No announcement yet.

John/Aeryn Ship, pics, fics and discussion, spoilers for all seasons plus PKW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I still maintain that this is the only case I've seen where the realization of the ship actually improved the quality of the show. Most of the time, series lose their spark when the protagonists get together but Farscape only got better. This is my all-time favorite tv romance...because it was just so beautifully written.

TPTB made a brave choice to make the J/A relationship the focus in the last two seasons (and even some of 2), and I think it paid off. The most interesting thing about their relationship though is that it's such a subtle progression...there is no BIG moment and then suddenly they're a couple (at least not when they first get together). I mean, maybe I missed it but is there a definitive moment where they become an "official" couple. It just seems like they organically move to that point and are pretty much there by the end of season 2. Plus, even when they weren't together you could see how in tune they were with each other.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

wow stef.. i love your banner
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
        Well, I'll have to rock the boat and say "no" - re the J/A relationship. But bear with me here ...

I seem to recall from one of the earlier commentaries that featured BB and CB that they were talking about this. [I'm guess either Premier or I, ET (now I'll have to go rent the DVD from Netflix again just to watch the commentaries)]

They made the comment that TPTB did now want to throw them together but that BB and CB were all for getting the two characters together. Hence, whenever they would both fall in whatever scene they were shooting, the actors made sure they fell on top of each other, even when it was written she went that way and he went the other way.

Claudia even commented about the opening for FS (where Aeryn cuts her eyes to John and sort of does a double-take) and comments that she was surprised they kept that shot in there.

All I can think of is that I must have dreamed it or misinterpreted what they were hearing or SOMETHING, because I can't seem to find anybody else who even remembers this.

Of course after filming the first two shows, TPTB may have threw up their hands in disgust and said "Fine, have it your way" and from then on it was the J/A ship.

I don't know anymore ... like I said, I'll have to rent the DVD again (it's the old ADV DVD's) and watch the commentary again. But I have two DVD's left to finish S2 and then get to start on S3 which I still haven't seen very many episodes of, so it may be a little while
        I can't remember where it was that I heard that, but I think I very vaguely remember hearing that, that J/A originally wasn't going to happen but BB and CB were all for it and eventually that's why it happened. Of course, after the first two episodes it would be pretty hard to see anything but J/A ;D
        Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

very true
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post

They made the comment that TPTB did now want to throw them together but that BB and CB were all for getting the two characters together.
            I remember that as well, however, I believe (or at least got the impression) that they meant the producers didn't want them to get together too quickly. They wanted to be sure of the chemistry and/or prolong the angst.

Either way, the way John looked at Aeryn when he fist saw her, there's no doubt that they had it in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              I mean, maybe I missed it but is there a definitive moment where they become an "official" couple.

-Stef

I'd say the closest thing is Twice Shy in season 4.

Comment

that would be my guess as well... although i do love in the WSS arc
                Spoiler:
                when they share the dance in the elevator and no longer hide their relationship from the rest of the crew on Moya.

so fav kiss (or kisses) if ya cant narrow it down to just one.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  when they share the dance in the elevator and no longer hide their relationship from the rest of the crew on Moya.

I got a pic from that show.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

very nice aint it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                      Spoiler:

At the moment (which could change by tomorrow lol)

The kiss at the end of Season of Death

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

yea thats certainly one hot kiss
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, and the one in my sig...
                          sigpic

Comment

yup lovely as well

as are these picxz

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Kiss from Meltdown

Naughty mist
                              Spoiler:

sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

more

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X