Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Torchwood Dates

  1. #1
    Staff Sergeant The Ascended One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stargate Command
    Posts
    64

    Default Torchwood Dates

    Why do we have to wait an entire year to watch season 2? i know for other shows it is a couple of months but if you start watching torchwood s1 in january and early feb by january next year you would have lost 'touch' with the show as it hasnt been on for over a year

  2. #2
    Captain Billz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bracknell, South England
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ascended One View Post
    Why do we have to wait an entire year to watch season 2? i know for other shows it is a couple of months but if you start watching torchwood s1 in january and early feb by january next year you would have lost 'touch' with the show as it hasnt been on for over a year
    2 Possible Reasons
    1. Not enough for a decent budget for season 2 at the moment.
    2. They may be still be trying to think of ways to make season 2 not 'suck' as much as season 1 did.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

    Doctor: "And what is the question?"

    Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

    Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".


  3. #3
    Captain MasySyma's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pining for more Haven, Grimm, and Continuum
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Perhaps because they are still filming Season 2. They let Season 1 air in its entirity before they made the decision to make the next season.

    That and the Who universe seems to take longer when making episodes and shows. The wait is worth it though, although I can't speak for Torchwood.

    I'm waiting to see Season 1.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll


    "And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

  4. #4
    Colonel Admiral Mappalazarou's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Billz View Post
    They may be still be trying to think of ways to make season 2 not 'suck' as much as season 1 did.
    Thread over. Billz wins by default.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!


    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

  5. #5
    Major General Reefgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,125

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Dr Who takes a year to reach the screen as well, it just seems shorter because it's repeated so much, Torchwood has only been shown once as far as I know

  6. #6
    Lieutenant Colonel Naonak's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,994

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    It's partly because John Barrowman is a busy, busy man these days, so they had to start filming a little later than they probably would have done if he had been free.

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel The Signal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The End of the Universe
    Posts
    4,294

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    The reason is simple, S1 was rushed into production, and the post-production was also rushed, in fact IIRC they were still working on the show when it premiered. If anything had gone wrong in the last episode or two, they wouldn't have had enough time to fix the problem.

    This time they're giving themselves more time to do everything. The problem is, it takes 9 months to do everything, and this year (as far as I'm aware) they didn't start production on Torchwood until DW was finished, so they won't be done until December. It gives them plenty of time to do everything, without working while the show is airing.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

  8. #8
    Major Hulabaloo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AU Alpha Site
    Posts
    2,055

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Ooooh. I thought this was a thread telling us Torchwood air dates. Oh well.
    I don't mind the wait, I haven't seen the first season so the wait gives me time to buy it and watch it.

  9. #9
    Colonel Pitry's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    officially there...
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Torchwood is delayed for several reasons. Aongst the ones cited was the fact they barely had time to finish the episodes before airing them for series 1, thus being very happy they had no technical problems. Had they run into those, there would apparently have been no episode to air. (that was said by Julie Gardner)

    another reason I've heard several times but haven't seen any official quote about, was the fact that the ratings droppd for the last several episodes and they thought it's cos of Christmas and are therefore airing the show after Christmas.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P


  10. #10
    Major General
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,876

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    I spoke to Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) yesterday at a convention and he says that Torchwood will finish filming in November and air sometime in the middle of January. I asked him why the long break and he said something along the lines of "to make it better". Paraphrasing a bit but that was the gist of what he said.

  11. #11
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,371

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Has anyone heard anything about airdates for season one on CBC in Canada? And whether we'll go right into season two afterwards, or continue to stay a full year behind?

    All I've heard for season one is from the endless commercials for "fall" programming (with Torchwood on the list) they air during Doctor Who, but then never say when any of it is actually going to be on.

  12. #12
    Captain Angela V's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gating around the Universe
    Posts
    1,710

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about airdates for season one on CBC in Canada? And whether we'll go right into season two afterwards, or continue to stay a full year behind?

    All I've heard for season one is from the endless commercials for "fall" programming (with Torchwood on the list) they air during Doctor Who, but then never say when any of it is actually going to be on.
    Trek Girl,
    I've noticed that too. It's driving me nuts! Why advertise and not give us a date? I've also had some problems with their on-line guide so can't even get the Dr.Who schedule right. It looks like a repeat next week of Gridlock. Though I'm assuming it's because it's Labour Day weekend. Why else give us a repeat with only 3 episodes left to go? But I can't get the schedule to work beyond next monday.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

  13. #13
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,371

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Trek Girl,
    I've noticed that too. It's driving me nuts! Why advertise and not give us a date? I've also had some problems with their on-line guide so can't even get the Dr.Who schedule right. It looks like a repeat next week of Gridlock. Though I'm assuming it's because it's Labour Day weekend. Why else give us a repeat with only 3 episodes left to go? But I can't get the schedule to work beyond next monday.
    Frak! Repeat! And I was looking forward to the season finale falling on my birthday! (couldn't think of a better present than that!) Frak!

