Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. Jackson, how are your legs? (MASSIVE CONTINUUM SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Jackson, how are your legs? (MASSIVE CONTINUUM SPOILERS)

Not really massive spoilers...Just stupid ones...

'In attempting to restore their own history, the members of SG-1 pursue separate pathways. Dr. Jackson is not in the Arctic because his character has lost a leg, a problem he wrestles with throughout much of the film. This allowed Shanks to explore darker, more bitter territory than ever before. When the reset button is triggered, however, Daniel Jackson apparently ends the film hale and whole, ready for the next adventure.

Drawing upon childhood memories of his grandfather, who had lost a leg in World War II, Shanks recalled times spent pondering and observing the reality of life without a limb. He also spent considerable time practicing a one-legged walk.'

So because Shanks couldn't make it to the arctic shoot, they've added the twist of 'he's lost his leg for some reason, that's why.'

Man....Am I the only one who thinks this is awful?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Just read this on the main page.

It's an...interesting way to explain why he wasn't in the Arctic, I suppose...
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

OMG ....................thats terrible .................... scandalous.................i mean,come on .....................why does shanks get the red phone? .................its s or s
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
        So because Shanks couldn't make it to the arctic shoot, they've added the twist of 'he's lost his leg for some reason, that's why.'

No you're not the only one.
        Plus the whole reset button thing, IT'S GETTING REALLY OLD, PEOPLE!
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

(sigh) I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need to get new writers in.

Anyone up for a beer?
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Not really massive spoilers...Just stupid ones...

'In attempting to restore their own history, the members of SG-1 pursue separate pathways. Dr. Jackson is not in the Arctic because his character has lost a leg, a problem he wrestles with throughout much of the film. This allowed Shanks to explore darker, more bitter territory than ever before. When the reset button is triggered, however, Daniel Jackson apparently ends the film hale and whole, ready for the next adventure.

Drawing upon childhood memories of his grandfather, who had lost a leg in World War II, Shanks recalled times spent pondering and observing the reality of life without a limb. He also spent considerable time practicing a one-legged walk.'

I thinks it good idea to see how Dr jackson would cope with a handcap
            So its just me then ok mapp how about that bear
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
              I thinks it good idea to see how Dr jackson would cope with a handcap
              So its just me then ok mapp how about that bear
              Spoiler:

Enjoy.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Enjoy.
                Ohh thanks make fun of my spelling mistakes how original
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

Too much?

sigpic

Comment

Too much?
                    Just a little
                    So what do people think about jackson leg i am the only one who thinks its a good idea
                    sigpic
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

*sips beer* Beats me. I think it's terrible.

sigpic

Comment

I think it'll depend how they do it, people do lose limbs and I think it could be done well, I am with-holding judgement until I see it.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          I think it'll depend how they do it, people do lose limbs and I think it could be done well, I am with-holding judgement until I see it.
                          Yeah but doesn't it mean nothing if there's a reset button after it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                            Just a little
                            So what do people think about jackson leg i am the only one who thinks its a good idea
                            No you are not the only one...But I am a huge fan of Whumped Daniel plus, I'd like to see a Daniel much more vulnerable and insecure of himself...
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Yeah but doesn't it mean nothing if there's a reset button after it?
                              Hopefully it will not be that easy to reset just to press a button maybe if have sam fiddle with for a while and be shot at, at the same time
                              sigpic
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                              X