This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite movie "quotes"

So what is your favorite movie quote please just post the quote and tell us the movie that it is from and who in the movie said it!!! TV show quotes are welcome too because there are so many good ones out there.

edit: Book quotes are verrry welcome to so dust off your favorite book and find your favorite quote!!
    Last edited by ur uncle urgo; 13 August 2007, 12:24 PM.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Movie-Armaggeddon
    AJ(Ben Affleck)-
    Hey Harry, miss me?
    Harry(Bruce Wills)-
    AJ, I've just got five words for you Dam glad to see you boy!
    AJ(Ben Affleck)-
    Thats six words.

Comment

I'll be back.
      Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Pulp Fiction
        Jules:The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
        sigpic

Comment

from my favourite movie of course

Serenity

Mal "It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well, I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say. Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. And love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down… tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keels… makes her a home."

Comment

I knew it'd be Serenity ...obsessed...
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              I knew it'd be Serenity ...obsessed...
              you are just jealous that I've seen it two times short of thirty.. and three times this week... or rather.. last week

Comment

it would be a much better film if they hadn't have killed off Book and Wash
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

ok i guess i better put one up

movie "Dirty Harry"
                  Harry Calahan(Clint Eastwood)

I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fired 6 shots or only 5?'. Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a 44 Magnum the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you'¡ve got to ask yourself one question: 'do I feel Lucky?'. Well, do you, punk? starts to walk away from the altercation.
                  some street dude i dont know who

i gots to know. turns points gun at him click its empty.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                    it would be a much better film if they hadn't have killed off Book and Wash
                    What can't hear you *denies that Book and Wash died*

Comment

off supernatural

when deans says sexed up ET

Comment

We should have a "Book Quotes" one, too... I have some great ones...

Anywho, from "I, Robot":

Detective Del Spooner: You are just a machine. An imitation of life. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot take a canvas and turn it into a beautiful masterpiece?

Sonny: Can you?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Aliens

Gorman: Hicks, meet me at the south lock. We're coming in.
                          Hicks: Roger.
                          Hudson: [to Vasquez] He's comin' in. I feel safer already.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            We should have a "Book Quotes" one, too... I have some great ones...

Anywho, from "I, Robot":

Detective Del Spooner: You are just a machine. An imitation of life. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot take a canvas and turn it into a beautiful masterpiece?

Sonny: Can you?
                            ok thanks for the idea book quotes are in to peeps

Comment

Okay, book time!!!

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card:

Valentine Wiggin: "Welcome to the human race. Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you."

Valentine Wiggin: "Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be."

Ender Wiggin: "It was a lie of course, that it wouldn't hurt a bit. But since adults always said that when it was going to hurt, he could count on that statement as an accurate prediction of the future. Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth. "

Speaker for the Dead, also by Orson Scott Card:

Ender Wiggin: "Don't ever try to teach me about good and evil. I've been there; you've seen nothing but the map."

Xenocide, also by Orson Scott Card:

Hive Queen: "The strangest thing about humans is the way they pair up, males and females. Constantly at war with each other, never content to leave each other alone. They never seem to grasp the idea that males and females are separate species with completely different needs and desires, forced to come together only to reproduce."

Ella: "You've done all this thinking, you've seen all the possibilities for the future - good ones and bad ones alike - and yet the only ones you are willing to believe in, the imagined future that you seize upon as the foundation for all your moral judgments, is the only future in which everyone that you and I have ever loved and everything we'd ever hoped for must be obliterated."

Ender Wiggin: "I choose to live in a universe that has some hope in it."

Ender Wiggin: "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."

Unattributed: "Changing the world is good for those who want their names in books. But being happy, that is for those who write their names in the lives of others, and hold the hearts of others as the treasure most dear."

Children of the Mind, again by Card:

Unattributed: "Knowledge is just opinion that you trust enough to act upon."

And lastly, Shadow of the Hegemon, by Card:

Sister Carlotta: "I don't know a soul who doesn't maintain two separate lists of doctrines — the ones that they believe that they believe; and the ones that they actually try to live by."
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X