    I really wish CBC would get their act together, I actually just found a newspaper from a couple of days ago with an article regarding fall scheduleing, and it said that CBC was waiting until October- after all the other channels have unveiled their schedules, before they would announce theirs. Of course, I can't vouch for how accurate that article is, but it's really not fair to leave us hanging.

    Also, I've been wondering what timeslot they could possibley air it in! It'll have to be nine pm (news airs at ten, The Hour at 11- no way they'll run it at 12) which means we're going to have the sensors bleeping out the swearing or heavily edited episodes.

    Edit: I can't get a schedule to work beyond Monday either. Argh!

  14. #14
    Captain Angela V's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gating around the Universe
    Posts
    1,710

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Frak! Repeat! And I was looking forward to the season finale falling on my birthday! (couldn't think of a better present than that!) Frak!

    I really wish CBC would get their act together, I actually just found a newspaper from a couple of days ago with an article regarding fall scheduleing, and it said that CBC was waiting until October- after all the other channels have unveiled their schedules, before they would announce theirs. Of course, I can't vouch for how accurate that article is, but it's really not fair to leave us hanging.

    Also, I've been wondering what timeslot they could possibley air it in! It'll have to be nine pm (news airs at ten, The Hour at 11- no way they'll run it at 12) which means we're going to have the sensors bleeping out the swearing or heavily edited episodes.

    Edit: I can't get a schedule to work beyond Monday either. Argh!
    Okay I normally don't watch CBC (except for the odd movie and now Little Mosque on the Prairie and Doctor Who). Do they normally have a all schedule start LATER than everyone else?
    Hustler is on at 9pm and I only know what it is about because it airs ads during Dr. Who. I would assume Torchwood would get a 9pm airing too.
    Got the schedule to work a bit. The 10th is Canadian Country Music Awards THEN finally we get episode 11 Utopia on the 17th. Following monday has to episode title as of yet.
    Though they aren't being as bad as City tv. I gave up waiting for them to finish airing Battlestar Galactica's 2nd season. Rented from Rogers Videos just recently. Now guess what's showing up on City's schedule? Yep, BSG comes back for epsidoe 15 Scar on the 15th of Sept but now on Saturdays at 8pm (can't get the schedule for the saturday after) They aired episode 14 on APRIL 2nd! They are as bad as Sci-Fi in the USA.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

  15. #15
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,371

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Okay I normally don't watch CBC (except for the odd movie and now Little Mosque on the Prairie and Doctor Who). Do they normally have a all schedule start LATER than everyone else?
    Hustler is on at 9pm and I only know what it is about because it airs ads during Dr. Who. I would assume Torchwood would get a 9pm airing too.
    Got the schedule to work a bit. The 10th is Canadian Country Music Awards THEN finally we get episode 11 Utopia on the 17th. Following monday has to episode title as of yet.
    Though they aren't being as bad as City tv. I gave up waiting for them to finish airing Battlestar Galactica's 2nd season. Rented from Rogers Videos just recently. Now guess what's showing up on City's schedule? Yep, BSG comes back for epsidoe 15 Scar on the 15th of Sept but now on Saturdays at 8pm (can't get the schedule for the saturday after) They aired episode 14 on APRIL 2nd! They are as bad as Sci-Fi in the USA.
    Oddly enough, there was an article in my paper this morning about CityTV- and how they're trying to get rid of repeating programs that are purchased for SPACE because we're not the audience that they're trying to target. REALLY frustrating for those who don't subscribe to SPACE.

