This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brotherhood ZPM

think we're ever find that ZPM that they took from us?

I doubt it
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
      think we're ever find that ZPM that they took from us?
      Possibly, but with Rodney at the scientific helm, a single ZPM isn't going to do much or be around long .
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

If Rodney had kept his mouth shut, they wouldn't have lost the ZPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          Possibly, but with Rodney at the scientific helm, a single ZPM isn't going to do much or be around long .
          haha yeah he is naughty......
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I don't think they will ever get it, if McKay had been quiet they could have kept it, but it makes for great television so its ok.

Comment

I think that, if we ever get our hands on it, it will be one of those things that will pop up in later seasons.

And its not entirely, McKays fault that the ZPM was stolen, after all we all know he isnt exactly skilled when talking to women.

Comment

All Rodney had to do was keep his mouth shut about the expedition not being Ancient descendants. Loosing the ZPM is completely McKay's fault.

Comment

Who;'s to say they had not already figured that the crew was not ancients before McCay said what he did, and therefore already planned on betraying them like they did.

Comment

It was made quite clear that they only took the ZPM back, because McKay told them they were not the true Ancients.

Comment

Technically, yes, it's his fault. But it's not like he did it knowing he shouldn't have done it. It was an accidental culture shock.

It's like me putting you in jail or something because in my world, er, writing in blue is against the law, or something.

Comment

im guessing they hid the zpm less sophisticated method than the brotherhood had done with all their puzzle and such...

i think they just buried it in the ground and said 'okay everyone remember where we buried it'
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sure they will find it at some point! I think it'll be thrown in out of the blue to allow them to get the extra power needed for some crazy plan.

What they should have done was when they got back in to Atlantis, dial that planet up & block their gate. Load a few PJ's up with anybody who has ever held a gun before then send them through. Use the PJ to scan for it on the surface. If they find it, send everyone to take it at all costs against the primitive locals.

If they just missed it, take the DHD's crystal to stop them using the gate again. Then take the last few dialled gate addresses to as small a number as they could (think it was 50 in the MW, but Pegasus gates are more advanced so the addresses may be more easier to get in smaller numbers). Once you have them, send cloaked PJ's through each one & scan for the ZPM's output. Always stay cloaked so as to not alert the locals of your presence.

Do it to all the planets & your bound to find it eventually. However the moment Daedalus arrived in S2. They should have used it to go to all the planets & scan for the ZPM directly from orbit. They used satellites to check for it in 'Moebius'.

"CARTER: We did an extensive satellite sweep of the Giza plateau searching for an energy signature like the one given off by the Z.P.M. we found at Taonas. Even if it's buried under dirt and rock, we should have been able to detect it. We found nothing. I'm sorry, Daniel, but if it's there, it's probably been depleted."

I think the Daedalus scanners thanks to the Asgard will be much more efficient & quicker at detecting it than human satellites could ever be.

From 'Avalon':

MARKS: Well thanks to the Asgard sensors, we were able to map around the energy distortion that would have normally fooled deep ground sonar. I was able to define a large main cavern, network of tunnels and some smaller caves.

Realistically it would have always been high on their priority list to track it down. It's not like they had to cover the each planet's surface on foot. They had PJ's with advanced sensors, then a few weeks/months later they had an uber spaceship at their disposal that could scan each planet directly from orbit. The Wraith could never catch them the moment they jumped into hyperspace, therefore they would have pulled out all the stops to get their hands on it.

If it were me in charge, I'd have gone back to the planet using PJ's loaded with everybody who knew how to fire a weapon. I'd then use the Wraith stunners to knock them all down. Grab all the ones that I could get my hands on. Take them back to Atlantis, chuck them in a cell together. Then put in a hidden camera/microphone to record their conversations. They will be bound to say the planets name, such as the leader saying don't tell them it's on ??? under any circumstances or whatever. If that failed, then you start bringing them in one by one. Give them some truth serum & get it out of them that way. There are a few other more 'questionable' methods that I'd turn to as a last resort in order to gain the planet's location.

I'd really love to have seen them follow up on it by now, either in S2 or S3. Maybe they got the new gate address, only went to it & found it inhabited by Wraith weho have since culled the planet & set up a base of operations etc.

Comment

I seriously doubt the team would get that 'evil' on them for the ZPM..

Comment

I think that it will be revisited but I highly doubt that we will ever get that ZPM....it's not like we need them...we could go after the Replicators for that. Maybe destroy most of there city and see if any remain.
                              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Working...
                              X