X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 complete series DVD set - UK release date

Hi.

First time poster here.
    Thought you guys would like to know that 20th Century Fox UK will be releasing the Stargate SG-1 complete series DVD set on 03/12/07 - just in time for christmas !!

No details yet on whether it will be exactly the same as the R1 set, but it probably will be. No price yet - probably very expensive !!

Here's where I got the info (see release schedule on right hand side and scroll to bottom of page)

http://fox.co.uk/dvd/coming-soon/

Nice!

03/12? Just in time for my birthday! Woo!

Edit: But i hope they'll release Atlantis Season 3 Box Set before christmas - probably won't though
    Last edited by Captain Chaap; 16 August 2007, 11:54 AM. Reason: Uuh, to write some more stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by AMD1001 View Post
      Hi.

First time poster here.
      Thought you guys would like to know that 20th Century Fox UK will be releasing the Stargate SG-1 complete series DVD set on 03/12/07 - just in time for christmas !!
      Thank you for the heads up!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Chaapaai993 View Post
        Nice!

03/12? Just in time for my birthday! Woo!

Edit: But i hope they'll release Atlantis Season 3 Box Set before christmas - probably won't though
        Atlantis - complete season 3 box set (and volume 3.5) is released
        14/01/08

Comment

Excellent, thanks for that, hopefully I can persuade my family that it will make a good xmas pressie for me
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder what the other Stargate dvd is.

It says "Stargate Tin (4 Disc Trilogy)"

What could that be?
            Last edited by D3K; 18 August 2007, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that..though it'll probably be expensive..think I'll stick with the Region 1 set, preordered when it was at $209, so I'll be getting it in October for a little over £100.

Good news for people without an unlocked dvd player though

Comment

Originally posted by D3K View Post
                I wonder what the other Stargate dvd is.

It says "Stargate Tin (4 Disc Trilogy)"

What could that be?
                Thats weird. "Stargate Tin" gives me hope that the extra discs will be available on their own. 4 Disc Trilogy is pretty odd though.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                  Thats weird. "Stargate Tin" gives me hope that the extra discs will be available on their own. 4 Disc Trilogy is pretty odd though.
                  I think it's more likely to be a typing error. I think they meant to put Star Wars - most likely they are re-releasing the 2004 4-disc trilogy set in tin packaging (something Fox UK is doing a lot these days).

There is no "stargate trilogy", and they are unlikely to release the four bonus discs on their own as these give an added incentive to buy the complete SG-1 set.

So probably a typo from some idiot who thinks that all sci-fi beginning with "star" is all the same .

Comment

Bet that will cost a bomb having all 10 seasons in one. Anyone know if it will feature anythign new that isn't on teh current box sets?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AMD1001 View Post
                      I think it's more likely to be a typing error. I think they meant to put Star Wars - most likely they are re-releasing the 2004 4-disc trilogy set in tin packaging (something Fox UK is doing a lot these days).
                      That makes sense, pretty sloppy. I thought that it was actually in the description for the complete set, but checking the set now you must be right.

Comment

Just been looking on Amazon.co.uk and the complete box set has been listed, priced at £187.49 for now Stargate Box Set

Just thought I'd let you all know

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNatalis View Post
                          Just been looking on Amazon.co.uk and the complete box set has been listed, priced at £187.49 for now Stargate Box Set

Just thought I'd let you all know
                          Thanks for the link; apparently, searching for "Stargate SG-1" on Amazon is a waste of time, since the newer releases are being labelled "Stargate S.G. 1". Took me ages before I realised the season 9 boxset had been released for the same reason.

At only £187.49, I'm tempted... but I've already bought the first four seasons, and it'll be cheaper to complete my collection with the existing boxsets. Plus, I doubt I have a shelf large enough for a ten season mega-boxset!
                          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Thank for the heads up! I've been waiting for news on that.
                            I'm also tempted but like you Calhoun i have started collecting them in the individaul season boxsets. So has my sister maybe i could sell mine to her. What a decision to make!
                            sigpicThe right thing starts at the beginning of the day

Comment

I'm not sure whether to get it or not. I have all seasons except 10 on either individual DVD or VHS. Getting the complete box set would mean I could get rid of the VHS cassettes (Seeing as my video is up the spout most of the time and I'm not going to buy a new one) and would be tidier and easier to store. All those separate DVDs take up a lot of space and I assume the complete box set might be a bit smaller?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X