Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I spoil SGA Season 1 if I watch SG1 Season 9 first?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I spoil SGA Season 1 if I watch SG1 Season 9 first?

For those who don't know, Sam's Club sells Stargate SG-1 seasons for a very nice price of $24.70 so I've been slowly collecting them but they don't have any Stargate Atlantis DVDs!

So, I've finished SG1 Season 8 and need more Stargate so I purchased SG-1 Season 9, but I don't know if I should hold off on watching it so I can watch SGA Season 1 first.

What do you think?

What the heck is this Sam's Club? O_o

Comment

go ahead and watch season 9 for two reasons, one i feel (and maybe alone in this feeling) that sg1 got a little better because you got new team members, a kicka$$ new enemy and the whole king aruther thing is asome. and two in season 9 i cant remember any mention of atlantis and if their is it would not spoil anything. sg1 and atlantis are too diffrent shows and it dosent matter which one you watch first.

P.S
      id say watch atlantis as soon as you can to catch up because season 3 comes out on dvd in a month and a half and season 4 starts like a week later

Comment

Originally posted by sofakng View Post
        For those who don't know, Sam's Club sells Stargate SG-1 seasons for a very nice price of $24.70 so I've been slowly collecting them but they don't have any Stargate Atlantis DVDs!

So, I've finished SG1 Season 8 and need more Stargate so I purchased SG-1 Season 9, but I don't know if I should hold off on watching it so I can watch SGA Season 1 first.

What do you think?
        You'll have to deal with some spoilers....
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

I'm trying to think, and I am not sure you'd really be spoilt all that much.

In all, I do believe that spoilers would be minor if there is any at all. Season 9 in my opinion (and from what I can remember) doesn't really cover anything that has happened in Atlantis during season 1 or 2.

Personally I say watch it because I do believe you'd not be let on any spoilers as to what happens during Atlantis.

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I'd say watch Atlantis first. There's a thing that happens at the end of SGA Season 1 that is pretty much rendered void if you watch Season 9.

Comment

What do you think?
              The below content contains benign spoilers for SG-1 Season 9's premiere and Atlantis Season 2.
              Spoiler:
              Season 9 makes practically no references to Atlantis beyond Daniel missing a trip to Atlantis in the first episode. There is one thing you might want to consider. Remember the Prometheus? Atlantis features Earth's second fullsize Earth ship, the Daedalus. We see a second Daedalus-class ship, the Oddyssey which plays a major role toward the end of Season 9. That might rob the Daedalus of having that wow, a new ship feeling. If you don't mind that, go ahead and see Season 9 of SG-1.
              Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 02 August 2007, 01:12 PM.

Comment

For most of the seasons where SG-1 and SGA ran together neither one really did anything that would be a spoiler by watching 1 SG-1 with another SGA season except for a few minor things...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Season 9 makes practically no references to Atlantis beyond Daniel missing a trip to Atlantis in the first episode. There is one thing you might want to consider. Remember the Prometheus? Atlantis features Earth's second fullsize Earth ship, the Daedalus. We see a second Daedalus-class ship, the Oddyssey which plays a major role toward the end of Season 9. That might rob the Daedalus of having that wow, a new ship feeling. If you don't mind that, go ahead and see Season 9 of SG-1.
                  You do realize you just spoiled it for him, don't you?

Please use spoiler tags.

Comment

I thought that was common knowledge, sorry. I editted my post.

Comment

What do you think?
                      You will not be spoiled. It only time SGA have things that coinside with SG-1 is in season three of Atlantis with two eps that have refence to what is happening in SG-1.

Comment

You wouldn't be too spoiled, but I would still say it's a bad idea, mainly because you'll lose a sense of connection between the two that I, (albeit not many others), feel is vital to watching two shows at one time. The seasons take place roughly at the same time as other episodes of a sister show, so if you continue on to the next season of SG-1 without catching up on Atlantis, you won't have a feel for what all is going on in the universe at one time. It'll be fragmented and separated, which I feel isn't what it's supposed to be.

But that's just me

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I watch the shows separately, you don't loose any feeling of the big picture.

Comment

Sort of a similar question....not worth a thread...so please excuse my newby-ness

I just learned of the upcoming SGAvalon series..(if it's real and truly upcoming)...My understanding is that it launches from a time period somewhere around 4 years after the time depicted in the second SG1 feature film. If the series begins this fall....and the feature films are into 2008....isn't there a real hang up for the Avalon writers?...Aren't their hands tied as far as refering "back" to SG1, Ori and just a whole lot of expository stuff?.....we won't know what the Avalon characters know until the movies air in 2008!

Comment

Spoiler:
                              The big Atlantis S1 plot point is getting back to Earth. By SG-1 S9 Atlantis has reestablished contact with Earth. S9 states that Atlantis obtained a ZPM, another Atlantis plot. And you'll know that the Wraith never made it to Earth.

SG1 S9 will spoil the conclusion to all 3 major plot-points/arcs of Atlantis S1-2.

Originally posted by Razzgard View Post
                              Sort of a similar question....not worth a thread...so please excuse my newby-ness

I just learned of the upcoming SGAvalon series..(if it's real and truly upcoming)...My understanding is that it launches from a time period somewhere around 4 years after the time depicted in the second SG1 feature film. If the series begins this fall....and the feature films are into 2008....isn't there a real hang up for the Avalon writers?...Aren't their hands tied as far as refering "back" to SG1, Ori and just a whole lot of expository stuff?.....we won't know what the Avalon characters know until the movies air in 2008!
                              SGAvalon is a fan fiction written by fans like you. No one affiliated with Stargate, MGM, SciFi or any other official network will have any level of involvement. If you write some Stargate related material it will be as official and canonical as SGAvalon.

The real new series is going under the production name Stargate: Universe and will take place in present day, but will not involve the SGC, Atlantis, or any of the current major players.
                              Last edited by Ripple in Space; 02 August 2007, 07:52 PM.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                              X