  16. #16
    Captain Angela V's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gating around the Universe
    Posts
    1,710

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Oddly enough, there was an article in my paper this morning about CityTV- and how they're trying to get rid of repeating programs that are purchased for SPACE because we're not the audience that they're trying to target. REALLY frustrating for those who don't subscribe to SPACE.
    You did NOT just say that! Frak Frak Frak! This is the bloody station that used to say "your federation station" when showing Star Trek! How am I suppose to watch ANY bleeping sci-fi/ fanasty if it's all on SPACE? eek. I guess they want more Top Model nonsense. And I'm sure those um p*rn movies in the middle of the night are so necessary! HA! Well, I hope at least they finish their run of Star Trek Voyager because I'm recording all those episodes on DVD. I got most of DS9. I was hoping they'd air Enterprise since I have them on tape at the moment.
    The ONLY shows I watch on City tv are sci-fi/fanasty. Guess I'm not considered their target audience. grumple.
    Or maybe you just had a nightmare!
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

  17. #17
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,371

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    You did NOT just say that! Frak Frak Frak! This is the bloody station that used to say "your federation station" when showing Star Trek! How am I suppose to watch ANY bleeping sci-fi/ fanasty if it's all on SPACE? eek. I guess they want more Top Model nonsense. And I'm sure those um p*rn movies in the middle of the night are so necessary! HA! Well, I hope at least they finish their run of Star Trek Voyager because I'm recording all those episodes on DVD. I got most of DS9. I was hoping they'd air Enterprise since I have them on tape at the moment.
    The ONLY shows I watch on City tv are sci-fi/fanasty. Guess I'm not considered their target audience. grumple.
    Or maybe you just had a nightmare!
    I wish. "rolleyes: Though I did notice that Atlantis is back on the schedule, for the time being anyway, no idea what season. Aside from BSG/Stargate, CityTV is a complete waste of time with the crap they're cranking out on that channel. I don't think I've watched anything on it since they stopped airing BSG last spring.

    On the bright side, October isn't looking so far away now (that it has been September for exactly one hour and fifty-six minutes ), and we'll hopefully have the rest of Doctor Who and Torchwood to see on CBC sooner rather than later.

    Though funnily enough, Utopia feels further away.....perhaps it's the fact that we have half a month before the season resumes?

  18. #18
    Captain Angela V's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gating around the Universe
    Posts
    1,710

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    I wish. "rolleyes: Though I did notice that Atlantis is back on the schedule, for the time being anyway, no idea what season. Aside from BSG/Stargate, CityTV is a complete waste of time with the crap they're cranking out on that channel. I don't think I've watched anything on it since they stopped airing BSG last spring.

    On the bright side, October isn't looking so far away now (that it has been September for exactly one hour and fifty-six minutes ), and we'll hopefully have the rest of Doctor Who and Torchwood to see on CBC sooner rather than later.

    Though funnily enough, Utopia feels further away.....perhaps it's the fact that we have half a month before the season resumes?
    Atlantis is on freaking season 1 again! I got season 2 on DVD anyway. I missed a few episodes during the first run and when City tv went right into season 1 once again, I bought season 2. Though it was on sale.
    I did miss the beginning of Gridlock from DW so I'm not too sad that episode is being re-run this Monday.
    BGS is ressuming with Scar on Saturday sept 15th at 9pm. I found out AFTER I rented season 2 from Rogers Video. I had given up on City showing the rest of season 2.

    I did catch an artcle about City being reinvented. I googled and found an article from the Globe and Mail. They are looking at fixing the station in the next 18 months. First maybe they should stop showing cr*p
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

  19. #19
    Major General Trek_Girl42's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Battlestar Galactica (B.C., Canada)
    Posts
    13,371

    Default Re: Torchwood Dates

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Atlantis is on freaking season 1 again! I got season 2 on DVD anyway. I missed a few episodes during the first run and when City tv went right into season 1 once again, I bought season 2. Though it was on sale.
    I did miss the beginning of Gridlock from DW so I'm not too sad that episode is being re-run this Monday.
    BGS is ressuming with Scar on Saturday sept 15th at 9pm. I found out AFTER I rented season 2 from Rogers Video. I had given up on City showing the rest of season 2.

    I did catch an artcle about City being reinvented. I googled and found an article from the Globe and Mail. They are looking at fixing the station in the next 18 months. First maybe they should stop showing cr*p
    Ain't that the solution to everything.

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. What is Torchwood
    By Pharaoh Atem in forum Torchwood
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 4th, 2007, 07:06 PM
  2. Torchwood/doctor Who Bbc Air Dates?
    By unruhbrady in forum Torchwood
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 4th, 2007, 07:30 AM
  3. My beef with Torchwood
    By Admiral Mappalazarou in forum Torchwood
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM
  4. Torchwood scores big for BBC 3
    By Dave C in forum Torchwood
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: November 4th, 2006, 01:41 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 8th, 2006, 06:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •