The Scorpius Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scorpius Thread

Scorpius is simultaneously one of the most repulsive and most fascinating characters in any television series. Wayne Pygram shined as Scorpius and IMHO was the best character in a show full of great characters. He is also one of the best villains ever written for a television show. He is quite complicated, calculating, confident, ruthless yet sometimes sympathetic. Scorpy went a long way in making the series what it was.

Discuss anything and everything Scorpy and his doppelganger here.....
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 26 August 2007, 04:01 AM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Yes, Scorpy was definitely one of the most...villainous villains in history! He was so menacing and witty and just plain scary at times, and he changed so much throughout the entire show.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Yes, Scorpy is the coolest villain ever. He's one of those you just can't kill.

But I'm particularly fond of Harvey. Anybody who can wear a Hawaiian shirt and leather at the same time, carry Margueritas, and still looks cool ranks pretty high with me.

A favorite Scorpy scene, and I can't remember which show it's from, but where Scorpy is in one of his (many?) command carriers and always makes a "show" of sitting down in the chair. Always at an angle, head cocked sideways, sort of like he's "striking a pose".

I read / heard it somewhere, but someone mentioned to Wayne Pygram that Harvey was more pale than Scorpius, and all Wayne did was comment on how "perceptive" the fan was - did not deny or confirm the comment.

Anyone else notice this? I've paid attention to the shows since hearing that comment and it seems like Scorpy does have a bit more color than Harvey.

Comment

the ep is i believe Family Ties...
        Spoiler:
        when he takes command from the moody Cpt. Crais.

i placed it behind the spoiler cut, cuz there may still be people who havent seen the eps or are just starting to watch 'em...and dont wanna spoil it.

i also loved how Wayne and Ben played off of each other as well..

pretty damned sure i have the pic someplace in all my many photos.. but who knwos.
        Last edited by CKO; 21 August 2007, 04:32 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I just love Wayne. He is HAWT!!! ::thud::

Please don't confuse that with Scorpy. Scorpy freaks me out! Wayne was deliciously evil as Scorpy. I think Scorpy beats Darth Vader as the best villain ever!
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            Scorpy went a long way in making the series what it was.
            I couldn't agree more with that. Scorpius did indeed add so much to Farscape as a whole. His character evolved so much over the course of the four seasons and The PKWs miniseries. He was a character who could switch from being friend to foe in a heartbeat. I loved that about him.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Without Scorpius the show wouldn't have been as half as good as it was. He is definitely one of my all time favorite villians.

Loved Harvey too. And yeah I kind of noticed the differance in coloration that MFA mentioned.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

yes he's the villian that we all love to hate at times... but he does add the flair to the series too
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post

But I'm particularly fond of Harvey. Anybody who can wear a Hawaiian shirt and leather at the same time, carry Margueritas, and still looks cool ranks pretty high with me.
                  Harvey is a trip. He's like a combination of a Scorpius' conniving nature and Crichton's increasing insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123 View Post
                    Harvey is a trip. He's like a combination of a Scorpius' conniving nature and Crichton's increasing insanity.
                    And it is a thing of beauty to watch. Harvey provided so many funny Farscape moments.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

One of my favorite quotes regarding Harvey

"There's no smoking in my head!"

That's going to make absolutely no sense to someone who hasn't scene any Harvey eps, but it really works in that episode.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                        One of my favorite quotes regarding Harvey

"There's no smoking in my head!"

That's going to make absolutely no sense to someone who hasn't scene any Harvey eps, but it really works in that episode.
                        LOL, I can remember that scene vividly Thunderstorm, good call.

Speaking of Harvey, do any of you collect any kind of Farscape memoribilia?. I wouldn't call myself a big collector, but I used to collect Farscape and Star Trek cards. I recently went through my rather huge collection and found 3 of these gems hidden away in stacks and stacks of cards.

http://www.miamiscifi.com/hasjocrbbrwa.html
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

What a character! When he first appeared in 'Nerve' I was stunned by his cold sadistic personality which was highlighted further by the amazingly horrific outfit! Scorpius retained this horrible revolting aspect throughout but it was coupled with an underlying need to be something other than what he was. This was played on beautifully making the audience almost sympathise with him whilst still being repulsed by his heartless character.

What he put poor Crichton through is morbidly riveting! Truely a villain up there with the best of the villains!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            What he put poor Crichton through is morbidly riveting! Truely a villain up there with the best of the villains!
                            That's a great term. Capture my fascination of him perfectly. You'd think with the hell he put Crichton thru that we'd really just hate him but they balance it so well that while I'm not sure I am sympathetic for him, I want to see more of him and I can't imagine Farscape without him.

I do wonder what he is mentally going thru with the having to constantly battle the Scarran half of his psyche. And the physical torment of body with the Scarran half craving the heat and the Peacekeeper half needing to be cool.
                            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                              That's a great term. Capture my fascination of him perfectly. You'd think with the hell he put Crichton thru that we'd really just hate him but they balance it so well that while I'm not sure I am sympathetic for him, I want to see more of him and I can't imagine Farscape without him.

I do wonder what he is mentally going thru with the having to constantly battle the Scarran half of his psyche. And the physical torment of body with the Scarran half craving the heat and the Peacekeeper half needing to be cool.
                              Even though he did do so many evil things, it is hard not to feel for his character. Especially after seeing what he went through in his early years in Season 3's "Incubator".
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X