This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ancients used a retrovirus to create wraith out of humans

like the virus that sheppard was infected with. its hard to believe that carson could create a retrovirus on his own without a state-of-the art lab and a team of top-notch scientists.he might have gotten some data from ancients computers

Ummm... no?

Comment

Didn't he have a state-of-the art lab and a team of top-notch scientists? Anyway, I'm sure he used whatever information he could recover from the Ancient database.
      Last edited by JesterDala; 26 July 2007, 05:46 PM.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Wasn't Dr. Beckett an expert in genetics ? Didn't he isolate the Ancient gene that controls all the equipment in Atlantis ?

Comment

This thread makes me cry and question the judgment of mankind.

Comment

This thread makes me cry and question the judgment of mankind.
            To create a retroviris, you would need an exact duplicate of the CDC and you got to work on it full-time. Carson did it in a year and a half and he did spent time on injuries of the atlantis expedition

Just exactly how does ancient tech scan for the gene?

Comment

I apparently missed the episode arc where it was revealed that:
              1) The Ancients were evil
              2) The Ancient were also crazy
              3) All humans in the Pegasus Galaxy somehow have part-Iratus Bug DNA in their bodies
              4) I don't know, John finally kisses Rodney?

Comment

Actually, what I *think* the author meant to say was: "The Ancients used a retrovirus to create the Wraith." Or something to that effect, I'm not quite sure, but I do know that the original title appears to be accusing the Lanteans of turning a group of humans into the Wraith intentionally.

My rebuttal would be: no they didn't. The Wraith were created when the Ancients somehow allowed a group of humans to live on the Iratus bug homeworld, and through some process I don't quite understand, the Iratus bugs began to take characteristics of their prey I.E. the humans living on Irata (personal term for the Wraith homeworld), thus the Wraith were born. Now I'm guessing the 'Gate around Irata was placed in orbit once the Ancients discovered the Wraith and just left well enough alone. So eventually the Wraith developed the hyperspace generator and space travel somehow and became the plague of Pegasus they now are.

Comment

Ok, I am going to assume you were smoking some good $h*t because these past few threads of yours are dumb. And if you have lots of questions put them in one thread like many people here.

Comment

Nope I'm clear headed. One thread is speculation if the ancient were creating the wraith for their own purposes. Thats the previous thread I posted. The other thread, which is this one, asks if the wraith were created by a retrovirus. See? 2 different topics. I put them on different threads so to avoid confusion.

If anybody is nit happy with the way I'm posting my threads, pls don't just seat there and whine that I'm asking dumb questions. Thats just so disgraceful behaviour. Please inform the moderator and let him decide.

Comment

Why would the Ancients want to create a hybrid species which not only feeds on humans but fed on Ancients as well? The Wraith in 'The Defiant One' says -

WRAITH: I've fed upon countless thousands of humans, Atlanteans, even a part of my own crew.

The only possible reason why they'd want to experiment with Iratus bugs is to develop some kind of super healing, anti ageing gene therapy. They'd have learned about these bugs' feeding habits in the process, though. We know that the Lanteans made some big mistakes but I don't think they were so stupid that they'd dump partly mutated Iratus bugs on a planet and then forget about them until it was too late.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tauriprivatesoldier View Post
                        like the virus that sheppard was infected with. its hard to believe that carson could create a retrovirus on his own without a state-of-the art lab and a team of top-notch scientists.he might have gotten some data from ancients computers

We know that ascended beings or the Orci, Adria, could give others dreams or suggest things to them telepathically regardless of the distance, ergo, Carson could have gotten the idea or the means to accomplish it by an ascended being or group of ascended beings. They still haven't explained how every body in Pegasus speaks english. That's simple enough, they're not its just that the ascended ones enable them to communicate regardless of their language.

Comment

I have a theory that the wraith are really just humans with prosthetic masks and makeup on!
                          Not only that, but this whole thing about a “Stargate” it’s not real! Its just people making it up! I know it sounds crazy but it’s true! Oh, and Joe Flanigan is just a really big elf.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirick View Post
                            I have a theory that the wraith are really just humans with prosthetic masks and makeup on!
                            Not only that, but this whole thing about a “Stargate” it’s not real! Its just people making it up!
                            I also have a theory. Everything that happens in the Stargate universe is according to what's written in scripts.

We can come to all kinds of conclusions concerning things which haven't been properly explained. Our conclusions could be proved wrong in future SGA seasons.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tauriprivatesoldier View Post
                              Nope I'm clear headed. One thread is speculation if the ancient were creating the wraith for their own purposes. Thats the previous thread I posted. The other thread, which is this one, asks if the wraith were created by a retrovirus. See? 2 different topics. I put them on different threads so to avoid confusion.

If anybody is nit happy with the way I'm posting my threads, pls don't just seat there and whine that I'm asking dumb questions. Thats just so disgraceful behaviour. Please inform the moderator and let him decide.
                              The Ancients didn't create the Wraith. Do you even watch the show?

Comment

Working...
                              X