Default Question about rating on SG-1

My 12 year old son has loved watching SG-1 for over a year now. I had bought him Season 5 before. I just bought season 1 and there was one scene that i feel was not appropriate for his age when we watched the pilot. Are there other scenes with nudity that any one is aware of. We both loved the pilot and i want to let him watch the rest of the first season but unfortunately for me I do not have time to watch each episode with him. Unless he can wait a long time to see them all. He will probably devour the whole first season in a week he likes it so much.

Thank you

Dave

Default Re: Question about rating on SG-1

I am nearly 100% sure so I think I can say:
    no!
    Childer of the Gods is the only ep I belive even in SG-1 history...
    Maybe there is a scene in The Torment of Tantalus, you should watch that first because I don't remember exactly
    [I watched all episodes up to date, most not only once...]

Have fun, greetings to your son...
    I would like my father to buy the DVD boxes but...

Martouf is correct. MGM thought it wise to put a scene of Full Frontal Nudity in the pilot to help draw viewers to the pilot. This is a Pilot only thing though.

And in the Torment of Tantilus, Earnest Littlefield is definetely naked, but you never see below his waist.

Chief Master Sergeant "Just the Zat's Ma'am"'s Avatar

Stargate SG-1 was actually talked about in a recent Christian magazine. The show was given pretty good reviews other than that one nudity scene. I think you are pretty safe!

There was actually a thread that had the link to the article . . . you should still be able to find it. Christian Review of Stargate or something like that.

Smile Re: Question about rating on SG-1

Thank you for the information!

Dave

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

As others have said, the scene in the Pilot (Children of the Gods) is definately the only real nudity in the series. There is implied nudity in later season 1's Torment of Tantalus, and season 8's New Order, Part 2, but in the first case you only see the actor's chest and the second you only see the actor's back.

Re: Question about rating on SG-1

Well for the record it was SHOWTIME's idea to have the nudity, it was a 'requirement' lol...
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com
    http://img36.exs.cx/img36/9366/vhemt.jpg
    I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by Munnellski
    My 12 year old son has loved watching SG-1 for over a year now. I had bought him Season 5 before. I just bought season 1 and there was one scene that i feel was not appropriate for his age when we watched the pilot. Are there other scenes with nudity that any one is aware of. We both loved the pilot and i want to let him watch the rest of the first season but unfortunately for me I do not have time to watch each episode with him. Unless he can wait a long time to see them all. He will probably devour the whole first season in a week he likes it so much.

Thank you

Dave
    That's the only nudity you have to worry about, but if you are concerned about bad language, there is one curse (the "s" word) in the final episode of the first season. As far as I can remember, that's the only time there is curse word used in the entire series.
    There is nothing cruvas with me.

I know some parents consider words such as (not sure if I'm allowed to spell them out here) a** and p***ed off inappropriate, and both of those have been used.

Chief Master Sergeant Sam & Jack Shipper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Munnellski

Thank you

Dave
    My younger children (10 & 7) both watch the show. That scene is the only one in the 8 year history that I have had to change the station for. I don't even have to worry about them watching it on the DVD because for some reason, neither one of them likes "Children of the Gods" even though it is one of my top 5 episodes.