X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jake you poor poor man, set your VCR or get someone else to set theirs

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
      You know, July 16th isn't really that far away. Just a little over two months. Has anyone started a count-down?

To 'Dude':
      Are you working on a camp staff or going as a camper?
      yes I have from today only 63 days, I can't wait.

Comment

They've gone down the Star Trek route by introducing all this new technology (a Universal Translator especially!)
        why would they need a Univeral Translator? the galaxy already speaks english and with humans in the Pegasus Galaxy, that galaxy will probably speak english anyway. it isn't like they will be running into a new species every week(or it may just be a cheap way to explain why the Pegasus galaxy speaks english)

i am not really excited about it. i love the idea of a new SG series but unlike Season 8 of SG-1 (which i am excited about) it didn't have anything that came before it to get me exicted. i was excited about SG-1 because of the movie, i am excited for S8 because of S7 but Atlantis doesn't have anything like that

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
          why would they need a Univeral Translator? the galaxy already speaks english and with humans in the Pegasus Galaxy, that galaxy will probably speak english anyway. it isn't like they will be running into a new species every week(or it may just be a cheap way to explain why the Pegasus galaxy speaks english)

i am not really excited about it. i love the idea of a new SG series but unlike Season 8 of SG-1 (which i am excited about) it didn't have anything that came before it to get me exicted. i was excited about SG-1 because of the movie, i am excited for S8 because of S7 but Atlantis doesn't have anything like that
          Actually, most people in the Pegasus galaxy would probably speak Ancient, so it jus translates from Ancient to Enlglish, and obviously since it's tv we see their mouths move as if they speak English, but to the Atlantis team, it looks like the people are being dubbed

Comment

I can't wait to see the show, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it as much as SG-1. Not that it won't be good - or even that I won't watch it - but Bonnie Hammer (Sci-Fi) admits that it is geared and produced for a younger audience (teens, I suppose). I don't have kids, so I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I'll wait and see.
            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
            once done, cannot be undone...
            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
            X