This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DW fanvids with a sense of adventure

I've been poking around in Doctor Who fan videos and I am generally not impressed. Most are poorly constructed and far too many are of a gooey romantic bent.

Can anyone recommend any good Doctor Who fanvids that portray a sense of adventure or fun? --Basically which answer the question of why would anyone travel the time vortex?

My preference is for new series 3/29 (the season that premiered this year), but well-constructed videos for any Doctors are welcome.

So far the only one I've found that I would call both good and close to the spirit I'm looking for is Doctor/Martha Tribute #2: Ordinary Day by TenFan89.
    Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Well I'm in the process of making one that's not particularly gooey and more about the adventure side. I'll let you know when it's done

Comment

that vid was ok but if you want to know were some of the best doctor who fan vids are this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/BabelColour makes the best.

he done tirbue vids for ever doctor and some other great vids like time war and a tirbue to every single classic ep

also http://www.youtube.com/user/Calapine that person has made a cool vid are two what about every thing and The Black Parade are my fave
      Last edited by lord-anubis; 14 August 2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I'd found BabelColour, but somehow I hadn't encoutered Calapine. Looking at hers, I also stumbled upon A Tribute To Ace by Brandon aka leathertuskadero. That was entertaining.
        Last edited by Wordsmit2; 08 February 2008, 09:52 AM. Reason: new address
        Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

I love this one,

Babel's Doctor Who Tribute 10: David Tennant It's excellent, I love it.
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

There is one by 'rohboat' called Dr. Who on holiday(Daleks V Cybermen), unfortunetly I have no idea where you can get it on line. I dl it ages ago. I looked on Youtube for it but the only ones on there with the same song have a different vid. *shrugs*

Comment

There's a link in my sig to my fanvids, one is just clips taken from the extras on the season 2 dvds of Cybermen playing football in the park

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2 View Post
                I've been poking around in Doctor Who fan videos and I am generally not impressed. Most are poorly constructed and far too many are of a gooey romantic bent.

Can anyone recommend any good Doctor Who fanvids that portray a sense of adventure or fun? --Basically which answer the question of why would anyone travel the time vortex?

My preference is for new series 3/29 (the season that premiered this year), but well-constructed videos for any Doctors are welcome.

I don't remember the name of this one... but if you put Dr Who vs Star Trek (or vice versa...Star Trek vs Dr Who...) you might get this series of videos where an actor portraying Jon Pertwee's Doctor fights an actor playing Captain Kirk. Not slashy at all-- pretty funny actually. It's a competition to see who is stronger/better.
                "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

This is one of my favorites--it's all about the Tenth Doctor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdBy18nDtc

Comment

Originally posted by Jonisa View Post

That was amazing!!! Thanks!

Comment

That was awesome! Well edited, really shows the dark side of the tenth doctor. Anyone who says DW doesn't have much action really needs to see this video.
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Yes! I'd found that one, but I didn't mention it here, because it's dark, not "fun". Definitely "good". Shouldn't be watched by anyone getting a headache, though.
                        Last edited by Wordsmit2; 20 August 2007, 08:56 AM.
                        Wordsmit2

Comment

Here's the best one I've found for all the running in DW:

Runnin' - Doctor Who Fanvid by vxangelkissxv aka Cait F. The author knows how to use editing, pace, and beat to make a video interesting and fun.
                          Wordsmit2

Comment

Oooh, that Tenth Doctor One is very good.
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Some history. (Not sure *all* of these portray a sense of "adventure or fun", but many do, and they make a nice grouping.)

Doctor Who - The Companions by cdmartinus. The classic companions, about half with character clips. Personally, I'd axe the twenty-five second title sequence at the beginning.

Doctor Who- Walk of Life by rctype40. All the companions through Martha, plus a few others. Slideshow vid, song by Billie Piper. I don't know what the emphasis on the Tylers is all about, or why the beginning scene is unedited (one can skip the first 30 seconds without missing anything).

Doctor Who - Hanging by a Moment (Doctor/Sarah Jane) by nastally. Now and then. Visual quality is rather dark.

Knight in Shining Armour - A Doctor Who Music Video by cosmicllin. Harry Sullivan is *not* an imbecile.

Doctor Who: Saga of the Companions: The Brigadier by TheBigBlueBox. The Brigadier through the years. Finishes with *the* quote. Some glimpses of the original Master between 1:51 and 2:07, and cameos by Doctors 2-5 and 7 here and there.

Doctor Who: Saga of the Companions: Liz Shaw by TheBigBlueBox

Sisterhood - A Doctor Who Music Video by cosmicllin. The female companions, Sarah to Ace. Not quite as well composed as the other videos in this list.

Doctor Who Journeys in the Tardis - Murray Gold fanvid by outland101. Set to a Murray Gold piece, Rose's first trip in the TARDIS, and ours back in 1963 and a few since then. The music *really* makes this. Superb editing until 4:51, at which there is a sudden and complete change of topic.
                              Last edited by Wordsmit2; 22 November 2007, 10:24 PM.
                              Wordsmit2

Comment

Working...
                              X