This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The History of the Daleks

Just something I stumbled across which details the entire history(ies) of the Daleks up until the Ninth Doctor.

There are two histories.

One without Davros. The original history.

One with Davros. The perverted history created by the first strike of the Time War from the Timelords (Genesis of the Daleks) the one which became the dominant version of history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/dalekhistory1.shtml

Thought I'd share.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Just something I stumbled across which details the entire history(ies) of the Daleks up until the Ninth Doctor.

There are two histories.

One without Davros. The original history.

One with Davros. The perverted history created by the first strike of the Time War from the Timelords (Genesis of the Daleks) the one which became the dominant version of history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/dalekhistory1.shtml

Thought I'd share.
    Sorry haven't read it but do they mention the Movies? Or are they just too out of the loop to include?

Comment

The Peter Cushing movies?

No they don't. Something I'm rather glad about as they screw up continuity so badly they should have been buried in time. No TARDIS engine noises, a human man named "Dr.Who" with TWO granddaughters, one of which being Barbara... Plus, they were remakes of "The Daleks" and "The Dalek Invasion of Earth" so....

As for the McGann movie. Again they don't mention it, but the dalek presence was minimal.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'd rather not read it right now since I haven't seen much of the classic series. But I'm starting to watch some of the older episodes.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
          I'd rather not read it right now since I haven't seen much of the classic series. But I'm starting to watch some of the older episodes.
          It doesn't spoil much tbh, I'd simply reccomend seeing Genesis of the Daleks and Remembrance of the Daleks before hand.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            It doesn't spoil much tbh, I'd simply reccomend seeing Genesis of the Daleks and Remembrance of the Daleks before hand.
            And such great eps watch them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              And such great eps watch them anyway.
              So true! Especially Remembrance. Personally it's my favourite out of all the classic stories I've seen. McCoy is a great doctor, there's a great soundtrack, dalek dialogue is fast and exciting, and the plot is brilliant.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I like Rememberence of the Daleks the best of all Dalek episodes

Comment

Genesis of the Daleks is probably my favorite Tom Baker serial. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Of course, I had never seen a Dalek until Eccleston (well, aside from a brief scene from the beginning of The Five Doctors). It's sort of disappointed watching the old serials after seeing what the Daleks are like now.

Comment

i notice that they only include stuff from the show and didn't really discuss the books
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The books aren't actually canon.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X