartwarming to see someone over here so dedicated to thoroughly analyzing them, bit by bit.

My favorite episode in the series is The Choice. It's a close call; there are a lot of really, really good episodes. This show is actually my second-favorite of all time, very closely following the new Battlestar Galactica. (Sorry, Stargate, SG-1 and Atlantis are third and fourth.)

The Choice was so very rife with character development focused squarely on Aeryn, and I just loved it to pieces.

Honorable mention to near-the-tops goes to: (and when I mention a duology or trilogy, I tend to mean entirely, as I see them as one big episode) Nerve, Hidden Memory, Crackers Don't Matter, A Clockwork Nebari, Look at the Princess, Liars, Guns and Money, Meltdown, Infinite Possibilities, Into the Lion's Den, Dog With Two Bones, Unrealized Reality, Terra Firma, A Constellation of Doubt, Prayer, We're So Screwed and The Peacekeeper Wars.

Wow, that's a lot of honorable mentions. I tried to be as trimming as possible, too. In case you haven't noticed, I really, really liked the second through third seasons and back half of the fourth.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I'm still working my way through the episodes for the first time. I really enjoyed the Season 4 episode "Kansas" -- although the show is always humorous and makes me smile, this was the first episode that made me laugh out loud! Poor Rygel and his instant addiction to candy...reminded me of my kids!

Comment

Working...
                X